I went straight from ATT .167 to .282 Vodafone. My phone's got nothing on it as I just picked it up today. I have to switch my plan from my iPhone tomorrow morning.

I also need a reliable way to sync my calendars to google. I may just have to buy spanning sync....
    07-30-09 11:35 PM
    Ok, I just switched from Rogers to Vodafone and what I have found:

-Went up from 46MB to 52MB
    -Service is much more jumpy, it seems like my bars are always changing... So far I can't tell if this is good or bad... I have dropped to EDGE a couple times but service in my house is generally shoddy. Although as I was typing this I had two EDGE bar and it just switched to 4 3G bars.

I can deal with it jumping around on 3G but if it jumps down to EDGE often I will be going back to Rogers.
    08-01-09 10:44 PM
    Just sitting here it is switching back and fourth... going back to Rogers.
    08-01-09 10:48 PM
    I'll vote for Vodafone as for some reason, the battery drain was a problem with Rogers, memory went up from 47.7 to 51.1 as well.

So far running smooth (More than a week)
    Last edited by Dinesh�; 08-02-09 at 04:17 AM.
    08-02-09 04:15 AM
    geez who gives a rats *** on which carrier version you got...Rogers, CSL, Voda UK...ITS THE SAME DAMN OS PPL! ive got the CSL OS and it works fine for me...no freaking point in switching...
    08-02-09 05:03 AM
    geez who gives a rats *** on which carrier version you got...Rogers, CSL, Voda UK...ITS THE SAME DAMN OS PPL! ive got the CSL OS and it works fine for me...no freaking point in switching...
    ^^ I think thejgeffect would think differently (see above).
    08-02-09 05:29 AM
    I just did a binary comparison on the .cod files in the java folder for .282 Rogers and CSL. Apart from the expected variations for EastAsia language support files there are no differences, the core applications are identical. The .sfi radio file is clearly different with a big size difference, but no info about the reason or significance of this - could it be supported language issues again?.
    08-02-09 08:27 AM
    and compared to Vodafone ?
    08-02-09 09:05 AM
    The service of Rogers vs. Vodafone was very different. Voda could not hold a 3G signal nearly as well. I don't really care if anyone agrees or thinks all OS versions are the exact same but I tested it out myself and am happier with Rogers.
    08-02-09 10:51 AM
    The service of Rogers vs. Vodafone was very different. Voda could not hold a 3G signal nearly as well. I don't really care if anyone agrees or thinks all OS versions are the exact same but I tested it out myself and am happier with Rogers.
    Ur in jersey right? Where abouts? Just wondering in what area u get 3G jumping around on voda's os .282?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:59 AM
    im in north jersey and im using vodafone 282...i like it way better than when i had att's os

better 3g reception and slower battery drain
    08-02-09 01:26 PM
    and compared to Vodafone ?
    The installable filesets are identical in a binary comparison between the Rogers and Vodafone downloads. That's both the Java folder and the UMTS folder, zero differences. The only difference in the on-pc install are in vendor.xml, but that gets deleted anyway.

Now, if anyone can provide a convincing and rational technical explanation (not involving substance abuse) why users report different results on the same hardware between the two downloads.... we would love to hear it.

Note: Method to reproduce comparison,
    * Download .282 Rogers and .282 Vodafone.
    * Install first OS on PC. Rename folder 9000-V4.6.0.282_P4.0.0.235 by adding vendor name to prevent overwrite. Install second OS.
    * Open Command Prompt (DOS window) and use FC tool to compare, using /B switch and redirecting output to text file. Check both Java and UMTS folders.
    fc /B <path>\9000-V4.6.0.282_P4.0.0.235-rogers\*.* <path>\9000-V4.6.0.282_P4.0.0.235-voda\*.* >result.txt
    * Review text file after completion.
    08-02-09 02:20 PM
    I'm on the asia .282

How would I go about installing the vodaphone .282?
    08-02-09 02:31 PM
    Ur in jersey right? Where abouts? Just wondering in what area u get 3G jumping around on voda's os .282?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm actually on Cape Cod for the summer... Otherwise I am in North Jersey... I only experienced 3G jumping around on Voda...Rogers seems to hold it better. Couldn't tell you why or how...
    08-02-09 03:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD