I have a problem with the speakers now that i upgraded..

The volume is stupidly low, can barely hear it if I even hold the phone up to my ear.

Ringtones, music, videos, youtube ect is all effected :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:19 AM
    I have a problem with the speakers now that i upgraded..
    The volume is stupidly low, can barely hear it if I even hold the phone up to my ear.
    Ringtones, music, videos, youtube ect is all effected :/
    Do you have the sound directed out the earpiece or from the speakers? Also, you can click the + volume button 4 times rapidly and it will give it a power boost. Great for larger style headphones.
    04-29-09 12:39 PM
    Just using the speakers, dont have any headphones

04-29-09 01:07 PM
    In the media player though, there is the option to have sound come from the speaker OR earpiece.

Also, have you done a battery pull? Next, try reloading the OS...

Otherwise, I'm stumped.
    04-29-09 01:16 PM
    I am experiencing the same issue, and perhaps I didn't notice it before, I'm not sure. I'm trying to debate now whether it's the OS or a hardware issue. My issue specifically is that the volume seems to be normal out of the left speaker (near the USB) and non-existent on the right (edit: so that when listening from a normal distance the volume is incredibly low). I've read in another thread that an adjustment to the hardware does the trick, and I'm willing to try that... But can anyone else confirm if this might be an OS issue; ie... did downgrading to .247 help this problem at all?
    Last edited by sandos; 05-11-09 at 10:06 AM.
    05-11-09 10:03 AM
    I complain all the time about how low the volume is... I try to use my That's What She Said app on people but you can't hear a damn thing.

I still haven't found a fix.

EDIT: and i'm on .247
    05-11-09 10:05 AM
    There was a thread someone posted about, turn your bold around so the camera is facing you

Then grab the bezel and the chrome above the flash and press them together

Worked for me and a few others

05-11-09 10:35 AM
    My volume dropped when I upgraded to .266, just using the volume key on the phone put it back to normal. It just seemed the default setting was lower volume. I've had no problems with it since.
    05-11-09 10:36 AM
    There was a thread someone posted about, turn your bold around so the camera is facing you

Then grab the bezel and the chrome above the flash and press them together

Worked for me and a few others

Bingo... So it is a hardware issue... Amazing. So I'm wondering now. Does this fix last permanently or will I keep needing to do this? I know I read somewhere last night that someone opened it up and removed and cleaned the speaker and adjusted the "prongs" some and said that it worked great from there... Anyone done this?
    05-11-09 10:39 AM
    Bingo... So it is a hardware issue... Amazing. So I'm wondering now. Does this fix last permanently or will I keep needing to do this? I know I read somewhere last night that someone opened it up and removed and cleaned the speaker and adjusted the "prongs" some and said that it worked great from there... Anyone done this?
    how about you just turn the volume back up after your upgrade?
    the default setting is low
    go into media player and enable audio boost
    start with the easy stuff before you try to rewire your BB when it may not be needed
    05-11-09 10:45 AM
    how about you just turn the volume back up after your upgrade?
    the default setting is low
    go into media player and enable audio boost
    start with the easy stuff before you try to rewire your BB when it may not be needed
    It's really strange. I played with the volume settings all day yesterday. I even looked into a thread that said something about switching to "activate headset" and then back to "activate speakerphone" in media player that did the trick for someone.

My issue just seemed like hardware to me (and it turns out it was)... What I'm wondering is I've been using the oft complained about, tight pocket pouch for about 2 weeks now and I need to to grasp the exact area I had to tweak this morning to fix the volume all the time to remove the phone from the pouch. This is likely the culprit... The fix (squeezing the bezel and area above the flash together) worked wonders, the volume is about 3 times as loud as it was before I did that and coming from both sides normally... I'm just wondering now if I should try to make this more permanent by doing whatever it is this does inside the phone instead of constantly squeezing the bezel and flash when my volume gets low... 6 of one, half dozen of another... If I keep having to do this, I will keep stressing out the phone. If I open it up, I of course run the risk of screwing something up. What to do, what to do...
    05-11-09 10:53 AM
    Hi, just would like to ask what is the reason this bezel squeezzing works, there should be something it just gets fitted after doing so, anyone has investigated this ?
    07-02-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah upgrade to .282

07-02-09 08:08 PM
    There is a fix.... Go to .247

07-02-09 11:50 PM
    Having the same problem..upgraded to os 5.0 and downgraded to 282...pressing the bezel and chrome on camera fixed...I would hate to get a replacement ( since its gonna be refurbished)..

07-03-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah, I had same issue...I finally got tired of squeezing the thing. I didn't think I was going to get it fixed as I bought it off ebay. Anyway, I finally just called AT&T told them what was going on and they walked me through the normal stuff (volume settings, making sure I had a ringtone selected, and finally a wipe of the phone). They told me it was definitely a hardware issue and my phone was still under warranty even though I didn't get it directly from them and...get this...they replaced it!!! I couldn't believe it. So now I have my new Bold and everything is all good now.
    shorrar

07-03-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD