I want to go from my current .282 OS build back down to the Vodafone .266 version that I had a while back...since I can't get all my thumbnail pics to open with .282 even though their stored on my memory card.

But...does anybody know if 4.6.0.266 still support VVM?
    09-15-09 11:28 PM
    i believe it does. back when AT&T didnt offer VVM yet, people installing it had to delete or change the VVM settings in the OS prior to installing. now thats its provisioned, it should work. check with someone else, but i think now you wont have to edit those files and all should work right. i remember having to edit the file when i went to .266 from .167.
    09-16-09 02:47 AM
    It sure does when I first upgraded to .266 I deleted VVM because att didn't have it and more memory could be attained with out it. Since .297 came out and has proven to be garbage I downgraded to .266 kept the VVM and my Bold hasn't ran better since. Everything works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:56 AM
    The only problem with VVM on .266 (with AT&T) is that there are no ringtone or LED notifications when you get voicemail. Otherwise, it works fine.

09-16-09 03:54 AM
    The only problem with VVM on .266 (with AT&T) is that there are no ringtone or LED notifications when you get voicemail. Otherwise, it works fine.

Funny you should say that but, my ringtone and LED notifications work just fine.

09-16-09 10:13 AM
    Funny you should say that but, my ringtone and LED notifications work just fine.

It was a problem on .266 when AT&T first provisioned VVM: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/no-...on-vvm-302455/

I don't know what would have changed since then or what makes your set up different, but as you can see from the (second page of the) thread I linked, some of us went through a lot to try and get ringtone and LED notifications.
    09-16-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD