Would love to hear from anyone currently using a Bold 9900 as their daily driver with a BIS plan.

My phone might be on it's last leg and I'll probably be firing up the 9900 to use on TELUS. I contacted them via Twitter and they said they still offer BIS but I need to call them to find out more details. Would be great if anyone can say what they're paying for their BIS and plan overall. Thanks
    03-27-16 11:29 AM
    Present. 3 months and rocking it on the Rogers network.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-27-16 11:36 AM
    I have a Classic on Verizon but would love to pick up a Bold and give it a whirl. Scared it won't work for me.
    03-27-16 11:39 AM
    On Fido.
    Will be 3 years this April.
    03-28-16 10:53 AM
    Daily driver is a 9930 on Verizon. No issues, everything works great.

EDIT: forgot to add that VZW does not charge anything more/less to use the 9930 with BIS. My account is the loyalty program; unlimited phone and text and 2GB of data. I use this account on my 9930 or one of my other phones when I get bored: Moto X, BB Q10, BB Z10, BB Classic.
    Last edited by fkornre; 03-30-16 at 08:48 AM.
    Josh Hill7 and Avenzuno like this.
    03-29-16 08:14 PM
    My main phone is a Passport SE, but let's face it: That's a pretty big phone. I use a Bold 9900 (AT&T) almost every day for one thing or another where I don't feel like taking the Passport. Love the form factor and the pkb "with a smile." It's a very elegant device. Downsides: Browsing pretty much bites the big burrito, and no Glympse on the 9900 version of BBM.
    03-29-16 09:08 PM
    You shouldn't need to pay more, just call in and let them know you want to activate BIS. It should be added to your data plan.

Once done, you can switch your sim back and forth as you wish between your BIS and non-BIS devices easily.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Josh Hill7 likes this.
    03-29-16 09:13 PM
    Just for people's info, I tried adding BIS to my t-mobile line, and they charge an extra $20/month for the service now.
    03-30-16 05:19 AM
    Just for people's info, I tried adding BIS to my t-mobile line, and they charge an extra $20/month for the service now.
    They charge for a monthly data plan and BIS?
    How much does it cost you to use your Bold on a monthly basis?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 06:55 AM
    They charge for a monthly data plan and BIS?
    How much does it cost you to use your Bold on a monthly basis?

Posted via CB10
    Well I have a regular plan for an iphone. And I have a 9900. I wanted to add the BIS so I could swap sims. It used to be a free add in but now costs an extra 20/month extra in top of my regular plan. So I just don't use the BB anymore. It's a shame.
    03-30-16 10:42 AM
    ... but now costs an extra 20/month extra in top of my regular plan. So I just don't use the BB anymore. It's a shame.
    What carrier, if you don't mind sharing? AT&T currently provides BIS at no charge.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-30-16 11:00 AM
    Oh, sorry -- now I see where you wrote T-Mo.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-30-16 11:01 AM
    What's their justification for charging for BIS? Doesn't BIS just mean that your data connection gets routed to BlackBerry servers? So there's no extra complexity or cost for the carrier to support this.
    03-31-16 03:31 AM
    BIS give you unlimited data plan via your BlackBerry - internet, email, IM communicator - without any extra cost. And all your data is compressed via the BlackBerry servers, and this is the reason why browsing through the BIS is slower than normal data plan. Only condition is that through the BIS connection you can't watch youtube videos and other streaming (it will go via normal data plan). But... there is a way, to whatch youtube via BIS without limits - maybe not so fancy and fast but you can.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-31-16 06:31 AM
    That would be enough to stop me from using the 9900, BIS is included here, and I can swap between my iphone and 9900. Then again we pay about $75 a month in Canada for what is considered a "normal" monthly plan so they better include it!

03-31-16 10:46 AM
    My apologies for the erroneous information.

I should clarify in noting that I am in Canada with a Canadian carrier and that my BIS is included free of charge.

I frequently swap between my legacy and bb10 phones and androids without issues.

It's a shame you guys have to pay that much just for BIS really.

But then again, we get killed on the contracts and pricing here.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    03-31-16 08:51 PM
    9930 on Verizon in US. No problems. No added charges AFAIK. Same monthly as my Classic, anyway.
    04-01-16 04:30 AM
    I use a 9900 on Wind. On a legacy plan that started with my Curve 9360 and is $25/month. It has unlimited everything but data only has 100MB per month, but it is close to what I get charged for every month. Sometimes I go over but still runs under $35. When I first got it, I snuck a peek at the setup and at the time it noted the data cap was just a placeholder since most everything would run through BIS. Since about December when they upgraded network, speed and reliability are fantastic.

I occasionally swap between BBOS7 and BB10 devices and they have no problem.
    I know a few people at work running 9900 and 9790 devices on Rogers, Koodo, etc and it is all fine
    04-02-16 10:59 PM
    I use a 9900 on Wind. On a legacy plan that started with my Curve 9360 and is $25/month.

I know a few people at work running 9900 and 9790 devices on Rogers, Koodo, etc and it is all fine
    I am happy that Rogers doesn't charge extra for BIS.

I miss my 9790 now and I almost forgot I had one! I liked that it was the same size as my 9780 but unfortunately after 4 months it started jamming and having freezing issues when running on a later OS7.1 update.

04-08-16 06:35 PM
    Would love to hear from anyone currently using a Bold 9900 as their daily driver with a BIS plan.

My phone might be on it's last leg and I'll probably be firing up the 9900 to use on TELUS. I contacted them via Twitter and they said they still offer BIS but I need to call them to find out more details. Would be great if anyone can say what they're paying for their BIS and plan overall. Thanks
    Just curious...
    Did you get info from Telus ?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 09:45 PM
    Still running one here as a primary phone (gf)... But browser memory and battery keeps draining and 3G are getting frustrating to say the least. As great of an email and txt device, can't deny the memory issue due to age is rendering it obsolete and nothing from bb right now is appealing... Android apps are just annoying on bb10... We can oppretend it's not but it soooooooo is even on q10... Makes me cringe how slow they are to open, lack of control on access device and glitchy interface issues.
    04-08-16 09:55 PM
    Still running one here as a primary phone (gf)... But browser memory and battery keeps draining and 3G are getting frustrating to say the least. As great of an email and txt device, can't deny the memory issue due to age is rendering it obsolete and nothing from bb right now is appealing... Android apps are just annoying on bb10... We can oppretend it's not but it soooooooo is even on q10... Makes me cringe how slow they are to open, lack of control on access device and glitchy interface issues.
    do you reboot everyday? Its pretty much part of the daily maintenance. I run 13 apps and after a nightly reboot I still have 160mb available that gets me through the next day.

Even the memory loss on my iphone 5C is an issue each week, just not as frequent as the 9900.

04-08-16 10:01 PM
    Several apps can provide scheduled "auto reboot" nightly, while sleeping.
    04-09-16 08:13 AM
    I just received an unlocked 9650 bold that I'd like to pass on to someone that still uses bb7. Comes with extras.....lol

Posted with my Passport SE
    04-09-16 08:21 AM
    I just received an unlocked 9650 bold that I'd like to pass on to someone that still uses bb7. Comes with extras.....lol

Posted with my Passport SE
    That's an all touch device ?
    04-09-16 08:35 AM
47 12