I've had my Bold for half a year now, but never realised these tiny issues existed:

1) Is it possible to check out the time at which an SMS or MMS has been sent? It is important for me because I turn off my phone regularly and would like to see that instead of the time I receive it, which is entirely useless to me...I don't care at what time I receive messages...

2) In my address book I've assigned my home phone number to "home", "dad (H)" and "mom (H)"... but when my brother called me from the home phone, my bold said "dad (H)" instead of "home"... is there a way I can give "home" the priority? hope it's not too complicated

Thanks!
    06-21-09 11:42 AM
    1) Is it possible to check out the time at which an SMS or MMS has been sent...

2) In my address book I've assigned my home phone number to "home", "dad (H)" and "mom (H)"... but when my brother called me from the home phone, my bold said "dad (H)" instead of "home"... is there a way I can give "home" the priority? hope it's not too complicated

Thanks!
    1) No.
    2) If you have three contacts with the same number, I think the caller id function will return the first one in alphabetical order. That is consistent with what you are seeing. You can test it by renaming "home" to *home". Please report back with your results, so I can correct my advice if it is wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 12:35 PM
    I've had my Bold for half a year now, but never realised these tiny issues existed:

1) Is it possible to check out the time at which an SMS or MMS has been sent? It is important for me because I turn off my phone regularly and would like to see that instead of the time I receive it, which is entirely useless to me...I don't care at what time I receive messages...

Thanks!
    I am not sure I agree with the Moderator response above me but I assume he knows much more than I.
    However as far as seeing when the txt was sent (and this may well be carrier specific - I'm on Telus) when I look at the the list of txt messages it shows the time my phone received it. When I open the txt the time it was acutally sent shows in the header information beside the name.
    I have found this to work even after my phone has been off.
    I hope this helps
    06-21-09 12:40 PM
    I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I'm going to turn off my phone and send myself a text message from another phone to see if your tip works on Verizon. Thanks.

EDIT: Your tip worked perfectly when I sent an SMS from another Verizon smartphone to my 8830. Thanks for posting and correcting my misinformation.

06-21-09 12:45 PM
    I am not sure I agree with the Moderator response above me but I assume he knows much more than I.
    However as far as seeing when the txt was sent (and this may well be carrier specific - I'm on Telus) when I look at the the list of txt messages it shows the time my phone received it. When I open the txt the time it was acutally sent shows in the header information beside the name.
    I have found this to work even after my phone has been off.
    I hope this helps
    Hey!

I'm with AT&T... though I have the feeling that it's a Bold issue, and not AT&T's since my old sony ericsson actually showed me both the sent and received times... But when I open the list of all of my txt msgs, the bold only provides me with one time, which is, as of now, only the time at which I receive it... what exactly do i have to do? i'm not really following...
    were you talking about your storm?

1) No.
    2) If you have three contacts with the same number, I think the caller id function will return the first one in alphabetical order. That is consistent with what you are seeing. You can test it by renaming "home" to *home". Please report back with your results, so I can correct my advice if it is wrong.

yes, that's the solution there, works fine now, thanks!
    Last edited by gipfeli; 06-21-09 at 03:31 PM.
    06-21-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD