Ok guys, im having issues with BBM , the contacts pictures arent showing which si kinda weird for me :S should i reinstall my o/s or something??? also, i bought my bold 9000, and im wondering how can i get the pin released if i cant talk to the owner about releasing it??
    05-30-10 09:51 AM
    Regarding your BBM issue, I want to say do a Battery Pull but I'm guessing you've already done that

So, try getting the new BBM '' 5.0.0.57 '' from app world

Go to Options then Applications ( add-on ) to see which version is currenty installed
    05-30-10 11:13 AM
    its 5.0.0.57

should i delete it and re-install ive already tried that though so im thinking back up my contacts and reinstall os :S
    05-30-10 06:18 PM
    I agree with Ahmed, I was having issues with BBM and actually downgraded and now its working fine. Also, for whatever reason, it seems to make a difference WHERE you DL it from-eg, try another source.
    05-30-10 06:49 PM
    Ok guys, im having issues with BBM , the contacts pictures arent showing which si kinda weird for me :S should i reinstall my o/s or something??? also, i bought my bold 9000, and im wondering how can i get the pin released if i cant talk to the owner about releasing it??
    Your BEST bet would be the original owner, but if not try calling ATT and explaining the situation, but I think in the end only RIM can do it.

Or you could try this "trick............................................ ..."

Your PIN is ‘PIN A’ and the other one is ‘PIN B’.

Step 1: you’ll sign in to ‘PIN B’ account at rogers.blackberry.com. At the left hand side of the screen below settings, you’ll find and select ‘change device’ then enter ‘PIN A’ in the device pin bar and ‘PIN A’s IMEI’ in the Device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and click SAVE.

Step 2: Send service books and wait until ‘PIN A’ device received “Email account information” from Activation server which actually belong to ‘PIN B’. This process should take less then a minute.

After finishing step 2, ‘PIN A’ is registered to account that belongs to ‘PIN B’ and ‘PIN B’ has no BIS account.

Step 3: After receiving those emails, you’ll go to change device again to start “kicking” PIN A out of any carrier by entering ‘PIN B’ into the device pin bar and ‘PIN B’s IMEI’ in the device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and clik SAVE. Send service book again and wait until ‘PIN B’ device received the “Email account information” from Activation server.

After finishing step 3, ‘PIN A’ is “freed” and ‘PIN B’ is back to it’s regular activities.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mke67; 05-31-10 at 12:02 AM.
    05-30-10 11:38 PM
    I agree with Ahmed, I was having issues with BBM and actually downgraded and now its working fine. Also, for whatever reason, it seems to make a difference WHERE you DL it from-eg, try another source.
    Before reinstalling your OS !

Try going back to an older BBM version. Have a look at this thread. There are some helpful posts that could help.

link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/bl...ctures-476801/
    05-31-10 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD