Hello. I have an odd problem or hopefully a simple question.

I just retired my trusty 8310 and upgraded to a 9790. Upon booting the phone up I tried accessing the internet via a browser icon. I noticed there are 2 icons. One has a blue globe, and another with a black/dark grey globe. Odd. Searching through BB's website shows only the blue globe. Very Odd or maybe I fail at researching.

So I open up one of the browser icons and type in "google.com". page starts to load, then redirects to something along the lines of "googe.com/vistor.index.php". Then quickly redirects to "googe.com/router.php?". .A page requesting age and gender. I think to my self wtf. Maybe I typed in google wrong. Tried it 10+ more times with the same result. Google.com typed in correctly each time. googe.com is some poets website....

Same results in both the browser icon with a blue globe and the one with a back globe.
    After plugging it into my computer to see if there were 2 browsers installed (seeing only one) google loads properly every time.

The phone is new in a sealed box, purchased off amazon.com. Everything seems to work. But before I add any personal into the phone I'd like to see what you guys and gals have to say about that redirect and dual browser windows.

Thanks in advance

TL/DR New phone as two browser icons, google.com redirects to "googe.com/router.php?
    09-21-13 10:16 AM
    I have to say that's pretty odd indeed. The only thing I can think of is the seller might have had some kind of bloatware agreement and added some "spam" stuff.

If it was me I would preform a security wipe and load the latest OS and installing it using Apploader. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...temala-774604/

If you do, remember to delete the vender.xml files from your computer first. You can find those files here:
    C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

This should get rid of the second browser and any spam associated with it.
    09-21-13 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I sure thought this was odd. I will make sure to note this on the Amazon Review.
    May end up having to return the phone. The "A'" button is iffy, Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

After messing with the phone I found out that the dark globe is labeled as "Simple Mobile Browser"

Simple mobile is my service provider. I'm looking into installing the latest firmware. Its been along time since I did my old BB.

Thanks again
    09-25-13 06:57 PM
    Struggling to upgrade the OS. Tried using the link you provided, found the xmls files and removed them. Tried vendelete as well to find any hidden xmls. No others found. When I run app loader there is no option to change the OS. Only installed apps...

More research is needed. Trying to install via DM shows the latest OS but it wont allow me to update it.Says only active bb service subscribers are entitled to install this blackberry device software upgrade

Any ways around this?

Last edited by 95impyss; 09-25-13 at 08:47 PM.
    09-25-13 08:18 PM