My Girlfriend and I both have AT&T BlackBerry Bolds, she has a 16gb sd card, i have a 4, I always keep us both up-to-date with OS, we're both currently running .282 with bbm5 recently her phone had started taking over 7 minutes to boot, compared to my 1.5 minutes to boot, and the OS on hers, while identical to mine, was also sluggish, so i wiped hers, reinstalled, same results.... swapped batteries, same results, swapped media cards, same results, then i thought to just totally take her card out, and guess what, it boots up in under a minute and fly's in the OS, so what could be causing the bold to boot slow just cause theres a media card inserted, and keep in mind its ANY media card, i've tried backing the contents up and formatting the card ON the bold to see if its some file system confliction, but this has just popped up, it hasn't always been like this and we've been using these cards for months... it happened in between new OS's so its not like .266 or .282 has caused this, it just one day started booting slow, but without a card its fine, i'm at a loss unless somebody here has experienced this, i don't know if a dirty card slot could be blamed or what but that seems unlikely...anyone seen this before?
    07-22-09 07:32 PM
    When a memory card is inserted the phone scans through everything. So hers being 16gb probably has more content=needing more scan time. Go to Media after a reboot.
    07-22-09 07:41 PM
    its slow for days after its in, its not like its just slow once we put it in, as long as theres ANY media card, even if its blank inserted, the phone boots and operates, slow, so as originally stated, the contents of the card are irrelevant, i just don't understand why having a card in would make the phone run slow, and it just started doing it too. it hasn't always been like that
    07-22-09 07:43 PM
    Try backing up everything on the card then reformat it using the phone.
    07-22-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD