Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/e2/e2833c2a04d8ea2ddf3eb7664ee6a21347161938532816fc2850298dca249ec8.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20210910145921/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    What's the difference between a class 4 or 6?
    08-15-09 10:57 AM
    Speed !

Class 6 is faster and better than Class 4.

can any one recommend a 16gb card ?
    08-15-09 11:10 AM
    I got the San Disk 16gig microsdhc ultra class 4. Seems very fast, but maybe that's cuz it's the ultra, not the regular. hmm........
    08-15-09 11:22 AM
    The different classes (speeds) of MicroSDHC cards is largely irrelevant when you're talking about using it in your phone. The bottleneck is the phone, not the card.

However, there is significant speed difference when directly connecting the card to your computer. The question is whether you're willing to pay 150% more for a class 4 16gb as compared to a class 2 considering how rarely you might be using the card in this way.

Also, beware the class 4/6 MicroSDHC cards from companies like A-Data and Ri-Data, etc. - many users report that these cards do not, in fact, achieve the speeds required to be called class 4/6.

Personally, when it comes to flash memory, I try to stick with Sandisk...or at least Kingston. That's just me though.
    08-15-09 11:39 AM
    Like said above - the speed won't matter on a phone for general use. For a digital camera or something else it does
    08-15-09 11:45 AM
    I can’t decide whether get 8GB or 16GB to replace mine [stick to SanDisk too].

Dumb q -sorry. How can I differentiate which one is which?
    Last edited by amelia.s; 08-15-09 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    08-15-09 08:44 PM
    I'd get a 8 Gig MicroSD. Decent size, decent time to fill it.
    Aim for at least class 2.
    The Classes typical mean in megabytes how fast they write.
    Class 2 is 2megabytes, 4 is four megabytes and so on.

I have a Class 2, though it doesn't say, I know because of the tests I've done with it.

Typically, don't worry too much, just pick one thats cheapest and from a respected manufacturer (I know, oxymoron their, but hey, if it works from one group and doesnt break >.>)
    08-15-09 09:23 PM
    The reason I bought the SanDisk 16gig microsdhc ultra, is because I have approx. 16 full albums of music, 120 pictures, 30 videos on a SanDisk 8gig microsdhc and it's out of room and there are more music, pictures and videos I want.
    08-15-09 09:30 PM
    I'd get a 8 Gig MicroSD. Decent size, decent time to fill it.
    Aim for at least class 2.
    The Classes typical mean in megabytes how fast they write.
    Class 2 is 2megabytes, 4 is four megabytes and so on.

I have a Class 2, though it doesn't say, I know because of the tests I've done with it.

Typically, don't worry too much, just pick one thats cheapest and from a respected manufacturer (I know, oxymoron their, but hey, if it works from one group and doesnt break >.>)
    Cheers for the input. Really appreciated. Will get one hopefully later on today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 01:02 AM
    Transcend Class 6 is amazing.

I remove the microSD card from the phone and insert it into my card reader on my Sager notebook when transferring large files (moves, larger playlists, etc).

For people who tell you class 4 is fast, laff... it's nothing compared to a quality class 6. Check out wiki's write up on the different classes and speeds.
    08-16-09 02:48 AM
    The different classes (speeds) of MicroSDHC cards is largely irrelevant when you're talking about using it in your phone. The bottleneck is the phone, not the card.

However, there is significant speed difference when directly connecting the card to your computer. The question is whether you're willing to pay 150% more for a class 4 16gb as compared to a class 2 considering how rarely you might be using the card in this way.

Also, beware the class 4/6 MicroSDHC cards from companies like A-Data and Ri-Data, etc. - many users report that these cards do not, in fact, achieve the speeds required to be called class 4/6.

Personally, when it comes to flash memory, I try to stick with Sandisk...or at least Kingston. That's just me though.
    This is dead on correct. The only thing is I have been using A Data for years without issue. For a 16GB card there will be little difference in a 4 or 6 when loading from a PC and none in your phone between any of the cards. You did fine, enjoy the card.
    08-16-09 07:27 AM
    I just cannot see myself paying around $100 for a class 4 16GB vs. $45 for a class 2 16GB when it will only benefit me when the card is out of my phone and directly in a computer.

Once I fill it up with music and video, it's incredibly unlikely that I'll be doing any MAJOR changes. Sure a few GB here and there replaced with other stuff but for a $55 price savings I'll wait an extra minute or two every month for the "slower" speeds.

Lastly, you have to factor in the time it takes to get the card out of the phone and into the computer as well! That damn little latch and tiny card are a PITA for me sometimes lol
    08-16-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD