Ok so I am going to get a larger sd card. Now I know it is not as simple as swapping it out for a new card. How do I get all the stuff from my old card to the new one. Is there a procedure that I should follow??
    Rick
    I would connect to your PC, navigate to the card via My Computer, drag everything off the card to my desktop, replace old card with new, reconnect to the PC, and drag everything onto the new card.

10 minutes tops.
    08-21-09 11:55 AM
    Dude.. I am not here to be cold shoulder around you.. anyway You are right about some ebay seller selling fake MSPD (memory stick pro duo) cards. long times ago, thats what I heard from ebay. I was almost about buy MSPD from ebay but somehow (itself) ebay's warning me like you did provide of links as above exactly ebay provided me. Thank ebay, they do care about buyers too..

anyway I took risk to buy mSDHC from ebay.. I did and it runs my 8900 very well..
    I've bought a Lexar Compact Flash card and a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo off ebay & both are authentic and work fine.
    08-22-09 06:01 PM
    i want 1 so bad but i cant afford it yet. im running out of room with all of my ringtones as soon as i take a picture i have to upload it to facebook and delete it.

just bought a 16 gig PATRIOT microsd, wow im so happy lots of songs,pictures and 7 movies and i still have lots of room wow,

tho i havent watched a full movie on my bold hehe,im happy i have em on her..
    will test battery and see how how it lasts on a movie,
    .avi for bold is the format im using.

bold 9000 is awesome....
    08-22-09 10:57 PM
    Does anybody remember when PC's from 1998-2000 had pitifully small HDD's. I had an IBM Aptiva with a 5GB HDD lol
    Jeez, how young are you? I remember when a hard drive period was an amazing thing -- my first was a whopping 20MB. Used to be storage was on 720 KB 3.5" disks exclusively not much more than 20 years ago. Yeah, I rode my dinosaur to the store to buy them.

BTW, the talk about class is BS, at least for the Bold. Class is important for recording video, not for what we use carfs for on the Bold. So a class 2 16GB will more than do. I've had one (a SanDisk) since January -- it's filled with over 3200 songs and I have no problems with it. If you pay a premium for a higher class, you're wasting your money IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:11 AM
    Jeez, how young are you? I remember when a hard drive period was an amazing thing -- my first was a whopping 20MB. Used to be storage was on 720 KB 3.5" disks exclusively not much more than 20 years ago. Yeah, I rode my dinosaur to the store to buy them.
    Yeah, I remember starting on an old Wang basic computer (don't remember the model). Then a Commodore Vic20 I think, then spent a lot of time on a Tandy TRS-80 and an Apple II and IIe. No hard disks, 5.25" floppies, as much as 64K of memory? My first computer with a hard disk was an IBM PS/2 Model 35 with probably that same 20mb hard drive you mentioned. I remember my C215 computer class in the mid-80's where the professor made the shocking announcement that IBM was rumored to be working on a (gasp) 1MB memory chip!

I ran an IBM AS/400 for a few years in the late 80's/early 90's. it was a "midrange" system back then and considered to be very powerful. It had a whopping 4mb of RAM and used both 8" floppy disks and magnetic tape reels for backup.

So, ummm...yeah.
    08-26-09 11:55 PM
    I was saying that there arent any 16gb cards that come in class 4 or higher out yet.
    Wrong! I have a SanDisk 16gig microsdhc mobile ultra class 4.
    08-26-09 11:59 PM
    congrats on the 16gb micro SD. one more post left till 100!
    08-27-09 01:03 AM
    ....when are 32gb expected to be readily available?
    08-27-09 09:48 AM
    i want 1 so bad but i cant afford it yet. im running out of room with all of my ringtones as soon as i take a picture i have to upload it to facebook and delete it.
    Can't afford one? A 16GB card is 35 bucks...

Dane-Elec DNL DA2IN116GR 16GB microSDHC Memory Card in Secure Digital Memory Cards at JR.com
    08-27-09 09:54 AM
    I'm content with my 4GB for the time being, but I'm contemplating an 8GB.
    08-27-09 10:27 AM
    A SanDisk 16gig microsdhc mobile ultra class 4 is $92.00
    08-27-09 10:39 AM
    A SanDisk 16gig microsdhc mobile ultra class 4 is $92.00
    Overkill if you ask me, you won't see class 4 speeds on your bold. If your into big name brands and speed class wars, spend your money. Me, I'll get the same storage and performance out of my 16GB card for 35 bucks.
    08-27-09 10:46 AM
    Overkill if you ask me, you won't see class 4 speeds on your bold. If your into big name brands and speed class wars, spend your money. Me, I'll get the same storage and performance out of my 16GB card for 35 bucks.
    So you've never weighed in as far as I can see -- how is your 16GB card doing on .297 after reboot with the scan time? (Assuming it has a bunch of stuff on it, that is.)
    08-27-09 11:29 AM
    So you've never weighed in as far as I can see -- how is your 16GB card doing on .297 after reboot with the scan time? (Assuming it has a bunch of stuff on it, that is.)
    I was afraid it would be slow, like with .282, but it's actually faster. Even all my pics load faster. I'm happy.
    08-27-09 01:12 PM
    You get what you pay for.
    08-27-09 01:13 PM
    You get what you pay for.
    On the bold, there is no difference between class 2 and higher, there is no difference between sandisk and others. I have used all classes and all brands of microsd cards and have yet to pop one in and say to myself, this card is better than the rest. I walk into the store and buy the cheapest card available in the size I need and it always runs just fine for a whole lot less.

You can buy 100 octane race gas and put it into your civic, but you're not gonna go any faster than the guy using 89 octane. You may go a little faster due to a lighter wallet, but that's about it.
    08-27-09 01:22 PM

You can buy 100 octane race gas and put it into your civic, but you're not gonna go any faster than the guy using 89 octane. You may go a little faster due to a lighter wallet, but that's about it.
    Well, actually running higher octane gas doesn't make you go faster, but it does give you a tad better MPG. You're not going to see a vast improvement, but you do get a little.

Is it worth the price difference? No, not really. Depends on the price.
    Last edited by AClayeJ; 08-27-09 at 02:49 PM.
    08-27-09 02:45 PM
    Well, actually running higher octane gas doesn't make you go faster, but it does give you a tad better MPG. You're not going to see a vast improvement, but you do get a little.
    Maybe so, but is it worth the premium? Nope.
    08-27-09 02:48 PM
    Maybe so, but is it worth the premium? Nope.
    No, that's what why I said so. But, gas and memory cards are totally different.
    08-27-09 02:57 PM
    i've got a 16gb class 1. anyone with a 16gb class 1 and a class 6 notice a huge difference in using the 2?
    08-27-09 10:23 PM
    "
    When a Flash card is rated at 50X, does this mean that data will transfer at 7.5 MB/sec. in any digital camera or other host device? Not necessarily.

A digital camera, cell phone, or other host device is itself limited by the speed of its interface to the Flash card. Often, the host device has a lower read and write speed than the Flash card, so the end result is that the Flash card cannot operate at its best performance level. A good example of this is that a digital camera may only support 10X write speeds, so using a 45X or faster Elite Pro card will not improve performance. Most cameras or other host devices do not have clearly documented Flash card interface read or write speeds, so it may be difficult to know your host device�s exact capabilities.

As a general rule of thumb, digital cameras with up to 5 megapixels will work just fine with standard-speed Flash cards (less than 45X). Newer professional cameras designed for continuous shooting with specifications of greater than 5 megapixels will benefit the most from Elite Pro/Ultimate cards rated at 45X or above.

If using a high-quality Flash card reader to transfer data to a computer, a Flash card with a higher X-speed rating will generally transfer its data faster, thereby reducing the time to copy data from the Flash card to the computer�s hard drive."
    08-27-09 11:33 PM
    :-( I'm still waiting for a 32gb micro sdhc release and don't want to invest in a 16gb card. I have 17+ gb of music that I recently ripped a few months ago.

If a 32 gb micro sdhc card doesn't appear on the market within the next 12 months,....I'm headed straight for the iPhone counter. No doubt! I like the BB because I can use the device with "one" hand,..the iphone often takes two hands to manipulate,..but I can adapt to that.
    :-)
    08-28-09 07:49 AM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD