Well, I ran out of room for music on my Class 2 - 8 GIG card, so I bought a Class 4 - 16 GIG card from Amazon. Got it today, loaded it up and WOW, is it faster!

It came with a Mini-Adapter AND a cool little blue USB adapter that allows you to plug the Micro-Card right into a USB port. Do a search in Amazon for this:

Topram 16GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Card with SD Adapter and R10B Micro USB Flash Card Reader / Writer.

I use a player called Flipside, and previously when I added new music it would take about 5 minutes to re-read the card's new file tree. With the new Class 4 card it read the whole thing in under a minute. I had even added another 2 GIGs or so of music that wouldn't fit before.

FWIW...
    reverepats and Guatiao like this.
    12-13-10 04:18 PM
    so what exactly did the card make faster?.......loading the music?.....i'm curious, cause i need a new SDcard and iu buy stuff at amazon all the time......thanks
    12-13-10 04:22 PM
    Class type only affects copying stuff to and from the card on a computer. That is all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 04:58 PM
    putting that on my wish list lol

tks
    12-13-10 06:10 PM
    Ordered one myself two days ago to upgrade from 8gb class 2.

As Brian said, the difference is the read/write speed of the card.

12-13-10 06:50 PM
    Class type only affects copying stuff to and from the card on a computer. That is all.
    Not true.

Everything you do that reads/writes to the card is effected by the speed of the card.

From reading and indexing files, to writing images from the camera. Going from a class 2 to a class 4, you will see you will be ready for another picture TWICE as fast! Video files will index faster from the SD card and the higher resolution files will play smoother.

Not to mention reading/writing from the PC.

Now, as for the BB itself, it's not going to be a "blow your socks off difference." Every day Joe User would never notice it. But, if you work with a lot of media on your BB, you will see a noticeable improvement.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 12-13-10 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Fixed typo - made clarification
    joey1910 likes this.
    12-13-10 09:55 PM
    I have seen reports that BB devices are only capable of class 2 speeds internally, but no official specs that state it. It's still a question in my mind.

12-13-10 09:59 PM
    Can you post a link to your SD card from amazon?
    12-13-10 10:11 PM
    When I got my 9700 I picked up a 8GB Class 6, I decided to forgo size for speed. Big difference when scrolling through images and music files. I upgraded from a 6GB class 2 I had in my Curve
    12-13-10 10:35 PM
    Can you post a link to your SD card from amazon?
    Here you go...

Amazon.com: Topram 16GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Card with SD Adapter and R10B Micro USB Flash Card Reader / Writer

As has been mentioned, faster cards only impact how fast data gets read. It will NOT make your music play any faster.
    12-14-10 12:59 PM
    How would one be able to determine the class of a micro sd card?

12-14-10 03:21 PM
    As has been mentioned, faster cards only impact how fast data gets read. It will NOT make your music play any faster.
    DARN!! So, if I jump to a class 8 card, it won't make "Drowning Pool" sound like "Alvin and the Chipmunks"????

LOL!!!!
    12-14-10 03:54 PM
    How would one be able to determine the class of a micro sd card?

Usually on the cover by the product brand name there will be a "C" with a number inside. Check the pic- this is a 16 GB Class 2 card.
    12-14-10 04:03 PM
    Have a class 2, 8GB microSD now, almost full though. I'll definitely check out the class 4, 16GB card soon. I have been warned by multiple people that I should definitely stick to name (trusted) brands, to avoid cheaper ones at all cost. Not sure what those are though, SanDisk, Kingston? Can anyone elaborate for me, would appreciate it
    12-14-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD