I've had my bold for about 4 days now, great phone and up until now have had no troubles.

For some reason the '1 Received Message' Symbol is stuck on the home screen, I've checked all of the incoming folders and saved folders for unread messages but with no joy!

Any suggestions?

Gus
    10-24-08 04:47 AM
    I've had my bold for about 4 days now, great phone and up until now have had no troubles.

For some reason the '1 Received Message' Symbol is stuck on the home screen, I've checked all of the incoming folders and saved folders for unread messages but with no joy!

Any suggestions?

Gus
    Do you have one of your message folder icons hidden ?

I had that with a message stuck in there

if not, do a battery pull that sometimes works if you don't have a hidden folder icon?
    Last edited by markuk; 10-24-08 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling mistake lol
    10-24-08 04:49 AM
    Pulling the battery worked a treat thanks mate!

Best

Gus
    10-24-08 04:57 AM
    Same problem for me� battery pull worked for me too!
    02-24-09 09:44 PM
    The battery pull is the recommended way to clear most glitches, and is recommended in the User's Manual.

Glad you got it cleared.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:11 PM
    check your saved messages also, sometime an opened or undownloaded message remains there tooo
    02-24-09 10:34 PM

Any suggestions?

Gus
    Have you checked missed calls? Sometimes ppl forget those. If not there then do a batt pull like the others have suggested...
    02-24-09 10:39 PM
    Have you checked missed calls? Sometimes ppl forget those. If not there then do a batt pull like the others have suggested...

But if a missed call will be remaining, it'll show a miss call icon not a msg icon.
    02-24-09 10:44 PM
    Yep Battery pull worked for me too. Thanxs.
    03-21-09 03:38 PM
    Battery pull is simply a universal mean of fixing most basic software issues on BBs!
    03-21-09 03:59 PM
    battery pull worked here to, always try the good old battery pull first !!
    09-02-09 01:23 PM
    Amazing how many thing a battery pull fixes. You think RIM would have a handle on these issues by now!
    09-02-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD