A pretty important feature in BB emails is the ability to set filters. Want to stop emails from a particular email address to be sent to your BB? No problem, takes about 60 seconds.

Emails marked as Spam in your PC will not be sent to your BB by default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well talk about safe, that's good news right there.

I remember I owned a Torch back when it first came out on AT&T, but I wasn't currently working in the industry at the time so I have no memory of how emails behaved... all I remember was being constantly in sync with nearly every flipping social network in real time with the notifications... then moving to the iPhone 4 on Verzion, I had a nice big pretty screen, with a nice pretty phone with super sweet Apps that I barely use and texting was a breeze... then life began, jumped into the Industry and even though everyone I work with at the agency has an iPhone 4, they're actually all on the exchange server (reserved for people being there for quite some time under a different email acount) ...i'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs being late to emails and looking like a slacker lol So from the looks of all that you've guys have said, BB is where it's at.
    08-18-11 01:49 AM
    I have actually seen this everytime im on my laptop that my BB will get an email before my gmail gets it its strange but very cool haha.
    08-18-11 02:11 AM
    A pretty important feature in BB emails is the ability to set filters. Want to stop emails from a particular email address to be sent to your BB? No problem, takes about 60 seconds.

Emails marked as Spam in your PC will not be sent to your BB by default.

I'm pretty familiar with how the BlackBerry OS works, but I've not seen this on any of my BlackBerry phones. If the emails are pushed by RIM's NOC servers, then how does the spam designation at the PC prevent that same spam message from getting to my BlackBerry?
    08-18-11 02:12 AM
    Yeah I was trying that for a bit and it just wasn't what I needed. I felt like I was being cheated, such an expensive device, desired by many yet it can't function properly for a graphic designer in the advertising world that doesn't own an exchange server haha.
    Well, I've been very critical about RIM putting an edof camera in their new phone but that aside...
    ....Of all the droids and iphones I've set up for people at work NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING.
    ....Beats a BB on email - it simply rules the roost in that area by a long shot.
    08-18-11 02:16 AM
    I'm pretty familiar with how the BlackBerry OS works, but I've not seen this on any of my BlackBerry phones. If the emails are pushed by RIM's NOC servers, then how does the spam designation at the PC prevent that same spam message from getting to my BlackBerry?

Magic I don't know, it just works.

08-18-11 02:33 AM
    How's the formatting of emails these days? Still a jumble of links and images not displayed properly? I'm asking cause i have an iPhone that I may be selling in order to get one of these new BB's.
    Last edited by cenloe; 08-18-11 at 02:44 AM.
    08-18-11 02:35 AM
    Well, I've been very critical about RIM putting an edof camera in their new phone but that aside...
    ....Of all the droids and iphones I've set up for people at work NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING.
    ....Beats a BB on email - it simply rules the roost in that area by a long shot.
    The technique has been perfected is this acceptable to you?
    08-18-11 02:38 AM
    Magic I don't know, it just works.

I know that the mass market email accounts from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and such filter out the spam before it reaches your PC, but none of the ISPs that I've used are set up for that. They forward everything to the email client on my PC. Since there is no filtering, it all goes to my BlackBerry too.
    08-18-11 02:49 AM
    I know that the mass market email accounts from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and such filter out the spam before it reaches your PC, but none of the ISPs that I've used are set up for that. They forward everything to the email client on my PC. Since there is no filtering, it all goes to my BlackBerry too.
    To be honest that's what I use this on, Gmail and Yahoo. My work email is spam free so far.

08-18-11 02:59 AM
    What I do with my BlackBerry in order to receive push mail is this:

1. I set up a new mail on the BlackBerry page from my Italian provider (Tim). The address has the domain @tim.eu.blackberry.com

2. I then set a forward from all the mailboxes i want to check to that new BlackBerry address

3. I tell the new BlackBerry address to send messages using an alias and change it from @tim.eu.blackberry.com to @mymainaddress.it

I don't know if this is the proper way to go, but by doing this I always get instant messages from all of my mailboxes and receive them on my BlackBerry without any delays.
    08-18-11 03:11 AM
    What I do with my BlackBerry in order to receive push mail is this:

1. I set up a new mail on the BlackBerry page from my Italian provider (Tim). The address has the domain @tim.eu.blackberry.com

2. I then set a forward from all the mailboxes i want to check to that new BlackBerry address

3. I tell the new BlackBerry address to send messages using an alias and change it from @tim.eu.blackberry.com to @mymainaddress.it

I don't know if this is the proper way to go, but by doing this I always get instant messages from all of my mailboxes and receive them on my BlackBerry without any delays.
    That's def overkill, you don't need to to that, only if one account you know has the 10-15 minutes delay but for anything else just set them up on their own, they're all instant push.

08-18-11 03:38 AM
    That's def overkill, you don't need to to that, only if one account you know has the 10-15 minutes delay but for anything else just set them up on their own, they're all instant push.

Actually for some reason if I don't do that chances are that messages reach me on my Blackberry after 5-10 mins. I don't know why..
    08-18-11 03:41 AM
    Actually for some reason if I don't do that chances are that messages reach me on my Blackberry after 5-10 mins. I don't know why..
    Only certain accounts have that and mostly when set up as POP, if you change to IMAP they will become instant.

That's what happened with my 1and1.co.uk email account, pop-15 minutes, imap-7 seconds.

08-18-11 03:46 AM
    I have both and my BB and my iPhone both get gmail pushed at the simultaneously. You need to check your iP4 settings. Be aware that BB does not sync properly both ways. Delete on BB syncs to mailbox instantly but the reverse can take hours. Also you can only Archive on a BB not use labels to file.
    08-18-11 04:03 AM
    I have both and my BB and my iPhone both get gmail pushed at the simultaneously. You need to check your iP4 settings. Be aware that BB does not sync properly both ways. Delete on BB syncs to mailbox instantly but the reverse can take hours. Also you can only Archive on a BB not use labels to file.
    Actually you can, in OS7 press menu/select Apply Lable where you can even create new ones.
    In OS5/OS6 press menu/select Filter that showed you your lables, there you can move them between lables.

08-18-11 04:20 AM
    Actually you can, in OS7 press menu/select Apply Lable where you can even create new ones.
    In OS5/OS6 press menu/select Filter that showed you your lables, there you can move them between lables.

Not wishing to hijack the thread but although I can apply the label, it still appears in the BB inbox. I want to be able to apply the label and for it to be removed from the BB inbox. It also stays in the Gmail inbox albeit it has a filing label. I want to be able to actually file the message in a label and move it from the BB and Gmail inboxes.
    08-18-11 04:27 AM
    Not wishing to hijack the thread but although I can apply the label, it still appears in the BB inbox. I want to be able to apply the label and for it to be removed from the BB inbox. It also stays in the Gmail inbox albeit it has a filing label. I want to be able to actually file the message in a label and move it from the BB and Gmail inboxes.
    Sorry, no disrespect but you're wrong again, that has nothing to do with the Blackberry, you have to stop that from happening from Gmail Labels Settings.

The BB will ring and flash the led light but you'll not see the email in the inbox, you have to go to the specific label or to the all mail label.

08-18-11 04:41 AM
    I receive my email on my BB before my computer, always!

Same here, I've been on BES and BIS accounts, either way the BB gets the email before or at the same time as the inbox on the comp.

You'll enjoy the better call quality as well!

08-18-11 06:23 AM
    Well it's a new day, I just woke up and about to head to work. Chances are on my lunch break I'll be heading to the local Verizon store and playing with one of these puppies... then possibly buy one, name it, love it and never look back ever again because I need a tool, not a toy (iP4) :P

Once again, thank you all for your help, I wasn't expecting so many responses and open arms!
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    08-18-11 06:42 AM
    Well it's a new day, I just woke up and about to head to work. Chances are on my lunch break I'll be heading to the local Verizon store and playing with one of these puppies... then possibly buy one, name it, love it and never look back ever again because I need a tool, not a toy (iP4) :P

Once again, thank you all for your help, I wasn't expecting so many responses and open arms!
    I'm confident in saying that you won't have any regrets in your decision.
    08-18-11 08:02 AM
    BB definitely pushes your email in realtime as far as I know

^ This

My emails typically have a 1-2 minute delay from receipt of my inbox to when it is pushed to my phone. My work has an exchange server and I use BIS with Verizon.
    08-18-11 08:42 AM
    I have always wondered why RIM does not have an activesync option, similar to iPhone, Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile.....

The only way to set up exchange sync for contacts and cal is through BES. A native activesync option would be awesome.
    08-18-11 09:09 AM
    Lol that's outstanding. Now what about email accounts outside of yahoo and gmail?

For instance, the server my work uses for both in and out is mail.companyurl.com

Would that still work just like the gmail and yahoo?
    In most cases yes, if it's an exchange server, you can often link in through a manual set-up similar to BIS or through OWA (assuming they don't have BES). Other platforms, I'm not sure, but others here can answer that. You might inquire if your work uses BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express (BESX), if so, you can get set up on that also and have real time push updates on everything from email, contacts, notes, tasks and calendar items. Beware though, it also pushes that company's IT policies to your phone, so take that into consideration.

Otherwise, BlackBerry can handle just about any email account and provide real-time push notifications (no polling every 15 minutes, etc required).
    Last edited by Gawain; 08-18-11 at 10:38 AM.
    08-18-11 10:31 AM
    oh boy. If this can be confirmed, i'll be firing up the ole' eBay and packing this iPhone 4 so it can go to a good home lol
    Email hits my BB before it hits my computer. Welcome to BB!

08-18-11 10:40 AM
    I didn't know the 9930 was available in stores? I thought it was only online for now?

Also, I'm one of those who shifted from a bb to the ip4 - and I was able to achieve the push for all my accounts...granted it takes a bit of a work around, but it definitely works almost the same....
    08-18-11 10:44 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD