with a 1.2 ghz processor i thought i wouldn't see the clock..

but when downloading app world 3.0 the clock shows and navigating around the phone is still laggy ..

am i expecting too much?
    08-09-11 08:13 PM
    First off, when navigating App World 3.0, it's downloading data.

Your expectations are normal, but you have to understand how the App World works.

App World has to talk to the servers, then the servers have to send a list back. That takes time. On GSM, or GSM-like networks, and even on 3G, or 3G-like networks, it will NOT be instantaneous. T-Mobile's 4G may be the best bet, but you are on Rogers, so I don't know how fast your network is.

Also, even on Wifi the app world is slow. Blame the servers, not the phone. Even the iPhone isn't snappy quick when it comes to browsing their app store.
    08-09-11 08:18 PM

Your expectations are normal, but you have to understand how the App World works.

App World has to talk to the servers, then the servers have to send a list back. That takes time. On GSM, or GSM-like networks, and even on 3G, or 3G-like networks, it will NOT be instantaneous. T-Mobile's 4G may be the best bet, but you are on Rogers, so I don't know how fast your network is.

Also, even on Wifi the app world is slow. Blame the servers, not the phone. Even the iPhone isn't snappy quick when it comes to browsing their app store.
    thanks for clearing that up ; >

i know how it works i just didn't think the download would slow down the performance of the phone but i guess the resources might be taken by the downloading..

i do notice downloading multiple apps from app world is much better.. downloading 6 apps at the moment ..

and it's pretty fast... so maybe i retract my first post
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 08-09-11 at 08:26 PM.
    08-09-11 08:22 PM

Bold font is so true. I use my iPhone 90% of the time and the quickness isn't
    what it used to be.
    08-09-11 08:24 PM
    i think the point is while downloading some data in what should be the background doesnt cause other device to do this. they might even be slower processors too.

I think you do have to understand while the hardware is greatly improved, the core OS is still very old and rehashed many times. You will still see some spots where its not going to be as good as you would think
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-09-11 at 09:11 PM.
    08-09-11 08:25 PM
    I think he is downloading six apps at once. This seems likely to slow any phone down in my opinion.
    08-09-11 08:27 PM
    I think he is downloading six apps at once. This seems likely to slow any phone down in my opinion.
    no...

i downloaded App world 3.0 beta from beta zone and that was the only thing running and the clock and lag was apparent
    08-09-11 08:29 PM
    Actually, you can try downloading big files from Podcasts app. It won't slow down the entire device at all. I guess it is just some beta software issues need to be addressed
    Last edited by michaelxyq; 08-09-11 at 08:36 PM.
    08-09-11 08:33 PM
    no...

i downloaded App world 3.0 beta from beta zone and that was the only thing running and the clock and lag was apparent
    My bad, I misread what you posted.
    08-09-11 08:34 PM
    Again, while the CPU may be 1.2GHz, that IS quick for a phone, but do you remember how much we were able to do with our old P3s and P4s? Not much when you do a lot at once.

Desktop PCs are able to do multiple things at once. Phones...not so much.
    dmusicman385 likes this.
    08-09-11 08:35 PM
    I think you do have to understand while the hardware is greatly improved, the core OS is still very old and rehashed many times. You will still see some spots were its not going to be as good as you would think
    Exactly. The processor speed is almost doubled, but don't expect miracles. I was not surprised to see the clock come up while installing applications. Other than that, the only time the clock comes up is when I'm using the sluggish Google Maps.
    08-09-11 08:44 PM
    Its in the beta zone, could be a cause?
    08-09-11 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD