Hi guys,

On the blackberry site, it says that there is "Zero Shutter Lag" on the 9900/9930.

Doesn't seem to be the case for me... what about you?

From BlackBerry - Bold Touch Phone - New BlackBerry Bold Touch Screen Phones

Capture with confidence

5 MP camera
    HD video recording (720p)
    4X Digital Zoom
    Flash
    Face detection and Image Stabilization
    Geo-tagging
    Zero shutter lag
    Multiple scene modes

intoToday.tk
    12-03-11 09:02 PM
    Yeah, I got to test out the camera this weekend on my new 9900 and pictures are instantaneous. I could take consecutive shots faster than everyone else could take one.
    12-03-11 09:16 PM
    Shutter lag is zero or has close to zero has a camera could be but I would bet it is zero haven't timed it and reason its so fast is because it has no AF.
    12-03-11 09:51 PM
    Turn on image stabilization in cam options and come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca likes this.
    12-03-11 10:35 PM
    Turn on image stabilization in cam options and come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you soooo much... No wonder my pictures were blurred before. Why the f that RIM doesn't make it a default setting like in some other phones?

and... to answer the OP, I don't have a lag either so may be you should exchange your phone? I don't have a lag regardless of when the stabilizer is on or off.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 12-03-11 at 11:02 PM.
    12-03-11 10:59 PM
    Could it have anything to do with shooting with or without the flash?
    12-04-11 06:15 PM
    Activate the camera, then press the BB button and go to options.

Then for picture review, set it to OFF.

Now watch how fast you can take photos back to back. There should be almost 0 lag.

It's not the camera lagging by default, it's the fact that the photos are set to review for a few seconds so the user can see what they took. By setting it to OFF, you cannot review after taking a shot until you go into the photo album. Adjust this to you desire of course.

Also, there might be more lag when waiting for image stabilization or flash.
    12-04-11 06:57 PM
    Activate the camera, then press the BB button and go to options.

Then for picture review, set it to OFF.

Now watch how fast you can take photos back to back. There should be almost 0 lag.

It's not the camera lagging by default, it's the fact that the photos are set to review for a few seconds so the user can see what they took. By setting it to OFF, you cannot review after taking a shot until you go into the photo album. Adjust this to you desire of course.

Also, there might be more lag when waiting for image stabilization or flash.
    Thank you.
    I dont know why i miss this option.
    12-04-11 08:58 PM
    I dont know what you guys are talking about. My wifes Torch has an insanely long lag. probably a good two to three seconds. Long enough to totally ruin every shot. I've tried every feature suggested on here and nothing effects it AT. All.
    05-21-12 05:45 PM
    I dont know what you guys are talking about. My wifes Torch has an insanely long lag. probably a good two to three seconds. Long enough to totally ruin every shot. I've tried every feature suggested on here and nothing effects it AT. All.
    Torch yes but they're talking about the 9900 here.
    05-21-12 06:26 PM
    Wanna see how fast the 9900 can really be? Stick it in sports mode.
    05-21-12 06:28 PM
    Thank you soooo much... No wonder my pictures were blurred before. Why the f that RIM doesn't make it a default setting like in some other phones?

and... to answer the OP, I don't have a lag either so may be you should exchange your phone? I don't have a lag regardless of when the stabilizer is on or off.
    Rim can't fix stupid, no disrespect. First thing i do is check settings on any new phone, new app etc, you need to know the options you have.
    05-21-12 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD