Why is it that my super fast "4G" Blackberry plays Youtube videos in low quality and when I am on wifi it plays them at excellent quality.
    Do I have to configure youtube or something? I thought this new HTML5 youtube was already optimized.

I did run a speed test and my 9900 is barely at 1Mb down.

Any suggestions?
    10-08-11 12:52 AM
    Why is it that my super fast "4G" Blackberry plays Youtube videos in low quality and when I am on wifi it plays them at excellent quality.

Do I have to configure youtube or something? I thought this new HTML5 youtube was already optimized.

I did run a speed test and my 9900 is barely at 1Mb down.

Any suggestions?

There is no such thing as a 4G Berry.

Search this forum and you will see the light.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-08-11 01:01 AM
    it's the BIS
    10-08-11 01:01 AM
    I know its not 4G hence the quotations. But even at 3G speeds it should be downloading much faster than 1Mb. When I had my G2x I was downloading at 4Mb average.

xAcid, what do you mean the cause is BIS? how does it affect youtube quality?

thanks for fast replies.
    10-08-11 01:04 AM
    Sorry for not elaborating, basically all data on your phone goes though RIM's Blackberry Internet service which has some encryption and possibly compression, etc. before it gets to you. Because of that extra run around, it basically slows down data a decent amount. The same service that allows us to have awesome push email and other push notifications, slows down other stuff we do.

At least that's my understanding.
    Last edited by xACiD; 10-08-11 at 01:17 AM.
    10-08-11 01:13 AM
    Yea I figured that is what you meant. I knew that BBMs and emails were sent through the RIM servers but I did not know that web browsing was encrypted as well. Makes me smile and frown simultaneously lol. I guess that explains the horrible internet speed.

Thanks again.
    10-08-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD