I'm shocked this isn't a front page story on Crackberry.

Sent using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 01:45 PM
    Same here, just stopped working all of a sudden.
    02-15-13 02:00 PM
    Same with me also..

Is Google detecting it is a Blackberry and not allowing it to play?
    02-15-13 02:24 PM
    I could swear there was a browser identification setting, but I can't find it--maybe it was my imagination.

Sent using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 02:41 PM
    I have the same problem too. Do you guys think that they will fix this? Because there are a a lot of people using blackberry and its just not fair (((
    02-15-13 03:24 PM
    Yeah, for what it's worth, same thing here with my 9900 and the wife's 9320.

We're in Dublin, Ireland. I'm on 02 and she's on Meteor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 03:45 PM
    I've got a Torch 9860 (with OS 7.1) that's developed this same problem a few days ago. WTF, Google!
    02-15-13 03:59 PM
    Yup not working for me either. I can get to the mobile version of the site and can search for videos but once the video is loaded and ready to play nothing happens. I've been able to play videos fine in the past. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
    02-15-13 04:23 PM
    I have a feeling google is up to no good here... I am having the same issues. What happened to "don't be evil"?
    Bobcat665 and Jeeper_73 like this.
    02-15-13 05:06 PM
    I found this thread in my search to find a solution and saw no mention of a good workaround so I signed up to share this-

The "play button" seems to be the only thing disabled. I just search as usual and open the video's page, then add this to the end of the address:

&autoplay=1

This sets the video to play without having to hit the now useless button. You may have to copy the new address and paste it into another tab, and the video will play on a loop until you close it; but otherwise functionality is the same. It's inconvenient but the best workaround I've found so far. Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere. I couldn't find it if it has.

Hopefully this is only temporary.
    tryfe and fryk like this.
    02-15-13 06:30 PM
    You don't have to do all of that!
    When you open a video on the top left of screen you'll see
    A pull down menu. Open it up, and scroll down to find
    "Desktop" this will open the desktop version and you
    Can now watch the video. I'm frustrated as well!

I found this thread in my search to find a solution and saw no mention of a good workaround so I signed up to share this-

The "play button" seems to be the only thing disabled. I just search as usual and open the video's page, then add this to the end of the address:

&autoplay=1

This sets the video to play without having to hit the now useless button. You may have to copy the new address and paste it into another tab, and the video will play on a loop until you close it; but otherwise functionality is the same. It's inconvenient but the best workaround I've found so far. Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere. I couldn't find it if it has.

Hopefully this is only temporary.
    tryfe and robertyhn like this.
    02-15-13 06:43 PM
    This worked! Thanks for sharing!

02-15-13 06:52 PM
    Or that. I just shared my way because a lot of people are still getting errors using the desktop site.
    02-15-13 07:02 PM
    So far I have had no luck with my 9900 and I can't find that in the menu. When I scroll over the video I wish to play, it won't highlite. It looks more like I am just putting my arrow over an image that is unclickable. What the ****? I've made no changes to my phone so this one is on them.
    02-15-13 07:36 PM
    im having the same issue....but only since i updated my OS to the most recent .861. i had a much older os from last year and it work fine on that.

it must be a compatibility issue with the OS and the mobile youtube website.
    02-15-13 07:53 PM
    It isn't the OS update's fault it happend in front of my eyes On thursday at about 2130 est i was watching a video, it errored out, then when i went to hit play again, the same non responsive play button. Google is protecting its assists. Just started emailing youtube, tell them you have a BB 99xx series and youtube isnt working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 08:24 PM
    Same issue here! Thought it was just me. I hope it gets corrected soon..
    02-15-13 08:36 PM
    Mine is not working either. I can navigate throughout the Youtube site but no videos will play. I'm on Bold 9900 AT&T OS 7.1.0.861.

Sounds like Youtube made adjustments to their website thats causing this. Imma email Youtube.
    02-15-13 09:25 PM
    im having the same issue....but only since i updated my OS to the most recent .861. i had a much older os from last year and it work fine on that.

it must be a compatibility issue with the OS and the mobile youtube website.
    interestiing... i recently updated to .861 and ever since i couldnt use youtube. maybe it's just .861? anyone with a different os having trouble with youtube???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 09:50 PM
    Didn't mean it in a bad way. We're all just trying to get it to work. Its very frustrating. Swear I Didn't mean to be meanabout it.

Or that. I just shared my way because a lot of people are still getting errors using the desktop site.
    02-15-13 11:08 PM
    Mine isn't working either. Google is beta.
    02-15-13 11:50 PM
    Same boat here. I even reinstalled the OS.
    I upgraded from Youtube 1.0.0.43 to 1.0.0.47. No luck.
    I deleted the app (link) and could not reinstall it from the app world but it's not there. I am glad to see it is not only me but frustrated nonetheless.

I was monitoring this because I had the other glitch before where I could only play about 1:19 of a video over wireless but the full clip on wifi. So I blamed it first on the carrier. I was getting the "An error occurred while playing...".

I will follow this thread for a solution
    02-15-13 11:59 PM

Gave this a try and everything loads up okay except then the video loads as snow and it says 'this video is not available for this device' Strangely I didn't get this with the mobile version but there it just wouldn't play. Hopefully Google gets this fixed. I wonder if they are aware of this problem? It obviously isn't affecting BB10 devices or the Playbook.
    02-16-13 01:01 AM
    Well to get the ball rolling, everyone with the issue can go to youtube.com and explain the issue under SEND FEEDBACK link.
    02-16-13 01:05 AM
    Same issue on my 9810 with OS 7.1.0.746.

This is just f'n great. Before, I could at least watch one minute and 19 seconds of youtube video before it stopped with an error message. Now I can't even START a youtube video to watch my maximum 1 minute 19 seconds.

(* - Yes. About 3-4 months ago, myself and many many other users started experiencing a problem whereby EVERY and ALL youtube videos would play until *exactly* 1 minute and 19 seconds in and then stop. Its starting to approach half a motherf'n year with this same bullsht error and nothing has been fixed)

I'm not holding my breath for a fix. Google (and Rogers apparently) doesn't give a fck about BlackBerry and especially not about us BlackBerry users.
    02-16-13 06:01 AM
124 1234 ...