Hi.

I have a Bold 9900. Periodically, I back it up, and do a factory reset (i find this cleans it up nicely, altho' it' s at ad annoying doing it every 6-8 weeks, but seems to be required as my Bold soes get a little 'sticky' with slow memory drain). I did so again today, and since then, I cannot play YouTube videos.

This isn't a message error, such as 'cannot play media', not does it just constantly buffer, but when I launch the app., and select a vid, nothing. Just doesn't move when I hit 'play'. I dowloaded another YT player from the BB app. world, and this doesn't work either - altho' this one does just constantly buffer.

I did read that BB10 doesn't come with a YouTube app., so was wondering if this has anything to do with it - ie: YT dropping support for BB altogether?

However, if use the browser to search for 'XYZ123 - You Tube', it plays perfectly.

I have unistalled/reinstalled, done a battery pull a few times, but to no avail. All other applications and services are working fine. I am on the Orange network, UK.

Any tips appreciated.
    02-14-13 08:58 AM
    I'm having the same problem, since last night, YouTube videos no longer work on my 9900
    robertyhn likes this.
    02-14-13 09:02 AM
    Same here. Started last night and I can vouch for two others on different network as well.

Wonder what gives?
    02-14-13 10:44 AM
    Just tried YouTube on my 9900. Videos wont play either. What's going on here?

It's the same problem with my wife's 9900 as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 02-14-13 at 11:39 AM.
    02-14-13 10:59 AM
    I have had the same problem since yesterday. Hoping this will be figured out soon, I called my service provider and he had no idea, the only thing he could think of is that youtube changed to a different kind of system that's not supported by blackberry. Either way, blackberry should announce if youtube is no longer available.
    02-14-13 01:16 PM
    Same here. I pulled up youtube on my 9900 and it loads up but will not play (you can't click on the play symbol on the video). I went to youtube.com on my 9700 and it connected and played the youtube videos i clicked on. I believe it has something to do with m.youtube.com/?client . I tried going straight to YouTube on my 9900 but it automatically redirects you to m.youtube.com but does not redirect on my 9700. I hope there is a fix soon. A few people i know are currently being affected.
    02-14-13 02:40 PM
    Or they need to take of the redirect to m.youtube.com because it works when you go straight to the website. However on 9900 you cannot go straight to the website as it automatically redirects you.
    I have had the same problem since yesterday. Hoping this will be figured out soon, I called my service provider and he had no idea, the only thing he could think of is that youtube changed to a different kind of system that's not supported by blackberry. Either way, blackberry should announce if youtube is no longer available.
    Last edited by fbf2012; 02-14-13 at 02:53 PM.
    02-14-13 02:41 PM
    I used to be able to use youtube through mobile and through clicking the desktop option and now when I choose desktop the video says "Sorry, this video is not available for this device"

Or the need to take of the redirect to m.youtube.com because it works when you go straight to the website. However on 9900 you cannot go straight to the website as it automatically redirects you.
    02-14-13 02:47 PM
    Kevin and the Crackberry team. Have you guys heard anything about this?
    02-14-13 02:55 PM
    What about OS version? Maybe it's connected ?
    I am having this problem on .861
    02-14-13 03:47 PM
    What about OS version? Maybe it's connected ?
    I am having this problem on .861
    It's most definitely a youtube issue. There's nothing we'll be able to do to our devices to get it work, youtube will need to fix whatever the broke unfortunately.
    02-14-13 04:07 PM
    Cheers for the replies. It seems I'm not alone!

As said in my initial post, there's a kind of workaround. In the 9900 browser, you can type what video you want (or genre of video) with the phrase 'you tube' in there, and the results play when you click them. It not ideal, but better than nowt.

I definitely read that the Z10 will not have a built in YT app., so I assume any agreement with them is no longer active - maybe it's connected, altho' the fact that it seems to be working on other BB devices seems to suggest otherwise.
    02-14-13 04:23 PM
    Thankyou for discovering that if you type it in with the word youtube it works! It atleast helps me put up with it for now

As said in my initial post, there's a kind of workaround. In the 9900 browser, you can type what video you want (or genre of video) with the phrase 'you tube' in there, and the results play when you click them. It not ideal, but better than nowt.

I definitely read that the Z10 will not have a built in YT app., so I assume any agreement with them is no longer active - maybe it's connected, altho' the fact that it seems to be working on other BB devices seems to suggest otherwise.
    02-14-13 04:37 PM
    Same issue here- 9900 on .865 on Vodafone UK. I'm sure it will sort soon.
    robertyhn likes this.
    02-14-13 04:58 PM
    Dang...did not work for me. Still get redirected to m.youtube.com

02-14-13 05:26 PM
    Hmmmmm Google is gonna eventually pull all their services from everyone and everything that is not of Google.
    02-14-13 08:15 PM
    woah i just posted a thread on this because my bb refused to refresh and show me this one. But MY youtube on my 9930 Verizon shat itself last night as well and still doesnt work......what gives!?
    02-14-13 08:34 PM
    I just sent youtube a pretty nasty comment in their "bug fix" section. Its one thing to have a video or two go down, its another to kill videos on every bold 9900/9930 in the entire world :/
    02-14-13 08:39 PM
    This makes a lot of sense, I wouldn't be surprised with all the changes youtube has been going through

Hmmmmm Google is gonna eventually pull all their services from everyone and everything that is not of Google.
    02-14-13 10:46 PM
    This makes a lot of sense, I wouldn't be surprised with all the changes youtube has been going through
    yeah then google will go down the toilet just like yahoo and aol did. Thousands are ditching apple for droid because of licensing BS. Googles gonna be in the same boat and lose all their customers pretty soon if they keep this crap up.
    02-14-13 11:51 PM
    At least I have the comfort to know that I'm not the only one with the issue. It's been driving me nuts.
    02-15-13 12:13 AM
    Any help getting You Tube going on our 9900 would be greatly apprieciated. It is our entertainment!
    02-15-13 12:17 AM
    Still no resolution. I fear its no longer going to work.
    02-15-13 08:43 AM
    Other thread has a work around. Use the share featuure and send it to your e mail.update : later friday am it is no longer working,using the share /email feature
    Last edited by fryk; 02-15-13 at 01:55 PM. Reason: update 11 am 2-15
    02-15-13 12:21 PM
    I Feel better now I m not the only one.

If i try typing YouTube on the browser it turns into m.youtube.com

I tried with and without wifi turned on

Blackberry 9790 on 02.
    02-15-13 12:49 PM
124 123 ...