Okay! Time for me to address the biggest problem with BlackBerrys! Well, the ones I have had anyways (9700 and now a 9900).

Ever since I had my 9700, I dreamed of having HD quality on YouTube. Or at least 360.. It seemed as if every video was running in 240p. Out of such a phone, I had much higher expectations. But it was whatever, I was going to upgrade soon anyways.

So, now, with my new 9900, I was ready to watch YouTube videos in HD! Soon to be incredibly disappointed that everything was looking the same as the 9700.. Then I figured it must just be my connection.. Maybe I only had edge or something. Nope.. Still happens, even with '4G' speeds, which we all know is BS, but that is a whole new thread entirely. So then I finally decide to try my WiFi, which to my surprise, actually makes the video look much better!! Well.. Legit videos anyways like movie trailers or music videos if offered on Mobile.. But from what I see, it's still a little fuzzy and what not. Not 100% HD..

Is this just an unlucky problem that I have had to face for years, or do I have to live with this until I get a new phone/BlackBerry? Hopefully one that doesn't have this problem..

I would really like this question to be answered. Also, whenever I click on a link to a YouTube video (let's say on Facebook or something), the video instantly plays, without going to the actual link.. It annoys me because I like to look at descriptions, views, votes, and so on. Is there anyway to get around this? Would a browser app help avoid this problem?
    02-15-12 11:08 PM
    The opera browser solves that problem for me, also copying the link ot halting the browser before it gets to loading the video to replace the "www" with m and it brings it to the mobile page where the title and description can be viewed.

That's how I do it.
    02-16-12 06:09 AM
    The opera browser solves that problem for me, also copying the link ot halting the browser before it gets to loading the video to replace the "www" with m and it brings it to the mobile page where the title and description can be viewed.

That's how I do it.
    Okay, thanks! Do you know what's up with the quality problem of the videos as well or is that just something we're all dealing with?
    02-17-12 10:27 AM
    On my 9900 I get this 'HD' red symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the video image preview before I tap to play the video. YouTube is working I'm sure on improving the quality soon.
    02-17-12 12:14 PM
    On my 9900 I get this 'HD' red symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the video image preview before I tap to play the video. YouTube is working I'm sure on improving the quality soon.
    Is this on the regular browser (the red HD symbol)? Does it actually make your videos HD? Can you look up a random video that definitely has the HD symbol there so I could see if it's there on my phone as well?
    02-17-12 12:54 PM
    All of the videos won't play in HD, but in VGA, scaled to the screen resolution of your blackberry. The quality issue is youtube's, not your blackberry's. I hope that clears it up.
    nickkohlas likes this.
    02-17-12 07:58 PM
    Is this on the regular browser (the red HD symbol)? Does it actually make your videos HD? Can you look up a random video that definitely has the HD symbol there so I could see if it's there on my phone as well?

I've just tried loading to a video before playing on my 9900 and it doesn't show up on every video but keep and eye out for a red HD symbol in the left hand bottomg corner.
    02-19-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD