I'm currently using an anti-glare screen protector, it's the only screen protector that helps keep the smudge's to a minimal and helps protect. The only down side is that it makes the screen look's a little fussy.

Are you using a screen protector? If not, how is the screen holding up so far from your daily usage's?
    08-17-11 06:10 PM
    I have never use screen protectors for my touch screen devices (iphone or BB), just a good case and it works for me, im really careful with my devices but so far so good!
    08-17-11 06:12 PM
    I have an anti glare one also. Went on perfect but I might take it off. Takes away from the screen and makes it look too dull.
    08-17-11 06:13 PM
    im using the factory lcd protective layer, i trimmed the top and have that on it for now, and am awaiting my OtterBox defender.

and Bell also included 2 screen protectors in my 9900 box
    08-17-11 06:13 PM
    Never have, never will. I don't even use a case just a clip-in holster. Waiting for one to come out for the 9930.
    08-17-11 06:14 PM
    No screen protector here.
    08-17-11 06:18 PM
    im using the factory lcd protective layer, i trimmed the top and have that on it for now, and am awaiting my OtterBox defender.

and Bell also included 2 screen protectors in my 9900 box
    Check the size of those "screen protectors"

They are about 3/8" too small.

Those are the saftey/security seal stickers that usually hold the box closed to show its unopened and brand new. However, for some reason bell got theirs as stickers inside the box instead of sealing it shut

I thought they were screen protectors too and tried to put one on when I got home and found it was too small. Some searching found the answer I just told you ^^

So NO, I'm not running a screen protector. I did just order some online though, but its a glass screen and shouldn't be as easily scratchable as the older non-touch devices with plastic screens
    08-17-11 06:24 PM
    Check the size of those "screen protectors"

They are about 3/8" too small.

Those are the saftey/security seal stickers that usually hold the box closed to show its unopened and brand new. However, for some reason bell got theirs as stickers inside the box instead of sealing it shut
    are you joking?
    man that is SFTLOLZ
    08-17-11 06:26 PM
    Im not using a screen protector, Im in love with the screen just the way it is.
    08-17-11 06:42 PM
    I ordered a couple of clear screen protectors from eBay.

I don't like the privacy screen ones (they really dull down the screen). But I usually use a protector. First week I had my iPod touch 4th gen. it already had one or two small scratches on the glass just from being in my pocket... Don't want to take any chances like that with my new Bold.
    08-17-11 06:43 PM
    I'm currently using an anti-glare screen protector, it's the only screen protector that helps keep the smudge's to a minimal and helps protect. The only down side is that it makes the screen look's a little fussy.

Are you using a screen protector? If not, how is the screen holding up so far from your daily usage's?
    I picked up an iShieldz protector (sounds blasphemously close to Invisible Shield isn't it? Welcome to iShieldz.com | iPad | iPhone | iPod Nano | iPod Classic | iPod Video | iPod Touch) as it was readily available at a store in the local mall and since Invisible Shield doesn't have one available yet (last week). It's not too bad... They offer the same replacement warranty/etc.

I think it was about $20 CAD after taxes...
    08-17-11 06:45 PM
    are you joking?
    man that is SFTLOLZ
    Hope you didn't glue one of those "screen protector" stickers on your phone.
    I did

Came off clean though.
    I only had it about half applied up against the screen when I realized it was the wrong size and must not be a screen protector. Then I searched and found the answer
    08-17-11 07:10 PM
    If the glass is the same as the Torch I'm not going to bother. I think it is pretty scratch resistant as long as you're careful.
    08-17-11 07:19 PM
    I'm rocking an anti-glare. Love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 07:44 PM
    No screen protector here, either. I'll probably get a pouch for my 9930, but no case. Looks too darn good!
    08-18-11 06:20 AM
    I always use screen protectors on my devices....just ordered some from Case-Mate, I'm kind of on the fence about putting it on the 9900 because i feel it might take away from the touchscreen.....but i dont want to take any chances because one scratch will totally bother me....lol
    08-18-11 07:07 AM
    I have ordered a screen protector for the 9930. I had a Samsung Fascinate which has gorilla glass and I managed getting a few scratches just from having it sit in my. I am generally very careful with my gadgets and thought that would be durable enough to use without a screen protector. I was wrong and don't wanna make the same with the 9930.
    Does anyone else love the feel of a new phone? nice and smooth, no nicks and no worn texture to the keys? Kinda like the feel of the paint on a new car.
    08-18-11 08:24 AM
    Picked up a 3 pack at vzw store, with a charging pod, both are great, can't even tell the protector is on the phone
    08-18-11 09:00 AM
    They already have the accessories in store? How much was the charging pod if you don't mind me asking?

UPDATE: Disregard ... just looked it up online. $29.99 for the charging pod kit.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 08-18-11 at 10:08 AM.
    08-18-11 09:46 AM
    I had a universal zagg protector that I cut to match the protective plastic that came with the phone. Probably going to get full protection so that I can do battery cover but probably not camera.

Are the ones for verizon covering the speaker also or just the size of the screen. I think it would look weird if it just covered the screen and just stopped below the speaker.
    08-18-11 10:31 AM
    Ahh, dreaded scratches. I am defiantly going to put a screen protecter on because when I got a scratch on my bold I almost cried. I hate how it dulls down the screen but I will shop around to see if I can't find one that doesn't. I currently have one on my playbook and I hate how it makes the screen like that but since I always like keeping everything perfect its getting a screen protecter. However I am usually super careful with my stuff and I don't get many scratches. When ever soemone touches something of mine it somehow always get scratched

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 11:14 AM
    For your value cell phones, it is worth of geting a screen protector.
    To have is better than not to have
    08-19-11 01:38 AM
    I am waiting for my screen protectors and case to come through.

At the moment, I still have the protective sticky crap that's on it from the box.
    08-19-11 02:05 AM
    Zagg ones are out (at least in Canada). A Best Buy in Toronto had a few of them in stock yesterday, and I promptly bought one
    08-19-11 06:28 AM
    I use to all the time but now think they may just be a waste for me.
    08-19-11 06:47 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD