One of the absolute best reasons I love Blackberry is Twitter. I personally don't think you can fully appreciate a Blackberry without experiencing Twitter from the native app that works without flaw and bloated nonsense. Of course, this does not mean you NEED to use Twitter to appreciate your 99 device, but there is one thing Blackberry OS Twitter does and does well.......Trends. And OS7 does Twitter as well as email.

Other that using Twitter for essentials like the bulk of my news, or locally getting Tweet notifs from my city's feed about road closures during summer months for repairs (in Canada we have a short time to fix the roads before winter hits again, this can cause massive delays and inconvience) and now about TRENDS. I like to know what's happening and if you have friends in all corners of the globe it's is essential to be able to Change Location and simply see what is happening. This is crucial say......during a political election or just wanting to know when the new Tesla is coming out, etc.

As far as I have ever experienced I was never able to select locations on iOS. As much as I love iOS, Twitter is not as productive or selective. Sure the new "Moments" are cool, fun, interesting but I like control. If location is selectable in iOS, it doesn't seem clearly presented. iOS is supposed to be about "simplicity" but that is not always the case.

Anyone who claims you can ONLY do "bare essentials" on OS7 or a Legacy device is simply wrong. Twitter (as an example) is very fast, no complaints. And Twitter is a memory-load heavy app with tons of pics and videos that have to load, massive news feeds constantly loading and updating, etc.

There are no dreaded Android pop up boxes and no lack of iOS customization.....

The 9900 just bucks up and takes the punches, it just works.

Anyway just some thoughts.For You Twitter Aficionados-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467010523.284931.jpgFor You Twitter Aficionados-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467010536.265811.jpgFor You Twitter Aficionados-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467010547.515713.jpgFor You Twitter Aficionados-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467010559.331455.jpg
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 06-27-16 at 03:50 AM.
    Alex Alex likes this.
    06-27-16 01:59 AM
    Glad you are happy with your Twitter machine. As an aside, I have an Android and i use Twitter all the time and never have any pop-up issues. SO don't know why you are slamming it. I can get all the trending news in many categories, news, sports, entertainments, election, fun etc.

We all enjoy what we are used to. I had a 9930 a long time ago and loved it. But it became time for me to move on to experience different apps and be more productive on my phone. I now do not travel with a laptop.

Enjoy your phone.
    06-27-16 06:40 AM
    I love the twitter for blackberry since i downloaded the 5 version, it really is an improvement, If you want the long timelines like on the ios twitter app then you could use Ubersocial but since i updated i've actually been using twitter for blackberry. It's 100000 times better than the BB10 twitter for blackberry which would make my Q10 overheat even if just opened it up to reply to a DM. I'm so happy that Twitter is still supporting BBOS, i wish other apps were still supportive especially if more people are going back to the OS7 devices

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-27-16 08:32 AM
    I'm so happy that Twitter is still supporting BBOS, i wish other apps were still supportive especially if more people are going back to the OS7 devices

Apps like Twitter and Facebook have been developed by BlackBerry. Not by Twitter or Facebook company. So in this case, we should thank BB.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    06-27-16 09:38 AM
    Glad you are happy with your Twitter machine. As an aside, I have an Android and i use Twitter all the time and never have any pop-up issues. SO don't know why you are slamming it.
    It's an "everything" machine, not a "twitter machine" Slam? My buddy with a Google Nexus gets popup boxes when he tries to use apps so bad that he asked me to take a look, I couldn't clear the boxes either and that was when I was happy to have my Twitter Machine. You might notice that I also pointed out ios's lack of customization, and I love ios. The points I made are valid for these platforms. Enjoy your Android Machine.

06-27-16 09:52 AM
    I love the twitter for blackberry since i downloaded the 5 version, it really is an improvement, If you want the long timelines like on the ios twitter app then you could use Ubersocial but since i updated i've actually been using twitter for blackberry. It's 100000 times better than the BB10 twitter for blackberry which would make my Q10 overheat even if just opened it up to reply to a DM. I'm so happy that Twitter is still supporting BBOS, i wish other apps were still supportive especially if more people are going back to the OS7 devices

I never tried Ubersocial, I think I might have on my iphone, not sure. I remember the Latest native Twitter update a few months ago on the 99 and I like that physically it changed nothing in appearance within the app. I think it might have been more of a security update?

I used to get minor issue with Twitter jamming up after a lengthy session but not lately.

06-27-16 10:14 AM
    Apps like Twitter and Facebook have been developed by BlackBerry. Not by Twitter or Facebook company. So in this case, we should thank BB.
    Thank you Blackberry I love that they are integrated into the device and that Facebook still works great (assuming we don't do that last FB update that was a sham)

06-27-16 10:17 AM
    I never tried Ubersocial, I think I might have on my iphone, not sure. I remember the Latest native Twitter update a few months ago on the 99 and I like that physically it changed nothing in appearance within the app. I think it might have been more of a security update?

I used to get minor issue with Twitter jamming up after a lengthy session but not lately.

There was probably subtle changes but i updated from a version 3 to version 5 and noticed a huge difference, all good differences too, it runs much smoother and always gives me updates on replies, favorites or DMs.

07-01-16 04:20 AM