08-23-11 03:33 PM
100 1234
tools
    I'll be keeping my 9930. A great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:30 PM
    I reallly think this is the best yet. Build quality is way up there and appears that very few negative incidence reports are being vented here in this forum which tends to substantiate the quality.
    08-21-11 11:34 PM
    I was using Google sync, which will only allow me to sync one way. In other words, events I add on blackberry don't appear in Google calander. I Just uninstalled Google sync and set up my gmail account to sync contacts and calendar. Hopefully this works, I've entered a few test events each way. So far no luck but it might not me a very quick sync for all I know. Part of the problem is I just need to walk away from it for a while.

Otherwise I love this device.

08-21-11 11:35 PM
    This sexy beast is a keeper in my books. The keyboard has me actually replying to people instead of just saying 'cool' to end the convo.
    08-21-11 11:50 PM
    I have had 5 blackberrys for the last 5 years. This one is by far the best. Internet still to slow. I think that is more verizon than the phone. This Phone is a keeper.
    08-22-11 12:07 AM
    I've only had my 9930 for 3 days and I'm already feeling more connected than the time I used my iP4 as my primary device.

I've been in more contact with friends on BBM and Google Talk, which is important to me. The amazing keyboard allows me to reply to texts quickly and I can communicate more efficiently throughout the day.

I love my BlackBerry!
    08-22-11 12:59 AM
    Definitely keeping mine (9930)...wasnt too sure at first cause of the battery life, but updated to a leaked .340 and lovin it now!
    08-22-11 01:55 AM
    You have yet to state what is old about the tech? Not sure what email issue you had either, BB is an amazing email platform always has been even on the old slow phones.
    I've had plenty of challenges with GMail accounts. We're using Google Apps for work and getting it to sync with a BB in the past has been a challenge. Is this working any better in OS7?

Lack of apps will be solved, BBOS7 is new the devs will be getting on this no doubt especially with the social networking platform.
    What worries me here is I heard the same thing (and bought into it, only to regret it) with my PlayBook. Amazon has yet to deliver a native Kindle app. Until the OS7 devices reach critical mass - assuming they do - why would the developers flock to it?
    If you wanted a large screen and knew this to start with why did you not get the 9810(my current phone) or wait for the 9850/60? You prefer the iphone and that is great, but do you realize you are now holding generally older tech than the 9800?

CS
    While I agree that you know what you're getting from a real-estate perspective, in fairness it's tough to know how well someone will adjust to a device until they use it for a while.

I've been off BB for a few months (currently using a Moto Atrix) and I'm torn bout returning. There are things about the BB platform that I sorely miss, but other things I love about Android.

I'm not sure about screen size on the 99x0. I spent an hour at the Sprint store on Sunday playing with a 9930. While the display is fantastic and the resolution is very high given the screen size, it feels very constricted from a browser perspective. It didn't feel like 'double tapping' to zoom in the web page handled resizing everything as well as the Android platform does.

On the other hand the keyboard is just fantastic and I was quite tempted just by that alone. BB for me has always been a great business tool and PDA, but my phone now is a combination business tool, PDA, mobile internet device, GPS, and media consumption device - specifically Podcasts and Music (I never watch a movie on a phone). I'm just not sure if the new Bold can fully fit those roles.
    08-22-11 05:49 AM
    Keeping it for sure! You would need to pry it from my cold dead hands..!! Loving it!
    08-22-11 07:15 AM
    I think most people understand that OS7 wasn't going to be revolutionary. OS7 was designed to be an upgrade to 'hold over' until QNX devices were launched. If the expectations were too high and people were disappointed, they have the right to return the phone, but what else would you use? You can switch platforms and go with Android or iOS, but honestly, OS7 is the best BlackBerry has to offer for probably at least a year. You're probably best to hang onto the 99XX until RIM comes out with something better. At least, in my opinion.
    08-22-11 07:56 AM
    I'm definitely keeping my 9900! I think it is amazing. 9900 for great communication and iPad for great entertainment...best of both worlds
    soogriff likes this.
    08-22-11 08:12 AM
    I was going to return it...not because I didn't like it but because I purchased it behind my wife's back. Fortunately, I was able to talked to her out of it
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-22-11 08:17 AM
    I was going to return it...not because I didn't like it but because I purchased it behind my wife's back. Fortunately, I was able to talked to her out of it
    Yeah, my wife wasn't happy when I told her I wanted to order the 9930, but I asked her to trust me and she did. She got over it pretty quick when she saw how much someone paid for my iPhone 4. It's not an issue anymore. She knew I missed Blackberry. It was the money that we had to agree on.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-22-11 08:37 AM
    Keeping it without a doubt!
    08-22-11 08:58 AM
    Definitely keeping. I love this phone! While it dies still have a few small kinks to be worked out overall it is awesome!!
    08-22-11 09:32 AM
    Depends if my gf ends up upgrading her 8900 in oct for a bberry or an iphone. If iphone i'll go back to my i4.
    08-22-11 09:34 AM
    There is zero chance of me returning this bad boy!! The PB + 9930 combo can't be beat.
    08-22-11 09:40 AM
    Just wondering who is returning their BB 9930? And why? I am really considering returning this device and waiting. I love the form and some of the added benefits to the device but still feels like I bought old technology for a pretty penny. Whats your thoughts?
    Buyer's remorse. You should have done your research. Please seek therapy elsewhere or just return the thing.

Buyer's remorse - AskMen
    CanuckSoldier likes this.
    08-22-11 10:09 AM
    keeping it! really love this device.
    08-22-11 11:35 AM
    I feel as opposite about this as one possibly could. I love the "thiness". Though it could be less thin and not bother me. Gotta say though it is sharp looking.

Battery is insane. I am able to go a full day and still have 70%. That is ridiculous, as the guy at BGR had said.

Really loving the pairing of the physical qwerty with touch -- I basically never use the trackpad (though glad to have it for copy/paste especially).

Very fast. Great screen. Zero issues operationally. Wikitude is a lot of fun. 3G is plenty of bandwidth for this device imo.

If I had to say one negative thing, it would be that the camera is disappointing (for certain purposes), as had been discussed to death on CB. Very useable though, and fast.
    I like mine but cant download from blackberry app world, not sure what the problem could be.
    08-22-11 11:44 AM
    Oh I am definitely keeping it! No doubt! I have waited a long time for this phone-it is the BEST phone I've had thus far! Love it!
    08-22-11 11:48 AM
    keeping.
    10char
    08-22-11 11:57 AM
    Yeah, my wife wasn't happy when I told her I wanted to order the 9930, but I asked her to trust me and she did. She got over it pretty quick when she saw how much someone paid for my iPhone 4. It's not an issue anymore. She knew I missed Blackberry. It was the money that we had to agree on.
    awesome wife lol
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-22-11 12:13 PM
    I think the OP had a issue of confused expectations. The new 9900/9930 is not an iPhone with a physical keyboard. You either want tons of apps with a satisfactory communication/work/productivity device or you want a exceptional communication/work/productivity device with not a lot of apps. You cannot truly have both, at the moment.

I think you know now what you want so congrats on that and all the best.
    Last edited by Houshinto; 08-22-11 at 12:38 PM. Reason: adding a thought
    08-22-11 12:38 PM
    By far the best phone on the market... And I've had a lot of them. S1, S2, D2G, Droid X, and now the 9930. Yes the droids have a lot of capabilities, but they do them half-assed. Blackberries perform tasks the way they should be done (email, calendar, customization, sound profile, etc.)

This phone is great, but I need a full touch screen device. That's my only complaint... A mere personal preference

08-22-11 01:32 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD