Just wondering who is returning their BB 9930? And why? I am really considering returning this device and waiting. I love the form and some of the added benefits to the device but still feels like I bought old technology for a pretty penny. Whats your thoughts?
    08-21-11 10:38 AM
    I think most of us knew what we were getting when we purchased it. There are many things on my Thunderbolt that I miss already, but the benefits I get from my Berry offset it.
    08-21-11 11:02 AM
    What exactly is old technology? 3G? No WiFi hotspot? No dual core processors? Are these the things that you feel you are missing out on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:05 AM
    I`m going to keep it for sure! I`ve only had 1 other smart phone and that was a Curve 8530 so you can guess this is a huge improvement for me so far.
    08-21-11 11:05 AM
    I came from the droid incredible and I am still on the fence. I miss a lot that Android had to offer but the bold offers different things I like. For one the ability to change the font size is a biggie for me. The other is the size and feel of the bold on my hand it fits like a glove. I just hope some of the apps get updated soon. For today its a keeper we will see what tomorrow brings.

zeteo likes this.
    08-21-11 11:12 AM
    ESN i am in the same boat you are. I want to keep but there are certain things I miss on my iph4.. I agree with size and fit, its great. I got mine off contract and with a lack of certain areas I am back and forth.
    08-21-11 11:17 AM
    Keep. As long as I get my reliable email, and phone capability, Blackberry is it.
    08-21-11 11:20 AM
    I'm keeping it, was a pretty good upgrade from my 9700 series. However, yes...I could understand why some people might return, honestly its not an earth shattering upgrade in terms of what phones are out there now, but it is the best blackberry I've ever used, and could be a sign of great things to come from RIM. I do however think they should have deff put an auto focus camera on board, not including that is a giant step back wards for those that take pics with they're phone. Its not a deal breaker for me, as this is mainly a business line and I can always snap pics with my Droid Charge. And yes a better price point would have deff made more people flock to grab one...$249/$300 is a little over board IMO..I paid $199 for my 9930, I feel that's a pretty decent price for a pretty good phone. Which is what it is at the end of the day, a phone! And this thing is clear as bell and very loud when it comes to making calls...which after all, is pretty important. I'm a happy camper, deff a keeper for me!!!

08-21-11 11:24 AM
    ESN i am in the same boat you are. I want to keep but there are certain things I miss on my iph4.. I agree with size and fit, its great. I got mine off contract and with a lack of certain areas I am back and forth.
    I also had several issues with mine it took rim support over 4 hours to reload the software in my device. It works great now but I need to be sure the apps I use the most will be available. The form factor of this device is what's keeping me wanting to keep it. I never liked a phyical keyboard until I tried the 9930 and wow its great!

08-21-11 11:25 AM
    Keeping. Even though I have reservation over a few shortcomings, however the overall performance of this device entices meenough to keep it.

08-21-11 11:27 AM
    Isn't there an adjustment period for any new phone you purchase? If I went to a Droid for example, I'd feel the same way.
    08-21-11 11:28 AM
    I came from the droid incredible and I am still on the fence. I miss a lot that Android had to offer but the bold offers different things I like. For one the ability to change the font size is a biggie for me. The other is the size and feel of the bold on my hand it fits like a glove. I just hope some of the apps get updated soon. For today its a keeper we will see what tomorrow brings.

The only difference for me, I have an iPhone 4. I am unsure right now.
    08-21-11 11:29 AM
    Isn't there an adjustment period for any new phone you purchase? If I went to a Droid for example, I'd feel the same way.
    There is but I had bb before I got my droid and I am comparing it to how my old bb's were. My droid is wortless in direct sunlight but this phone is 100% better. Its kinda a tough decision in that you sign a two year contract to get the discount and you hope the device turns out ok.

08-21-11 11:40 AM
    This baby is a Keeper in all regards!
    08-21-11 11:43 AM
    Keeping it fo' sure!

08-21-11 11:46 AM
    Just wondering who is returning their BB 9930? And why? I am really considering returning this device and waiting. I love the form and some of the added benefits to the device but still feels like I bought old technology for a pretty penny. Whats your thoughts?
    You still have not told us what you find lacking with the new device, specifics would help a lot.

I owned the 9000 and the 9700, and I'm pleased to say that I'm loving the 9900. Feels like RIM have stepped up.
    08-21-11 11:59 AM
    I'm keeping mine.

It's very different to the likes of the iPhone 4 and Galaxy S II, but it's pretty excellent in its own way.

If playing games is your thing, then no, you probably shouldn't get one.
    08-21-11 12:03 PM
    I love the form and some of the added benefits to the device but still feels like I bought old technology for a pretty penny. Whats your thoughts?
    I feel as opposite about this as one possibly could. I love the "thiness". Though it could be less thin and not bother me. Gotta say though it is sharp looking.

Battery is insane. I am able to go a full day and still have 70%. That is ridiculous, as the guy at BGR had said.

Really loving the pairing of the physical qwerty with touch -- I basically never use the trackpad (though glad to have it for copy/paste especially).

Very fast. Great screen. Zero issues operationally. Wikitude is a lot of fun. 3G is plenty of bandwidth for this device imo.

If I had to say one negative thing, it would be that the camera is disappointing (for certain purposes), as had been discussed to death on CB. Very useable though, and fast.
    Last edited by southlander; 08-21-11 at 12:12 PM.
    08-21-11 12:06 PM
    9900 here and definitely keeping this bad boy
    08-21-11 12:08 PM
    Keeping it.
    I tried to move from my 9630 to a DroidX a couple of months ago, it was a painful experience. On the phone with Mot and Verizon for 8 hours, never could get more than one email account to work at a time.
    Ditched it for my 9630 back (they couldn't believe it at the store) and they charged me $55 to return it and activate my 9630 (bloodsuckers).
    The 9930 fits me just fine. Not perfect, but really good.
    David
    08-21-11 01:05 PM
    Not only keeping it but I already got two of my friends to ditch their droids just to get one. I almost lost a friend when I asked for my bold touch back. It's by far the best blackberry I have ever used. I use it so much now that I only get on my Macbook Pro to do homework only, everything else is done on my 9930. I have even been watching the battery life on it and it's lasted from 6 AM to 10 PM with some pretty heavy use. I'm talking beweather, wikitude, internet, phone calls and messages. I'm so impressed with the design that the camera doesn't even matter to me. It's going to take a lot for me to upgrade from this device. If this is the road that RIM is taking then RIM is back on track for sure.
    08-21-11 01:38 PM
    I left the mortorla droid x and love my new bb. Its worth the keyboard. I love the keyboard!

08-21-11 01:43 PM
    I've had 4 Android phones (nexus 1 & S, incredible 1 & 2), rooted and custom roms. Those phones are quite capable, but I don't watch videos, play games, or vpn into my servers with my phone, instead I use my tablet or laptop. What I have missed for nearly 2 years is the way the Blackberry handles phone calls, email, and messaging. I tried yesterday to discuss it with some of the members at my Linux users group but there was no connection. Even if the browser was like the past versions I'd still choose the Blackberry. Now with the touch screen combined with the track pad, and the keyboard/shortcuts I can fine tune how I interact with device depending on the task. With a mature software and high quality hardware, the Blackberry, as a personal communication device, is my preference.
    08-21-11 02:18 PM
    why on earth would i return it!? best and most advance phone ive ever owned/used.
    everyone has their niggles with devices, but honestly im struggling to find any with my 9900.
    it may lack features for some people, but for me its a cracking phone! and i hope things will only get better
    08-21-11 02:27 PM
    I'm going to be returning it after Samsung's event on the 29th. Lack of apps is the biggest killer for me.
    08-21-11 02:27 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD