I will first start out by saying this site has been a great wealth of information for me in My early berry days and I've always been the first guy to stick up for blackberries in general and that I'd never go iOS.

Now I sit here 8 blackberries later with my 9900 thinking what the **** has really changed since my first one? minus a few memory upgrades a web browser that seems like it would have been good 4 yrs ago. Trackpad and a few other upgrades I'm yet again disappointed as I sit here and watch everyone else fly by innovating and changing the game.

When I bought the 9900 I thought it was gong to be more advanced from the 9700 and soon as I fired it up I new it wasn't anymore greater. RIM stop wasting your time putting out mediocre ****, innovate like you did with bbm. do something, you are sinking...FAST

I don't want to keep going on ranting and raving but to who ever reads this and continues supporting rim great, I'd love to see them hit a home run in the near future as well... I just sadly don't think it's going to ever happen.

Rip RIM

I'm out - and if anyone wants a slightly used 9900 PM me its all yours
    11-22-11 11:50 PM
    In 2009 I said RIM would be the Palm of 2012.

Here it comes.
    11-22-11 11:54 PM
    The OP has a valid point. The 9900 is a very nice phone, but doesn't seem to do much more than my 9700. There are improvements, but I can't think of anything the 9900 does that my 9700 couldn't... I was just thinking that I was just as productive on my old 8310( I loved that phone) as the 9700.
    11-23-11 12:13 AM
    Ummm I'm sure your aware of bbx phones coming out. If the 9900 wasn't any different then the 8 other bb you had, why did you buy a 9900 when you know bbx phones will be coming out next year?

Btw, you never mentioned what kind of innovation you were looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 12:45 AM
    Okay, minus apps, what is there that the 9900 can't do and that any other phone in existance can do? They do pretty much the same thing at the same level, but you get premium communication functions with BB. And can yoy really say that the keyboard, browser and HD video recording aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the 9700?

11-23-11 12:48 AM
    Okay, minus apps, what is there that the 9900 can't do and that any other phone in existance can do? They do pretty much the same thing at the same level, but you get premium communication functions with BB. And can yoy really say that the keyboard, browser and HD video recording aren't leaps and bounds ahead of the 9700?

My assessment was based purely on my productivity. I do agree that the keyboard is nicer and the browser is much improved, but if that's the bases of your argument,you have missed the OP's point.
    11-23-11 01:03 AM
    If we had the same application list that is available to iPhone users, I don't think we would be having the same discussion. i don't think the Blackberry hardware is bad - we just don't have the quality or quantity of applications, which make or break people's experience.

I still don't get why some applications havent made it to the platform yet - skype, etc
    11-23-11 02:16 AM
    Btw, you never mentioned what kind of innovation you were looking for.

Come on, now. You know that's an unfair question to pose to the peanut galleries of the web. People only know how to say it's the worst. thing. ever. They're expert complainers who can't be bothered with making suggestions because it's not their job. RIM gets paid to execute, and we just need to be impressed.

The logic is, essentially, "I'm not sure what else I want from my devices, but something needs to WOW! me."
    Last edited by Amen; 11-23-11 at 10:33 AM.
    11-23-11 02:19 AM
    Front facing camera
    Mobile Hotspot
    No random bricking/nuking

...would be a good start. I used to want flash, but I have a laptop for that now.
    11-23-11 02:42 AM
    Quite interesting, you could have tried the phone at the store, reviews are all over the forum, you may have chosen other device than Bold 9900, now you have chosen Bold 9900 and you comparing. That's odd.

The reason i upgrade Bold 9780 to 9900 is the thickness and size of screen and the keypad. I'm more comfortable with the keypad.

Btw, what have changed from the iPhone 2G up to iPhone 4S? One home button from first device, camera, processor upgrade and some modification of the housing, just like BB devices. Just sayin.
    morrsn and joju58 like this.
    11-23-11 03:03 AM
    I'm reading this thread at a low point in my relationship with RIM, but it's not because of things like the platform not keeping up with Android and iOS. I've traded in one 9930 due to the bricking issue and I'm pretty unhappy about it. This problem notwithstanding, if I wanted the features in iOS I would have bought an iP4S - it was a decision point and I chose against it. I expected to be overwhelmed and I was underwhelmed. So I came home empty handed.
    See, I don't buy a device expecting it to be another. I look for the features I want and I buy the device that has them. I've got Skype on my 9930 and I've yet to use it. Would I use it if it had a front facing camera? Possibly. Would I want to use that much data and risk going over? Probably not regularly.
    There is an enormous difference between my early days with BB and today's 9930. Not sure what the OP's "early days" are, but my personal "early days" were with an 8310. It is ludicrous to attempt to say that there are no advancements between that little Curve and today's 9930.
    Am I ticked off at RIM today? Yes, very much so, due to this flawed OS that has phones randomly nuking and bricking themselves everywhere. Would I say that they have not moved forward between my little burgundy 8310? That is ridiculous. Are they at the same level as Android and iOS? Nope. Do I care? Nope. I prefer it to those devices.
    Yes, I've tried iOS. Yes, I own an Atrix. Yes, my go-to device is my BB. Because I educated myself before I bought and I bought the device after deciding whether what it offered was what I valued.
    11-23-11 03:32 AM
    Btw, what have changed from the iPhone 2G up to iPhone 4S? One home button from first device, camera, processor upgrade and some modification of the housing, just like BB devices. Just sayin.
    Are you kidding???? Just look at them and you can see the huge changes
    cmillette, omi10468, JBoen and 5 others like this.
    11-23-11 07:44 AM
    Wow, I should've kept my 9700, I didn't know it already had a beautiful large touch screen, HD video recording, accelerometer, compass, NFC etc etc, it must've had them since nothing has changed right?

11-23-11 08:14 AM
    I do some research before buying my phone so I know what it can do or can't, and yeah there isn't innovate thing on bold 9900 but it got some improvement Except auto focus camera ,its simple if you don't like it just trade for the phone that make you happy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-23-11 08:25 AM
    Feel ya OP, this is my 5th berry, and i'm kicking myself.
    11-23-11 08:31 AM
    Wow, I should've kept my 9700, I didn't know it already had a beautiful large touch screen, HD video recording, accelerometer, compass, NFC etc etc, it must've had them since nothing has changed right?

The updates are nice, but wouldn't it make more sense to get away from the RIM servers and deliver a 21st century web/email experience? Apps are for children and the underemployed.
    11-23-11 08:31 AM
    The updates are nice, but wouldn't it make more sense to get away from the RIM servers and deliver a 21st century web/email experience? Apps are for children and the underemployed.
    No, the servers give you security, push and data compression.

11-23-11 08:34 AM
    Apps fill various needs. While the vast majority of them are quite useless, and I am not including games and such. There are some excellent apps out there, for all platforms.

What do you mean get away from RIM servers?
    11-23-11 08:37 AM
    If the assessment is based purely on productivity, where is the complaint with the 9900 or any othe blackberry? Other platforms and phones are fun toys but when it comes down to communications and productivity, who does that better than blackberry? If it aint broke don't fix it. Blackberry is declining in the US but growing in Asia and Europe. We Americans are usually late to the technology dance anyway. I need to communicate with my phone first and foremost. If I want games or videos or music - I have an ipad for that. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth (probably less than 2 cents).

11-23-11 08:38 AM
    ...and crappy browsing, truncated emails, silly RDM... For some security features are useful. They are not successful in the 1st world mass market. I love my BB. Push email is a hoot. But there is probably a very simple way to skirt the RIM servers when you don't need to play secret agent, and corporate ego is preventing it. Just my theory.
    11-23-11 08:41 AM
    ...and crappy browsing, truncated emails, silly RDM... For some security features are useful. They are not successful in the 1st world mass market. I love my BB. Push email is a hoot. But there is probably a very simple way to skirt the RIM servers when you don't need to play secret agent, and corporate ego is preventing it. Just my theory.
    Yeah, who needs all that security...that's for stupid people right???
    npunk42 likes this.
    11-23-11 08:48 AM
    post count = 5... next...

at a family gathering yesterday my cousin had an ip4s.. first time i held it since it came out..

my other cousin had an ip4...

LOOKS identical!

UI... identical...

buttons identical

icons... identical

settings.. identical

apps... identical

feels identical...

and i REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like how the settings for apps appear in the settings icon.. that list can get QUITE long!!

but i will give it that the ip4s did kick my 9900 in the *** when browsing.. when i say kick in the *** i mean about 5 seconds behind, which sadly these days kicking ***..

i got bored of the ip4s in under 5mins, that's even with teasing Siri and got tired of it saying "cannot find location in Canada"...

every time i get a new BB it's a "oh man that looks better in person and looks much better then my previous BB"

but again... i say..... eventually no one will be able to say this is better then that.. it'll be about personal preference!

and until physical keyboards are no longer available.. i can still say i can type faster without looking then any touchscreen keyboard...
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 11-23-11 at 08:52 AM.
    joju58 likes this.
    11-23-11 08:48 AM
    totally agree with everyone
    for works and information i prefer bb

apple is more to entertainment, the display and video and of course music is great and the battery life is great for this features which bb doesn't
    i have ipad but my kids are fighting for it daily.. lol

so it's back to ourself
    what do you need your device for

i believe all device have their own special features which they sells..
    there will be no ending if we were to compare one to another.

so to me bb rocks
    11-23-11 08:58 AM
    post count = 5... next...
    +1....but even a high post count isn't always a good indicator....posting screen shots and opinions and other nonsense in the News and Rumors forum is an easy way to pad the count.
    11-23-11 08:59 AM
    Some of you folks treat owning a smart phone as a competitive event. Isn't it well enough that you can browse when you want to, get the info you're looking for? Do you really have to be sure that everyone using a different phone is 5 seconds behind you? Nobody is going to use all the apps available to a specific phone, any phone, so why is important to point to some roster of apps you're not interested in? In the end the best phone is the one you use best. All the other stuff is posing, status seeking, pretense. I've mentioned this in a number of other posts, my son works for Google, he is given Android phones from time to time, which he uses. His wife is happy with her Blackberry 9650, she could have any Android phone that he passes down. She is happy. With her Blackberry.
    Now is it really important to tell her all the doom and gloom surrounding RIM. Maybe, probably not. Get the phone you like, be happy with your phone and whatever station in life it takes you to.
    11-23-11 09:05 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD