So today my battery life was around 30% but not red. Then a little later it showed it needed a charge. Okay fine, but why did my network shut off and show searching then SOS. After i plugged it in and took the battery out put it back in, it was still acting this way. After about 1hr on the charger and 4 battery pulls later i have a connection. is this a bug? I was already really likeing this device but was still close to returning, this might be where I draw the line.
    08-25-11 08:45 PM
    I saw people on Twitter saying Verizon was having data issues today.
    You can't blame RIM for carrier data problems.

Also, RIMM is the stock, RIM is the company.
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-25-11 08:51 PM
    after the battery goes below i think 5% (could be lower) the radio shuts off. I then would assume after the battery pulls and multiple restarts, it would take some juice to get the battery charged up. This seems normal, esp after 4 battery pulls.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    08-25-11 08:52 PM
    after the battery goes below i think 5% (could be lower) the radio shuts off. I then would assume after the battery pulls and multiple restarts, it would take some juice to get the battery charged up. This seems normal, esp after 4 battery pulls.
    Good point, if the battery was that low it would definitely cause that problem as well.
    08-25-11 08:54 PM
    I have heard that you cant make calls under 30% only emergency. Dont know for sure. And regardless if verizon was having issues just doesnt really cut it for me.
    08-25-11 08:54 PM
    The radio is designed to shut off when the battery gets about ten percent. Once its charging, you've got to allow time for the battery to pull back up. You shouldn't have to do a battery pull. But you can check the radio connection under Manage Connections.
    08-25-11 08:56 PM
    Yup did so. I unconnected reconected tried it all. We will see my 14th day is coming soon
    08-25-11 08:57 PM
    Yup did so. I unconnected reconected tried it all. We will see my 14th day is coming soon
    You only get a 14 day return policy with Verizon?
    08-25-11 09:07 PM
    I made mine up after 24 hours. I thought I would give RIM one more chance. FAIL! I just don't understand why some become so personally insulted if any one exposes RIM's reality! Stick a fork in it, it's done!
    08-25-11 09:18 PM
    Verizon was probably having tower issues in your area. If the phone is constantly searching for a signal it drains your battery faster than anything else.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    08-25-11 09:18 PM
    Well by "trying it all" you just delayed the charging. Battery pulls deplete the battery further, and you indicated you did 5 in the course of an hour. Also, how were you charging? Plugged into the wall, computer, car charger..?
    08-25-11 09:20 PM
    I have heard that you cant make calls under 30% only emergency. Dont know for sure. And regardless if verizon was having issues just doesnt really cut it for me.
    Not true. As Eric already mentioned, its around or below 5%.

If Verizon is having issues, how is that a problem for the phone? I don't understand you logic there. Not to mention pulling the battery 5 times will drain your battery about 50%, roughly 10% per pull.

WTF noodle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 09:58 PM
    I don't understand why people think they need to pull their battery still. You only need to pull your battery if your phone freezes for whatever reason or is lagging due to not enough memory (people who call this memory leak need a slap).

If theres no signal its because either a network issue or your battery is below 5%. Battery pulling isn't going to help either of these cases.

thewird
    Last edited by thewird; 08-25-11 at 10:12 PM.
    08-25-11 10:10 PM
    Battery Pulls to repair a discharged battery? That's a new one.

dmusicman385 likes this.
    08-25-11 10:14 PM
    Okay 1 I never said 10% per pull. I love the device but it was acting like there were bugs. I cannot have a device that will go from SOS to 3G back and forth for an hour. Rim is supposed to be a solid work horse. Today is the only day so far I have had issues but for full price I don't if I can keep it. Keyboard is great, touch screen is cool but not super accurate, battery has been fine thus far, browser okay but it seems like BB platform has no support out there. My big thing it this devives form I know this is a BB site but if you could add BBM a notification light and direct push email to iphone yall would have jumped. JS

08-25-11 10:42 PM
    it is not the devices or RIM's fault about your faulty signal, it is your carrier
    08-25-11 10:57 PM
    Why would the radio shut off when the battery is low. That is the dumbest thing ever. I dont think RIM should decide when to end my connectivity, thats my decision on my device. I THINK I should be able to talk until there is no power left....STUPID!
    08-25-11 11:03 PM
    Because below 5%, the radio doesn't have enough power to sustain a call. Would you rather have it shut off seconds after you try to make a call or still be able to access your contacts/calender/memo's/sms's on the remaining battery. The point is the battery is dead at that point but the phone can still be used with limited functions if you really need data from it. It's also a good failsafe so you don't kill your battery by deep discharging it and then say the phone sucks cause you wanted to be able to run it until it dies.

thewird
    08-25-11 11:10 PM
    I know this is a BB site but if you could add BBM a notification light and direct push email to iphone yall would have jumped. JS
    Nope, I sure wouldn't.

Anyhow, if it's not the phone for you, just return it. No one is going to argue with you over your choice. But when you come in the forums and complain, of course people are going to try to help you and offer advice.

Again, it all boils down to what device fits you better. If you don't like your BlackBerry, then return it while you can and find something that suites you better.
    08-25-11 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD