is the 9930 just the ugly, red-headed stepchild! I mean. really! I've been on this site everyday and regardless of VZW's measly .374 a short time ago, the 9900 has had MULTIPLE UPDATES addressing battery power and so on. I think its total BS that NOBODY can spend the time to fix up the 9930 a little bit? Don't forget RIM/VZW, we are BB users also. Not the trash! Give us 9930's something above this .374 build (which I'm definitely not satisfied with). I'm glad the 9900 users are being shown that someone cares and I realize that there are more 9900's than 9930's sold but enough is enough. Neither my 9930 nor my service plan were or are free so I feel as if I (WE) should be treated at least somewhat equally in the aspect of OS updates. C'mon RIM, fix this PLEASE!
    11-17-11 01:06 PM
    CDMA has always been inheriantly slower to update. Nothing new, and not much you can really do about it. Such is life on a dying technology. Also, it's not RIM -- it's VZW, there has been internal builds issued, Verizon just hasn't approved them. Your issue, is with VZW.
    11-17-11 01:18 PM
    Ok, thanks for the explanation. Then I have to say WTF VZW!! Been a customer of yours for over 10 years and this is the kind of service you provide your customers? For my next Blackberry, I just may have to go with a different carrier.....Bla1ze: Isn't it all of the 9930 carriers with this issue? If another vendor sent our an update, I'd be able to change by deleting the vendor files so it can't just be VZW. None of them are providing any updates to the 9930, unlike the 9900, correct?
    11-17-11 01:28 PM
    AFAIK, there are no carriers outside of the US that sell the 9930. I checked on RIM's sites in China and India, and no carriers offer that device, even though there are CDMA carriers in China and India.

Therefore, the market for the 9930 is much smaller than that for the 9900.
    11-17-11 01:33 PM
    Time to switch to AT&T talk and surf on the playbook at the same time is awesome
    11-17-11 01:38 PM
    Stop starting multiple threads on the same subject it's annoying. Nothing has changed in the past 3 days since you ask the same question. Plus there was another thread started on the same darn subject today...sheesh.
    chasvs likes this.
    11-17-11 01:51 PM
    WTF? What does the 9900 do that the 9930 doesn't with the current VZW build? There isn't a need for an update unless something needs to be fixed or improved. As far as I'm concerned, the 9930 is working perfectly so why the whine for updates?
    otacon#AC likes this.
    11-17-11 01:54 PM
    11-17-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD