This whole time I thought that the sound on the trackpad when you are selecting apps or scrolling down on an email was intentional. Now I am hearing that it is supposed to be completely silent? Phone only 7 days old but I guess I should get it replaced?
    10-29-11 02:28 PM
    Yes, definitely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 04:31 PM
    I actually got it fixed. The store told me to type trackpad and then change the audible roll setting to off. TOTALLY fixed the issue
    10-29-11 05:47 PM
    Mine did the same thing, but it went away after a week. I read it would stop but I wasn't sure and thought I might have to take it back.
    10-29-11 11:07 PM
    OP so the audible roll was the issue
    i thought it was the normal squeaky trackpad in which you have to get a new phone
    10-29-11 11:40 PM
    Mine's gone with a little use. Seems fine now.
    10-30-11 12:01 AM
    Mine squeaked a bit when it was brand new. After I put some miles on it to break it in, it stopped squeaking completely.
    10-30-11 01:28 AM
    Mine had a squeak too. I never even noticed it until I saw other people complaining about it. Never even crossed my mind to have it replaced, as it works perfectly. The squeak is now gone.
    Anyhow, looks like OP didn't have a squeak after all.. it was the settings. Funny how people will immediately tell you to get it replaced, when it's not even an issue.
    10-30-11 01:49 AM
    Yeah. It's hard clarifying the 'squeak.' I met the one that was the 'audible roll' when going through apps or scrolling on an email, but I think everyone I told thought I was referring to the physical sound of the trackpad.

Anyway, the audible roll on the trackpad is a VERY good tip and one that I would recommend to all
    10-30-11 02:15 AM
    I actually like the squeek! You cant beat a bad *** BlackBerry with a little squeek to it lol.

But really Im so amazed at the quality of this phone. It doesnt feel cheap at all. And the entire body doesnt squeek in anyway compared to all the other plastic BlackBerrys.
    10-30-11 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD