is MUCHHHHHHH better than I was expecting! This place makes it seem like its the worst battery life in any phone ever! That's what you get though with any forum though when it comes down to it.. seems like a place to voice problems more than anything.

Turned out to be great in this case! Getting a day out of mine no problem!

Really wondering if anyone who's used this has actually used a 4S before.. I'm sure some of you have but that definitely drains at LEAST twice as fast as my Bold 9900! Unless I just got a good battery
    01-13-12 07:12 AM
    I didn't have a 4s but just a 4 and at the end of the day I had to charge it also and I'm used to this bold 9900 batt now
    01-13-12 07:45 AM
    Well, its a pleasant surprise to see someone be happy about the battery!
    Yaaay! I'm grinning from ear to ear now! Hi 5 to the OP.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    If my post has helped you in any manner, kindly click the "Thank" button!
    01-13-12 07:47 AM
    is MUCHHHHHHH better than I was expecting! This place makes it seem like its the worst battery life in any phone ever! That's what you get though with any forum though when it comes down to it.. seems like a place to voice problems more than anything.

Turned out to be great in this case! Getting a day out of mine no problem!

Really wondering if anyone who's used this has actually used a 4S before.. I'm sure some of you have but that definitely drains at LEAST twice as fast as my Bold 9900! Unless I just got a good battery

Couldn't agree with you more. Compared to the CryPhone 4S, or the Droid X2 (which my wife uses), the battery life on my BB is astonishing. And I'm a VERY heavy user... I can easily go most of the work day without having to drop her in the cradle.
    01-13-12 07:50 AM
    I would like to echo these posts. I have nothing crapple but its better then my Curve 8530.
    01-13-12 07:55 AM
    Since all I use is blackberries, I'm not really concerned about how other phones drain. I only care about comparing it to other BBs I have had and this by far is the worst battery. That being said, I understand because of the slim form factor and the touchscreen it will drain more. I use my BB for everything so i'm not likely getting a full day. I have to keep a car charger with me.

I can get around the battery though. What I can't get around is the OS randomly disappearing off the phone while I am out and about and rendering my phone a brick. In the last 2 weeks I have bricked my phone by simply doing a battery pool and have been on the highway with no phone. THAT is unacceptable.
    01-13-12 07:57 AM
    It seems you're either in the battery is great camp, or the battery sucks camp. Depending on apps and setup makes a huge difference.
    I did a clean install and turned off anything that uses the cell radio. Little by little I am working the apps back in while watching the battery consumption.
    My battery life is pretty good now, where it sucked eggs before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    sjefferson21, tomgnc and D_Town like this.
    01-13-12 08:51 AM
    With light usage I get down to %70 at the end of the day. But if I play any games.... bummer!

iPhone 5s gotta have exceptional battery life..
    01-13-12 11:04 AM
    With moderate use I get down to 35% from 7am-12pm so yeah, it is great!
    01-13-12 11:46 AM
    I didn't have a 4s but just a 4 and at the end of the day I had to charge it also and I'm used to this bold 9900 batt now
    The iPhone 5 on iOS 4 had amazing battery life for the iPhone.. Easily lasted a day no matter what I did! The 4S was definitely terrible! Took it off the charger at 7am and had to charge early afternoon for sure to make sure i'd last the rest of the day!

Other Blackberry for sure had GREAT battery life! It's only been a bit so far so I'm going to keep testing it out. I've got a decent amount of apps and everything being pushed right now! Haven't gotten toooo much into my apps yet though.. super busyy these days!

Overall.. The keys are a little sharp feeling on my fingers but i'm sure ill adjust! My first blackberry was a 9000.. so I learned everything on that keyboard! This is basically like the 9000 on steroids!

I'm just waiting for something to go wrong and ruin what has been a perfect phone for me so far... it's too good to be true lol!
    01-13-12 12:01 PM
    Finally a positive thread about the battery life! I sick of people calling BS on me when I post about my great +24 hour battery life.
    tomgnc likes this.
    01-13-12 12:03 PM
    Since all I use is blackberries, I'm not really concerned about how other phones drain. I only care about comparing it to other BBs I have had and this by far is the worst battery. That being said, I understand because of the slim form factor and the touchscreen it will drain more. I use my BB for everything so i'm not likely getting a full day. I have to keep a car charger with me.

I can get around the battery though. What I can't get around is the OS randomly disappearing off the phone while I am out and about and rendering my phone a brick. In the last 2 weeks I have bricked my phone by simply doing a battery pool and have been on the highway with no phone. THAT is unacceptable.
    I guess I might have chosen function over form. They've slimmed down these units and given up operating times and I'm not sure that the tradeoff is worth it.
    01-13-12 12:44 PM
    Finally a positive thread about the battery life! I sick of people calling BS on me when I post about my great +24 hour battery life.

I totally agree with getting great days use out of this phone, But I can't get with people who say that they are getting 2 days out of a charge.

5:30am to 10:00pm and still have 30% to 40% left is fine with me.

I can't get that with 7.1 or .374, but with .362 no problem.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 02:36 PM
    My batt drops to 85% after 30 minutes off the charger. Def the worst blackberry battery I've seen in my years
    01-13-12 02:45 PM
    It's been on for 8 hours now, and Meterberry says 14%. It's been holstered most of the day, but Bluetooth is on 24/7. .798 seems to squeeze out more minutes than .790, at least to me.
    01-13-12 03:10 PM
    I am getting ~13 hours: lots of bbm, internet browsing, youtube and streaming music. I dont play any games. Im happy but with a bridged PB its a little less.
    I have a leaked 7.1 not sure which oneright now. I usually always have full signal, not really sure how much of a difference that makes.
    01-13-12 03:16 PM
    It seems you're either in the battery is great camp, or the battery sucks camp. Depending on apps and setup makes a huge difference.
    I did a clean install and turned off anything that uses the cell radio. Little by little I am working the apps back in while watching the battery consumption.
    My battery life is pretty good now, where it sucked eggs before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That is exactly what I did from the beginning. I get pretty amazing battery life which strangely enough seemed to get a little better over time. I took it off the charger at 7AM, used it a pretty good amt. today and still have 75%!
    01-13-12 03:58 PM
    mines been off the charger since 530am. 20-30 emails 50+ sms hour of calls down to 20%. im just happy with 12+ hrs. phone is great and no issues. 7.1 os

also surfing fb and twitter.
    01-13-12 09:09 PM
    I totally agree with getting great days use out of this phone, But I can't get with people who say that they are getting 2 days out of a charge.

5:30am to 10:00pm and still have 30% to 40% left is fine with me.

I can't get that with 7.1 or .374, but with .362 no problem.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    I can get two days on a slow weekend. But I use it for business, not as a toy.
    01-13-12 09:54 PM
    After a fairly heavy day of usage I still end up with about 50% by the time I go to sleep at around 1am (unplugged since around 9am). I'm fairly happy with my battery.
    01-13-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD