I just received my new Bold 9930 from Verizon delivered by Fedex and straight out of the box the plastic piece that is below the keyboard with the Verizon logo on it is not properly attached on the right hand side. This was blatantly obvious from the second I took the phone out of the box. How on earth does this make it past any human eye that is doing quality checks? I am even half blind and I saw it right away.

Now the question is, should I just take it to the Verizon store to exchange it or am I better off calling? Should I activate the one I have first to make sure I even want to keep it or just put it right back in the box now?
    08-30-11 12:32 PM
    Entirely up to you - some have said they just push it back down onto the adhesive and it's been fine since. Others have swapped right away. My guess is it was packaged before the adhesive was fully dried and cured and it popped up during transport.
    08-30-11 12:35 PM
    I'd call so they can make the notes on your account, then hop in the car and go get a new one.
    08-30-11 12:47 PM
    Well I was able to push it down into place and it seems OK now. I didn't think I would be able to because it was actually sticking up above the metal ring but it popped into place. I guess I will keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks for the help though.
    08-30-11 12:53 PM
    or you just buy a non-branded one and replace it.

i know i will replace my keyboard in the future since im not satisfied with the back light on it.instead of sending it back which will cost me like 25 � too (since i ordered outside of my country) and get the risk i have the same problem on my next model i will just buy a new keypad in a store once they are available.
    08-30-11 12:57 PM
    I just received my new Bold 9930 from Verizon delivered by Fedex and straight out of the box the plastic piece that is below the keyboard with the Verizon logo on it is not properly attached on the right hand side. This was blatantly obvious from the second I took the phone out of the box. How on earth does this make it past any human eye that is doing quality checks? I am even half blind and I saw it right away.

Now the question is, should I just take it to the Verizon store to exchange it or am I better off calling? Should I activate the one I have first to make sure I even want to keep it or just put it right back in the box now?
    This sort of thing happens with mass production, to all manufacturers. I'd definitely take it back and have them exchange it.
    08-30-11 02:06 PM
    Well I was able to push it down into place and it seems OK now. I didn't think I would be able to because it was actually sticking up above the metal ring but it popped into place. I guess I will keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks for the help though.

Others have reported it's sticking down just fine after popping back in. Good luck.
    08-30-11 02:58 PM
    Mine was the same way when I opened it up I just snapped it back down and haven't had any issues since. Was yours made in Mexico?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD