09-25-11 09:59 PM
43 12
tools
    the phone is very slick and attractive, I get to watch YouTube but NOT Hulu or Netflix, which I am sorry disappointed about. It is harder for me to text on the 9930 than the 8830, I kid you not. Wider and flatter which doesn't fit my hand so well.
    I needed the better camera. If it wasn't the fact that I absolutely must have a physical keyboard to type well, I would have gotten an iPhone (as I am on a Mac and I absolutely HATE the internet explorer native RIM browser)!
    09-21-11 08:25 PM
    I've committed for 36 months
    09-21-11 08:34 PM
    Awesome device all the way around. I'm in for two yrs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 08:41 PM
    YES I would and OH Yeh!! I already did and love it.
    09-21-11 08:41 PM
    In Canada it's ALL 36 month contracts -.-
    raptorfan likes this.
    09-21-11 08:49 PM
    i will
    09-21-11 10:37 PM
    I really WANT to get a Bold 9930 but I don't NEED to get one.

My problem is that I know that the BB7 phones are a stop gap phone for Blackberry. We all really want the QNX phones which should come out in early 2012. (If the phones get delayed further RIMM stock will probably crash further and users and developers will probably abandon in greater numbers.)

If I upgrade from a Bold 9650 to a Bold 9930 I have to commit for 24 months. I am in a 4G LTE service area and I do not want to be stuck with a 3G phone for 24 months.

I also am not willing to purchase a Bold 9930 for $510. If I can buy it for $300 without a 24 month contract, I'd do it.

Please help me with reasons to upgrade to a Bold 9930 today.
    pin me @ 33015759 or email me.
    I have one brand new WTS but I am loving the torch 9850. free esn, pay pal excepted.
    Jugghead62
    09-22-11 12:10 PM
    36 month contract here on my 9900. No regrets. So glad I got it.
    09-22-11 12:54 PM
    Lol... Contracts. I have one with my Evo...but bought the 9930 off contract because I have no self control. I plan to sell the 9930 to fund the QNX phone...

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    09-22-11 01:05 PM
    Nope i wouldnt...thats why i always ALWAYS buy my phones sim free and unlocked...absolutely hate network branded phones and wouldnt touch them with a bargepole to be honest.

Sure buying it sim free/unlocked means it costs more but its better for me as i can sell and buy a new one anytime i like.

Committing to a 2 yr contract is just plain stupidly dumb lol...i have 3 lines and each one is running on a monthly contract ie i just give them 30days and i can cancel them anytime i like....**** getting tied into a 2-3yr plan...
    09-22-11 01:12 PM
    In essence, all phones are stop gap phones. You buy one today, something better will come out later on. If you want it , OP, you may as well get it.
    09-22-11 03:15 PM
    I'm coming from Android and iphone and for some reason this phone just really appeals to me. I paid full price off contract and so far no regrets. If I had to sign for 24 months I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't but its a gorgeous phone. Runs fast and I love the keyboard.

09-22-11 03:39 PM
    In essence, all phones are stop gap phones. You buy one today, something better will come out later on. If you want it , OP, you may as well get it.
    Exactly.

I hate it when people get the idea that signing a contract means they are committing to that phone for the life of the contract. That simply isn't the case.

When you sign a contract, you are committing to pay for that line of service for the life of the contract, that's it. In exchange for signing on the dotted line the carrier gives you a discount (subsidy) on the phone of your choice. No where does it say you have to use that same phone for the life of your contract. You are free to use any other compatible phone you would like for the remainder of your term. You can buy a new phone full retail or used, or even put your old phone or a phone you get from a friend or family member, or even the phone you are now retiring on the line if you want. As long as you continue to pay for the line for the reminder of your contract (or pay the ETF) they really don't care.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 09-25-11 at 05:44 PM.
    raptorfan likes this.
    09-25-11 02:20 PM
    OK say you wait for the QNX phone and just when you're ready to get it........it's leaked! The new QNX part 2 phone is coming!

Do you wait and then when part 3 is rumored before your purchase do you wait again?

Up to you but you'll never have the latest and greatest unless you have money to burn. Even then you only have the latest and greatest until the next rumor or release.
    OniBerry and Spawn12 like this.
    09-25-11 02:29 PM
    I'm coming from Android and iphone and for some reason this phone just really appeals to me. I paid full price off contract and so far no regrets. If I had to sign for 24 months I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't but its a gorgeous phone. Runs fast and I love the keyboard.

Did the same thing today. Paid full price. No regrets.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-25-11 06:10 PM
    Get it. Why not? I had to commit to my UK Vodafone for 24 months (if I wanted 18 months, I would have to pay an extra 5 per month). Why not go for the 9900 and then let other beta testers test the QNX phone, and by the time you come to upgrade to a QNX in just under 24 months, they will be [hopefully] excellent and not beta.

EDIT: I have always stuck to 18 month contracts; I hate having to commit for 24 months. My logic was I would see how my 9900 was, and if I really didn't like it, then I would return. I have never thought of returning it - it is brilliant. Go for it. Unlike any other BlackBerry before. If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you will never upgrade.
    Last edited by oliverlock; 09-25-11 at 06:21 PM.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-25-11 06:19 PM
    I've never kept any phone for 24 months. I might consider my 9930 unless something drastically better comes along.
    09-25-11 09:54 PM
    I committed to owning a 9900 for 36

It`s ok thouh, I`m going to upgrade next year when QNX comes out and just buy the phone outright. Every other phone I will for a discounted price so I don`t see a problem.
    09-25-11 09:59 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD