1. gtmanning's Avatar
    Hi I'm aware this has been posted before, but this is really just in the context of it being summer 2011 (supposedly when new BBs will be released).

    So my 9700 has stopped working, and I'm due an upgrade (that lasts until early August).

    Preference of 'desired' phones
    1. Torch 2
    2. Bold 9900/9930
    3. Torch

    Two options: get Torch, or wait for one of the new BBs and use my ('mostly' functional) bold 9000 in the mean time (or try and get the 9700 repaired).

    The latter has two options within itself, to wait for the Torch 2 or 9900, but their release dates are so illuminating, some say Torch 2 definitely July, some say even the 9930 will be delayed until September... I'd rather the Torch 2 over any other phone, but BB themselves haven't even confirmed it, where the 9900 has been fully confirmed.
    06-21-11 12:01 PM
  2. AbuYazeedUK's Avatar
    06-21-11 12:04 PM
  3. thecondor33's Avatar
    I agree 100%, I would wait it out and use the 9000 for now.
    06-21-11 12:25 PM
  4. gtmanning's Avatar
    Well that's two for wait.

    I'm 'almost' swayed...

    Anyone got info on release dates?
    06-21-11 12:32 PM
  5. Apple Crumble's Avatar
    Can't help on the release dates but another vote for wait and get what you want, otherwise it'll be another 2-3yrs before you get another phone?
    06-21-11 12:40 PM
  6. tuffy100's Avatar
    Can you stand your 9000? If you can, then wait. If you can't, go ahead and get the Torch.
    06-21-11 12:53 PM
  7. rollingrock1988's Avatar
    there are like 9 trillion threads on this.
    06-21-11 12:59 PM
  8. menaknow's Avatar
    there are like 9 trillion threads on this.
    Now we have 9 trillion and 1
    06-21-11 01:19 PM
  9. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    My Torch took a swim, though it is working again, I am very much waiting on either the 9900 or the Torch 2 to replace it, and make due with the static now on phone calls, and the lack of being able to use mass storage mode
    06-21-11 01:20 PM
  10. sleepngbear's Avatar
    What Tuffy said - if you can work with the 9000 for another couple of months, definitely wait and see which of the new ones floats your boat.

    @dR: I know you're attached to your Torch and like doing everything with it, but jeez, you have to draw the line at the diving board.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 01:42 PM
  11. gtmanning's Avatar
    Looks like I'll probably be waiting then.

    Best to wait a few weeks than wait 24 damn months on the contract I guess rofl

    I apologise, as mentioned I'm aware there's a few similar threads, I just wanted to create a more up to date one, for people in a similar position.
    06-21-11 01:48 PM
  12. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    What Tuffy said - if you can work with the 9000 for another couple of months, definitely wait and see which of the new ones floats your boat.

    @dR: I know you're attached to your Torch and like doing everything with it, but jeez, you have to draw the line at the diving board.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    But how do you BBM in the pool?
    06-21-11 09:42 PM
  13. Bizarre's Avatar
    Wait for it! It'll be worth it!
    06-21-11 09:53 PM
  14. T
    I'm just curious, what's wrong with your 9700? And what is this 9900? Is it an att model?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 10:05 PM
  15. Bizarre's Avatar
    I'm just curious, what's wrong with your 9700? And what is this 9900? Is it an att model?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The 9900 is the new bold, modeled like the Bold 9000 except it has a touchscreen along with the keyboard and track pad.
    06-22-11 12:14 AM
  16. mmcpher's Avatar
    FWIW, I'm waiting for the Torch 2 and since we are unfortunately still in the tealeaf reading stage so far as release dates, that's all we have to go in. There was some mysterious byplay during the last Crackberry podcast about the Torch 2. Those guys are privy to higher grade rumor than us rubes, but there seemed to be a difference of opinion on that model. I did see a blog today reporting that RIM has released a Torch 2 Simulator with 7.0 and there has been a general uptick in Torch 2 buzz consistent with a release sooner rather than later. Even some speculation that there might some level of form factor tweaking.
    06-22-11 12:30 AM
  17. snowindec9's Avatar
    im in a same boat.for me,however,im not grabbing a torch 1 or 9780 right now.im getting me a new device no matter what.im ready to retire my old device after a long run.its time for new beginnings.move on.
    06-22-11 11:39 PM
  18. anon(73368)'s Avatar
    I just switched from Sprint I couldnt take the bad cell service anymore> So I ordered 2 Torch's for .2 cents. When the torch 2 comes out I'm gonna cell both of my 9650's and 1 Torch on craigslist and buy the Torch 2. Who knows when the T2 will get released But I still feel I upgraded from the 9650. But a torch for a penny was to good to pass up. jmo
    06-23-11 06:40 AM
  19. Lego Star Wars's Avatar
    Wait. Difinitely. Wait
    06-23-11 12:45 PM
  20. Xterra2's Avatar
    Its best if you wait

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 01:44 PM
  21. NFLPLAYBOOK's Avatar
    Buy a Torch now. You can sell it when the new ones are released. The prices have dropped so you shouldn't lose any more than you would have repairing the 9700. Just keep it in good shape. The bonus is you'll have time to get use to the phone and you will be able to wait a little long if the 9900 is released first.
    06-23-11 01:56 PM
  22. pineypl's Avatar
    If you can, tough it out and wait. I am still on my Bold 9000 and hanging on. Hanging by a nearly invisible thread, but I am hanging.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 01:58 PM
  23. gtmanning's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice guys.

    I've decided I'm going to wait - at least until the 9900. Everything suggests an early July release date so I'd be happy with that.
    The Torch 2 is probably a month following the 9900, can't wait that long!

    The problem with my 9700 is that the battery drains abnormally rapidly. It came on suddenly after it 'died' - just turned off completely for about 2 days. When I turned it back on it wasn't the same - and its not the battery, I've tried other batteries I know are working.
    06-24-11 05:56 AM
  24. gtmanning's Avatar
    The Bold 9900 is registered as August on Carphone Warehouse . com

    And September for Three UK on their "Coming soon" page

    Not sure what either of these dates actually mean...
    But I ain't waiting till September for a new phone that's for sure...
    06-24-11 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD