I was just wondering what you guys thought if it even worth getting the 9930 when QNX is just around the corner?
    10-13-11 07:21 PM
    If you like the 9930 for what it is - smooth phone with great communications, capable browsing, best keyboard in the world, beautiful style, and NFC - then there is no reason to wait for QNX.

The first QNX phone will likely be just touch screen only, so it may have a totally different 'feel' to it. Apps will hopefully be better on QNX. I went with the 9930 if it helps. I also have a playbook already too.
    10-13-11 07:36 PM
    I was just wondering what you guys thought if it even worth getting the 9930 when QNX is just around the corner?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-13-11 07:42 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for the input. I am mainly going to use it for work so I won't need much use for games or anything like that.
    10-13-11 07:50 PM
    I really like the 9930. My only complaint would be the lack of apps. I don't use my phone to surf a lot, mainly email and text or a game while I'm waiting at doc or someplace. I don't know what more QNX will offer. The processer is super fast compared to the 9650/OS6. Where the banking and cc apps are missing, I've bookmarked the sites and get fast access and can pinch zoom. I also have an Ipad2 for when I travel (I can't email as well on it), so feel I have the best of both worlds. JMO.

10-13-11 07:50 PM
    why do you say QNX is around the corner? Someone forget they are talking about RIM?

I don't really expect a QNX phone until this time next year. Not that they don't plan on rolling one out in Q2 of 2012...just that it will be delayed again and again.

If i knew 100% for sure that in the first week of Q2, a remade Bold 9930 with a dual core chip and decent gpu was going to come out with QNX...i'd hold out for it. Fact is i wouldn't expect that until Q4 of 2012.

By then Android phones will probably have quad-core chips.

Not to mention, AT&T is switching to LTE, as is Sprint. How long until we see LTE-ready blackberries?

I loved my bold 9650's keyboard, a wider one like in the 9930 would be amazing, just can't see myself going to it. Maybe if they didn't VPN everything through their own servers...i'd be more willing to get a BB.
    10-13-11 08:50 PM
    As others have mentioned, the first QNX phone will probably be touch screen only, so if that's your thing wait, but it probably won't be out until March 31, 2012 (5.5 months from now!). I could never go back to my Bold 9700 after having the 9900, the combo of touch and keyboard is just sublime. Do it, you can always sell it later.

Quad core chips are pointless in a phone right now due to battery issues. And the QNX phones are rumored to be LTE. Hopefully we'll know more after next weeks Dev conference.
    10-13-11 10:11 PM
    I don't really expect first QNX phone will be great, i mean design, apps, etc. So i don't care about QNX phone, YET.
    10-13-11 10:31 PM
    That's an awfully loooooooooong corner in RIMspeak. When I start seeing Q's in front of predictions for release dates, I basically don't even waste my brain saving that info. Its filed in the PNM pay no mind category. Buy the phone, you'll enjoy it and that's worth the money.
    10-13-11 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD