hi is it worth buying a 9900 or stick with my 9300 need help out here
    Last edited by Voku; 08-20-11 at 11:18 AM.
    08-20-11 11:16 AM
    Depends on who you ask.
    Android/iPhone Fanboys : No its BB.
    Rational People : He11 Yea...
    tliolos likes this.
    08-20-11 11:20 AM
    Hey Buddy, my history so far is:

9000 <--- as of Monday last week.

It is in my opinion the best blackberry to date. It's sturdy and a great build in terms of hardware AND software. I'd say rock on.

Cheers,

Kace
    08-20-11 11:21 AM
    What a strange place to ask such a question. The 9900 Forum!

Like strolling onto a nudist beach and asking "Do you people like suncream?"
    08-20-11 11:35 AM
    This device is the best to date so far I like it and coming from Android it a pretty good compliment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 11:57 AM
    I had the same question, but just got of the phone with Big Red and my new 9930 will be here Monday. My new question is will it still be relevant when the QNX phones supposedly drop.
    08-20-11 12:03 PM
    I came from a Droid X. I love the keyboard. It's a great device that I plan to keep for a very long time.

08-20-11 12:20 PM
    Lol, I tried using the 9700 for a few minutes earlier today and I just couldn't do it, kept touching the screen lol

Best BB ever, I could use this for the next 5 years.

08-20-11 12:25 PM
    I'm coming from a 9300 and I can tell you that there is aboslutely NO comparion. The 9900 is leaps and bounds better than the 9300.
    08-20-11 12:30 PM
    If money is an issue get a 9810 for $49.99.

08-20-11 12:37 PM
    ABSOLUTELY worth buying! Will not be compatible with QNX update but QNX will need some time to blossom anyway and then you will be available for an upgrade... 9930 is an INCREDIBLE device...I just ordered another one

08-20-11 12:53 PM
    @bb, that is the kind of self serving logic I need to reinforce my purchase. Monday cannot get here fast enough.
    08-20-11 01:57 PM
    ABSOLUTELY worth buying! Will not be compatible with QNX update but QNX will need some time to blossom anyway and then you will be available for an upgrade... 9930 is an INCREDIBLE device...I just ordered another one

Rim has to be careful with releasing a new operating system like QNX. Enough people left Rim due to no support for their devices that had OS issues. Remember Android is giving everyone a run for their money and Rim needs to back up their products new and old. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with Rim trying to fix my 9930. But finally its now working and I am happy with it. They were super nice helping me out and they didn't know the new OS 7 system as well as I thought they would. If you like the Blackberry platform then this is the device to get!

08-20-11 02:09 PM
    I just upgraded from the torch 9800.

This is by far the best blackberry to date. The phone is super fast and the touch screen works great.

They are also not lying about the keyboard, i love typing on this phone.
    08-20-11 02:10 PM
    Depends on who you ask.
    Android/iPhone Fanboys : No its BB.
    Rational People : He11 Yea...
    okay, just for a background check, i went from a bb tour to a droid x.
    i have to say that i am quite honestly a android fanboy and appreciate the stable os of an iphone, but i'm still going back to the 9930. after moving to android, i still don't like typing on a touch screen keyboard and making tons of mistakes typing.

i still like all the "other" functionality of android devices. it is powered by google you know haha. but 9930 keyboard > android. enough said haha.
    08-20-11 02:18 PM
    okay, just for a background check, i went from a bb tour to a droid x.
    i have to say that i am quite honestly a android fanboy and appreciate the stable os of an iphone, but i'm still going back to the 9930. after moving to android, i still don't like typing on a touch screen keyboard and making tons of mistakes typing.

i still like all the "other" functionality of android devices. it is powered by google you know haha. but 9930 keyboard > android. enough said haha.
    I have a Droid X now, and HATE the typing on the touch screen.. it has slowly gotten to be more and more of a pain. I had a Torch before hand and cannot wait to go back to a normal keyboard!
    08-20-11 03:22 PM
    How is it possible for anyone to know if QNX will run on some of the OS7 devices or not? Isn't that like reading tea leaves?

08-20-11 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD