The only way you will be disappointed with this device is if you have unrealistic expectations going in. If you expect an ios or android browsing experience, you'll be disappointed. If you expect a media experience like those, you will be disappointed. If you expect it to be the best bb yet, with phenomenal keyboard and second-to-none messaging and communication, you will probably be very pleased.
    Exactly. This is also why the specs do not need to be compared to other 2011 phones. I switched from bb to android a year ago, and can honestly say that nothing can match the communications experience of rim, voice or text. That's because rim has (not at all by accident) nailed down the user interface experience in a way that not even Apple can match.

In a way, this is sad because there is no such thing, or even a hope for, a perfect device. On the other hand, a solid device like this paired up with a small Android tablet, perhaps one from the next round of devices with higher resolution than today, will satisfy one's mobile communications, personal organization and media consumption. I am seriously considering one of the upcoming qHD 4+" such as the HTC sensation, running WiFi only, to supplement the 9900..
    05-26-11 05:41 PM
    Exactly. This is also why the specs do not need to be compared to other 2011 phones. I switched from bb to android a year ago, and can honestly say that nothing can match the communications experience of rim, voice or text. That's because rim has (not at all by accident) nailed down the user interface experience in a way that not even Apple can match.

In a way, this is sad because there is no such thing, or even a hope for, a perfect device. On the other hand, a solid device like this paired up with a small Android tablet, perhaps one from the next round of devices with higher resolution than today, will satisfy one's mobile communications, personal organization and media consumption. I am seriously considering one of the upcoming qHD 4+" such as the HTC sensation, running WiFi only, to supplement the 9900..
    This is also why I think its a shame that rim is not paying more attention to pearl size and type of devices, or why they didn't push carriers to pick up the last two harder. Given what rim excels at, and what people want from it, that form factor becomes very relevant and fills a large niche. That was a huge reason why I went to Android.
    05-26-11 05:51 PM
    anyone else slightly worried the 99** maybe a disappointment ?

I mean after all the hype and speculation will it be just another BlackBerry!?

I'm a bit sad and getting really excited about this device. Its the first time ill get a phone on release as normally my contact ends a month or 2 after the "in phone" is out.

This will be my first BlackBerry device for about 3 years, and I have high expectations as I still miss my curve 8310!!

hopefully you guys will add reasurance =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I dont worry about such things. Its just a cellphone. If it ends up sucking I wont buy it.

There are better things to worry about in life. Im just happy for each day Im alive.
    05-26-11 07:45 PM
    I dont worry about such things. Its just a cellphone. If it ends up sucking I wont buy it.

There are better things to worry about in life. Im just happy for each day Im alive.
    i know but its ��� being spent or ($$$ to please the masses)

I work hard for my money so i want things i do buy to be right .. thats not to mention the money i waste in the pub

i think im just looking forward to it too much, as liek i said its my first release day phone ive always got them months after they are out when my contracts have ended, for once im not in a contract.. for now
    05-27-11 05:18 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD