anyone else slightly worried the 99** maybe a disappointment ?

I mean after all the hype and speculation will it be just another BlackBerry!?

I'm a bit sad and getting really excited about this device. Its the first time ill get a phone on release as normally my contact ends a month or 2 after the "in phone" is out.

This will be my first BlackBerry device for about 3 years, and I have high expectations as I still miss my curve 8310!!

hopefully you guys will add reasurance =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 08:03 AM
    I am sure there will be some fixes on these devices, but I am also sure they will be some really slick ones as well.
    05-24-11 08:06 AM
    No new phone is born perfect. It will be as in the past and OS updates will come as fast as in the past.

What would be a REAL BUMMER is if they have NOT fixed the stuttering keyboards.
    05-24-11 08:23 AM
    I really hope not.
    I wanna get a release day BlackBerry so I'll be buying it on the day it is released.

I hope.
    05-24-11 08:25 AM
    Coming from a Tour, this thing will definitely not be a dissapointment.
    05-24-11 09:11 AM
    If you go into something expecting to be disappointed, chances are you're going to nitpick the crap out of it and find something to be disappointed about. The 9900 will be my 4th BlackBerry. Each one so far has been better than the one before; apparently I'm one of the very few who's been very satisfied with all of them. I've got high expectations that this one is going to be all that and more.
    05-24-11 09:49 AM
    As a Blackberry it won't be a disappointment... as a 2011 phone it will. I have a strong feeling RIM is preparing itself to be a service provider in the near future instead of a phone maker.
    05-24-11 09:52 AM
    As a Blackberry it won't be a disappointment... as a 2011 phone it will. I have a strong feeling RIM is preparing itself to be a service provider in the near future instead of a phone maker.
    Case in point.
    05-24-11 09:58 AM
    Well, if the last BlackBerry smartphone you had was had was the 8310, you definitely will like the difference of the two . Don't expect it to wash your dishes or anything, but it should be a great device. Hopefully with all the time they are taking to test the device, a lot of the bugs are fixed before release, ESPECIALLY the stuttering keyboard. Urrrrgh, that really can be a pain sometimes, haha.
    05-24-11 10:06 AM
    I hope not... But given the history of RIM, it can happen. I decided that I will NOT buy the Bold 9900 as soon as it hits the market. I will wait about three weeks and see what people has to say... Also, I hope there will be no hardware issues like those Bold 9780s... RIM needs to work on quality control!!!!

I HOPE THAT THERE ARE NO HARDWARE ISSUES!!!! PLEASE!!
    05-24-11 10:14 AM
    What is disappointing about it for a 2011 phone? No wifi hotspot? Wow if you're right about RIM I guess I won't be buying anymore of their products (or maybe won't be able to). Where will this leave the playbook?

Come on windows get your crap together and quit trying to copy apple again. I don't like the iphone or android and their systems.
    05-24-11 10:28 AM
    I decided that I will NOT buy the Bold 9900 as soon as it hits the market. I will wait about three weeks and see what people has to say...
    Smart move, I may be doing the same...
    05-24-11 10:29 AM
    What is RIM decides to make handsets for other OS's, ala Android or WP7? That would not necessarily be a bad thing, but the BB OS is so nice and useful, no one has what they have from a pure OS as far as communication, ease of use (I said it) and control. No one.
    05-24-11 11:27 AM
    Smart move, I may be doing the same...
    Plus, just to let you know... this 9900 will not run out of stock (unless there is a some kind of disaster in manufacturing). The BestBuy Canada managers think that they will have a huge pile of 9900. So, you don't have to worry about running out at the store. Wait about three weeks after it release somewhere in North America (it doesn't have to be in your city) and monitor Crackberry.com and many other websites on the net for complains. I work at BestBuy part time and I will post any complains we get at BestBuy Canada on CrackBerry so you will be informed on here as well.

Yes, wait and see what those rich people has to say about BB 9900.
    05-24-11 11:44 AM
    What I'm concerned about is the application development and support for OS7. I think this is a good phone, but without developers taking advantage of its capabilities it won't be as rich an experience as it could be.
    05-24-11 12:02 PM
    I'm with Sprint in the US and they have a 30 day return policy for whatever reason, even if you don't like the device (less a $35.00 restocking fee). So I'm gonna pony up the $199.99 2yr upgrade and hope that within those 1st 30 days I'm completely sastisfied with the Bold 9930 (which by the videos and hands on reports from BBW) I'm sure I will be. And if it doesn't live up to it's expectations, then, I'm only out $35.00 and get to chose another device at the time. And again, hope for the best, prepare for the worst

05-24-11 12:18 PM
    it always takes time for the apps to catch up. I'm confident that it will be an awesome phone.

I converted from iphone to bb when the 9000 came out and haven't regretted it once. I even bought an ip3 and ip4 when they were released just to make sure and came back to my 9700 and 9780 each time. This is the best upgrade to the bold lineup so far and I'm pumped. So pumped in fact that I will buy it on the 1st day and I will love it. If it doesn't love me back I will switch to android and I won't be back. Don't let me down RIM.
    05-24-11 12:24 PM
    What I'm concerned about is the application development and support for OS7. I think this is a good phone, but without developers taking advantage of its capabilities it won't be as rich an experience as it could be.
    out of the apps that i've tried, only two of them have i used consistently and frequently (opera mini and google maps). i've found that the remainder (incl viigo and live messenger) had a combination of negatives including very high battery consumption, lack of functionality, and taking too long to accomplish certain tasks.

personally, the number of RIM apps i will download will far outnumber those developed by 3rd parties because theyre usually ****e
    Last edited by sg8330; 05-24-11 at 12:30 PM.
    05-24-11 12:25 PM
    anyone else slightly worried the 99** maybe a disappointment ?
    I'm a bit sad and getting really excited about this device. wapforums.crackberry.com

I thought I was the only one worrying just a tiny bit. We've all speculated about the new Bold Touch and spoken about our hopes for this device. However a dark thought has managed to break in and I think back to the 9700, 9780 with the glitches and problems and get that uncertain feeling.

Which is why I won't jump immediately to buy the Bold Touch, I think I'll wait a bit and read what others have to say and make my decision after a month or two. Hmmm, if I can wait that long
    05-24-11 02:25 PM
    Not concerned. Hardware issues would be hard to deal with, but given the "flagship" nature of this device, I hope RIM has gotten their game together. I have tolerance for subtle software issues because I recognize that software is always a work in progress.

And outside of the glitch/issue discussion, if everything works fine but it just doesn't perform, then it goes back. Need to take advantage of the return policy. I can't honestly say I'm worried because there is a lot of competition in the phone industry right now. I can always move on to something better if I'm not satisfied. The only way this would be a source of concern is if I was irrationally holding onto RIM. Since I prefer RIM, but not unconditionally, the thought of this device being disappointing doesn't bother me.
    05-24-11 04:51 PM
    I took the plunge and got the Verizon iPhone in the beginning of March. I have an extra line floating around on my account as a "back up" phone or loaner for my grandparents. I use both upgrades and I'm due again now (last annual) or in December (last NE2). I like my iPhone a lot but it's no BlackBerry. I've taken "vacations" from BlackBerry, but I always come back. I think I'm just suppose to be a BlackBerry man.

Anyway, this device really hooked my attention. I'm just worried this is going to be a huge mess like the Storm was. Thoughts? Can someone kill my doubt once and for all?
    Last edited by BlackberryBookWorm; 05-24-11 at 06:11 PM.
    05-24-11 06:08 PM
    I am always worried when it comes to RIM....
    05-24-11 06:39 PM
    The only way you will be disappointed with this device is if you have unrealistic expectations going in. If you expect an ios or android browsing experience, you'll be disappointed. If you expect a media experience like those, you will be disappointed. If you expect it to be the best bb yet, with phenomenal keyboard and second-to-none messaging and communication, you will probably be very pleased.
    05-25-11 05:04 PM
    What if RIM knew that OS7 was the last new OS before QNX and made OS7 play nice with most the existing software out there now?
    05-25-11 05:13 PM
    I'm with Sprint in the US and they have a 30 day return policy for whatever reason, even if you don't like the device (less a $35.00 restocking fee). So I'm gonna pony up the $199.99 2yr upgrade and hope that within those 1st 30 days I'm completely sastisfied with the Bold 9930 (which by the videos and hands on reports from BBW) I'm sure I will be. And if it doesn't live up to it's expectations, then, I'm only out $35.00 and get to chose another device at the time. And again, hope for the best, prepare for the worst

Please create a new thread when you test your toy and let us know what issues you may face. It will be helpful to people like me. AFAIK Telus do not have a return policy.

05-25-11 10:07 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD