Just had to share - I got my 9900 and have been unhappy with the battery life - I'm on call, get a bunch of emails, and use it to read RSS feeds as well. Battery had been lasting 12-14 hours. Turned Wifi on today after reading a post/thread about it somewhere. 15 hours later, including having to use it as a tether, and I'm still at 35%. Far from conclusive, but seems considerably better. I'll know for sure, but had to share. Thanks, all!
    11-14-11 09:27 PM
    You WiFi on and connected to a network or just on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 09:30 PM
    Lucky you. I'm at 1h40m used 3h20m idle and I'm at 21%. Just splendid...when it's idling it's fine but then when it's being used it goes through the battery so damn fast. I took my first one back because of this issue but its just the same. No idea what to do. I put .503 on and the other leaks before it but nothing works for making the battery last while being used. The battery life when idle did improve with .503 though.

Now at 19% after typing this and getting one bbm message.

11-14-11 09:55 PM
    You WiFi on and connected to a network or just on...

On and connected to a network - it uses the wifi to get email, rather than the (more power-hungry) cell radio.
    11-15-11 01:37 PM
    Out the box I never had battery issues with my 9930.

I've always had 13+ hours including 3G, constant emails, twitter, bbm, light pandora and youtube videos, etc.

Battery life has never been an issue for me.

With wifi on - i get about 15hrs/ Wifi Off - 13hrs

Im currently running .374
    11-15-11 03:12 PM
    I get close to 18 hrs with moderate to heavy use with wifi off, gps location off on VZ, .374.

11-15-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD