Here is the RIMM support info:

BlackBerry Customer Support Center
    1-877-255-2377 (North America Toll Free)
    0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK Only)
    +44 1753 558400 (Outside UK)
    1-519-888-6181 (Worldwide)
    [email protected]

BOMBARD them will calls and emails so they will get off their fat lazy asses and fix this problem!!!!!!
    The email address wont accept my emails. Just auto-responds with links to paid technical support and forum support etc.
    10-19-11 03:31 AM
    Mine went on Saturday morning - battery went flat on Friday night, I charged it overnight and woke up to find it dead, with the flashing light. Nightmare - I've treated it like it was made of fine china and now Voda UK are replacing it with another phone which 'has been returned' but should be in 'very good condition'.

I'm gutted.
    10-24-11 04:04 AM
    anyone solved this?
    10-30-11 09:09 AM
    Same boat people, I need a solution to..
    10-30-11 09:26 AM
    I'm thinking this particular hardware revision or build of this device has a faulty PMC (power management controller) in it. The PMC controls the charging and discharge rate of the battery, also the phone queries the PMC at startup to make sure it has enough power to boot and that the battery is good to go. (Not below a certain voltage, and that it passes a security check) I believe the OS 7 phones are the first BBs to implement "secure" batteries, and maybe that along with a newish PMC is giving them issues...

We've all heard rumors of a 9910 / 9940 refresh and it may be that the PMC is the main hardware culprit for a revision so soon. Gives them an opportunity for a larger battery and a focusing camera to get added to the list too...
    Good observsation. Hope it is soon resolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 01:46 AM
    Having spent all day googling, I found a Vodafone user forum where people were experiencing the same problem. It is a software glitch in the handset. If the battery drains completely then it will no longer boot up so putting a new battery in there doesnt appear to solve it. I have just had my handset replaced and it is now working again having restored my data. Annoyingly my mobile phone company (Orange) were unaware of the problem and it took me ages to explain it to them
    10-31-11 04:39 AM
    Having spent all day googling, I found a Vodafone user forum where people were experiencing the same problem. It is a software glitch in the handset. If the battery drains completely then it will no longer boot up so putting a new battery in there doesnt appear to solve it. I have just had my handset replaced and it is now working again having restored my data. Annoyingly my mobile phone company (Orange) were unaware of the problem and it took me ages to explain it to them
    I'm on Voda and this happened to me- do you have a link to the forum?

Would a software update sort this, going forward (as the battery running out seems to be a pretty likely event, with this phone?)
    10-31-11 05:05 AM
    wow I can' t believe what I'm reading. I came here to post the exact same thing! But i've now replaced 3 blackberrys and it finally happened to mine!! I'm so mad.

What I have seen is all the 9930's i've worked on all were basically drained dead battery and it turns off. Then you put it on the charger but it won't turn back on and just blinks the red light at your now and then. Battery is of course charged. I go through the de-bricking steps (i'm no noob when it comes to this) and it hangs at reconnecting to jvm. It seems like a corrupt memory chip or something. But it has now happened to a few of my colleagues and now me!

I'm on Verizon and the other people were on sprint. I'm running the latest official verizon software and they were running the default software that came on their sprint devices

edit: fyi, I emailed my RIM rep to see if they are aware of this issue
    Last edited by manofice; 10-31-11 at 06:30 AM.
    10-31-11 06:22 AM
    Posted this on the other thread talking about the same issue, but I was not able to bring my 9930 back to life after several different attempts. Verizon is having a new Bold shipped to me, covered by the limited warranty.
    10-31-11 03:04 PM
    Posted this on the other thread talking about the same issue, but I was not able to bring my 9930 back to life after several different attempts. Verizon is having a new Bold shipped to me, covered by the limited warranty.
    same here, i'll have mine tomorrow
    10-31-11 03:48 PM
    I called Blackberry support, and they basically said I'm screwed b/c I bought my 9900 off eBay and warranty is non-transferrable...

Definitely a far departure from Apple's flawless Genius Bar service. RIM IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!
    Yip, the same thin happened to me. RIM told me I am screwed because I bought the phone from amazon....
    11-01-11 08:55 AM
    Yip, the same thin happened to me. RIM told me I am screwed because I bought the phone from amazon....
    Did you buy it unlocked off contract? What did Amazon tell you?
    11-01-11 09:43 AM
    I just almost experienced the "9900 turning into brick" issue.

The phone was charging, with original charger, and the battery level was about 80%.
    Just before going to sleep did the good old alt-shift-del, while charging - a habit to "refresh" the system with soft battery pull. In my mind "flashed" I shouldn't do that, being aware of all bricked 9900 during charge, but my hands I guess was quite quick.

Rebooting usually is quite fast - about a minute or so, but this time the booting progress line stuck on 70-80%. Well, it looked like I am screwed ...

Unplugged the phone, battery out, SIM out, SD out - waited for a minute and put the battery back again. The boot process stuck, again, on 70-80% and hold there for more than 30 minutets. Me, not sleepy at all at this point and making circles around the phone.
    Finally, the progress line, after 30 min, took off sloooowly and in another 5 minutes came to the finish. Then SP screen, asking for BB ID or making emergency call, no SIM after all, etc. etc.

After good time and couple of drinks - just needed them - battery out, SIM in, SD in, battery in. The phone got up and running in about a minuet - thanks God. Well, still not feeling as going to sleep, just came to CB to share the (not sure it was fortunate or unfortunate) experience.
    11-01-11 12:27 PM
    Something is rotten in the state of Canada.

11-02-11 02:45 AM
    my phone in Thailand just bricked too. Red led keeps coming on and off and nothing esle comes up. Tried to reload OS. doesnt work. Took it to the shops and they cant do it either and i wont be getting any replacement phone either. So much for a new phone.
    11-02-11 06:07 AM
    On top of the floods that really sucks. Had to cancel a planned Thai vacation for last week. Why no exchange for you?

Reading all these posts now thinking of sticking with my trusty and fast 9700.

11-02-11 06:17 AM
    WOW 650 dollars down the FRIGGIN DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-02-11 10:40 AM
    On top of the floods that really sucks. Had to cancel a planned Thai vacation for last week. Why no exchange for you?

Reading all these posts now thinking of sticking with my trusty and fast 9700.

Because I bought it from a mobile shop which is not official carriers. So, they will fix it for free but no replacement phones. Bad news is atm they cant fix it. Hopefully RIM will come up with a solution SOON!!!
    11-02-11 11:22 AM
    I plugged my phone in last night to charge, woke up this morning (almost late for work because my bb is my alarm) and my 9900 was off with the led flashing red slowly. Now i am going to be without my 9900 for 3 weeks while Telus sends it for repairs. Lucky its under warranty.
    11-05-11 03:48 PM
    Hard to get this phone with all these reports. :-((
    11-05-11 03:50 PM
    been 1 month since my 9900 had this problem, still waiting for the return of my "repaired phone" i live 5 minutes from RIM hmmmm......
    11-05-11 04:41 PM
    been 1 month since my 9900 had this problem, still waiting for the return of my "repaired phone" i live 5 minutes from rim hmmmm......

occupy rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-05-11 04:43 PM
    occupy rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL already tried that, nobody showed up and i think RIM employees just thought i was homeless or waiting for the bus
    11-05-11 04:46 PM
    11-05-11 05:46 PM
    i don't think it's just the 9900 bold My 9850 torch battery drained all the way down until it powered off. I put in the charger and it no longer powers on. Red led symptoms just like what everyone described. Why didn't i just go w/ an Android that had LTE? Will my replacement do the same thing after a couple of months? I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling with RIM. No wonder it's in the state its in right now.
    11-20-11 04:04 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD