Wow - so I am in the states - just payed crazy $ for the Rogers 9900. Its unlocked and when I got it this AM, it was fine. I pulled battery once I called AT&T to change my data plan.

Now, I cant get it to turn on at all! Its been on a charger, i am holding down power button.. what am I doing wrong? Battery seems to be fitting perfectly... what a great way to get introduced back to BBerry after a couple years on iOs / Android

Argh
    08-12-11 12:35 PM
    Seems like they are having quality control issues. I'm on my second one, and there is a few ppl here on the forums that are having track pad and battery issues.
    08-12-11 12:39 PM
    Sorry OP I don't have an answer to your problem.

But I was in a shop getting a phone unlocked a few months back and this FURIOUS lady was having a shouting match with my old Chinese mate who does the unlocking. After she stormed out I asked him what that was all about. He explained that the lady had come in to the store, pointed to a dummy phone in the window and said she wanted to buy it. He explained it was just a dummy, and not a working model (the phone hadn't been released yet). She said she wanted it and offered him 20 for it. He said he shrugged his shoulders and sold it to her.

Now she came back in and said he had tricked her and the phone wasn't working and she couldn't get a signal!

lol. I told him he should have sold her a spare dummy battery!
    08-12-11 12:50 PM
    Sorry OP I don't have an answer to your problem.

But I was in a shop getting a phone unlocked a few months back and this FURIOUS lady was having a shouting match with my old Chinese mate who does the unlocking. After she stormed out I asked him what that was all about. He explained that the lady had come in to the store, pointed to a dummy phone in the window and said she wanted to buy it. He explained it was just a dummy, and not a working model (the phone hadn't been released yet). She said she wanted it and offered him 20 for it. He said he shrugged his shoulders and sold it to her.

Now she came back in and said he had tricked her and the phone wasn't working and she couldn't get a signal!

lol. I told him he should have sold her a spare dummy battery!
    LMAO that's hysterical
    08-12-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD