Would think someone could've figured it out by now..
    It makes me wonder if RIM is listening. I remember when there we so many keyboards going bad and RIM never said or even admitted there was a problem.

If this bricking is a software thing, you would think they could fix it.

What if it is hardware?
    12-16-11 01:40 PM
    well I bit the bullet yesterday and used my Mom's upgrade and bought the 9900. I was sooo nervous last night that I charged my phone using the USB plug that came with it, but when it was at 99+ I unplugged it. However, I had do deletee. An App and when I did I suddenly noticed the battery drop right after rebooting the phone. It went from 99+ to 92! I was extremely shocked. I charged it again to 99+ with my Torch charger. I kept waking up a few times checking to see if the phone was ok. I did manage to try out Phil UK's theory and installed .585. Everything seems fine right now.
    12-16-11 01:42 PM
    It makes me wonder if RIM is listening. I remember when there we so many keyboards going bad and RIM never said or even admitted there was a problem.

What if it is hardware?
    They are in the process of fixing it.

*keeps fingers crossed*
    12-16-11 01:44 PM
    Sorry but when a user can not plug a phone in before they go to bed and expect it to be working in the morning, it is not a user problem.!!!
    well, before you buy a cellphone, buyer should do some research first... and if you decided to go through, you gotta keep learning about it and any baggage that comes with it becomes user problem, because its the user that have to live with it. ranting or blame rim or (if possible) sending it back will only waste your energy...be real, you've made your choice so you gotta live with the consequence, nobody force you to buy 9900. so i dont think alex comment is stupid.
    12-16-11 01:52 PM
    They are in the process of fixing it.

*keeps fingers crossed*
    Really?

I only visit here every once in a while and I can hardly recognize this forum for all the complaints about their device. I know that the one that are working will not scream like the one that do not but when I look at the last 100 or so posts . . . . . .

Certainly RIM has got plenty of these bricked devices back and looked at them. I just can not see it taking so long to get a software update out. These are their top of the line devices that people are scared to leave plugged in overnight for fear they will be dead/bricked in the morning!
    12-16-11 01:54 PM
    How can I use a phone wrong? Cmon I'm just speaking from experience.
    as the matter of fact me too (i'm arguably loyal fruits user, but unfortunately i have no exp. of snacks--android)... we're talking bout smartphones here...not just a phone... like a boss with the workers... you should use them right for their talent
    12-16-11 02:45 PM
    Really?

I only visit here every once in a while and I can hardly recognize this forum for all the complaints about their device. I know that the one that are working will not scream like the one that do not but when I look at the last 100 or so posts . . . . . .

Certainly RIM has got plenty of these bricked devices back and looked at them. I just can not see it taking so long to get a software update out. These are their top of the line devices that people are scared to leave plugged in overnight for fear they will be dead/bricked in the morning!
    I totally agree. I'm just putting that from what others have said. But, still it's scary.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 12-16-11 at 04:35 PM.
    12-16-11 04:32 PM
    I'm writing with a new CrackBerry ID, but I've have nothing but good BB experiences (fourth one) up until now. Unfortunately, the 9930 (best one of all) has died on me twice, and many others are having similar issues, and I can't recall seeing Bricked posts for the previous BB incarnations. So something might be amiss.

Personally, I just appreciate having a forum here to trade information.
    12-16-11 04:56 PM
    What happens after the one year warranty ???
    12-16-11 08:20 PM

What if it is hardware?
    Good question? Will RIM keep replacing them? And if it is and they don't want to admit it do the newest ones coming off of the lines have the good hardware in them?
    12-16-11 08:55 PM
    12-16-11 09:05 PM
    I don't understand what the big deal is. If the problem stems from charging your phone, just don't charge your phone. At least you know it's guaranteed to work for a day... or at least half a day.
    12-16-11 09:18 PM
    I don't understand what the big deal is. If the problem stems from charging your phone, just don't charge your phone. At least you know it's guaranteed to work for a day... or at least half a day.
    LOL don't charge your phone and when the charge is out you can't use it all. I know that isn't what you meant.
    12-16-11 09:21 PM
    LOL don't charge your phone and when the charge is out you can't use it all. I know that isn't what you meant.
    Actually it is. My phone bricked three times. I'm on my fourth Sprint 9930. Of course I keep charging it daily but I know it's inevitable it will brick itself again. I just make sure I waste several minutes of every day backing it up properly... so I won't lose data beyond 24 hours.

If it weren't for the fact that I can't stand a phone that requires you to type on a smudgy piece of glass, I would have switched to Android or iPhone eons ago. Blackberry has me hooked on their physical keyboard... it's a dream to type on. Other than that, the phone is a disastrous POS.
    12-16-11 09:28 PM
    It isn't a hardware or software flaw. They just have crappy quality control and put out a lot of bad phones.
    12-16-11 10:03 PM
    It isn't a hardware or software flaw. They just have crappy quality control and put out a lot of bad phones.
    If that was the cause that would mean it's either a hardware or software flaw anyways....
    12-19-11 12:44 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD