The NWS is going to start rolling out emergency alerts this year and I was just wondering if they will be available for the 9900? I am assuming it is a compatible device since the 9900 is a newer bb but would like some confirmation. Below is a link explaining what I am talking about. Thanks for your time!

Wireless Emergency Alerts
    06-02-12 03:17 AM
    It looks like this will depend on the device software. I couldn't find quick info for your 9900 on AT&T but this link: Support: Software update: BlackBerry Torch 9810 suggests it should be appearing in latest builds of OS7.1. You also have to consider that AT&T only launched the initial service in a few smaller areas (AT&T - In what markets is Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) or Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) available? )
    06-02-12 07:44 AM
    Something similar to this has already been available at the local level for awhile.

I remember signing up to find out if my college would be closed. Doing so put me on a local list that sent me messages from various police departments. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...tments-439129/
    06-02-12 10:13 AM
    It looks like this will depend on the device software. I couldn't find quick info for your 9900 on AT&T but this link: Support: Software update: BlackBerry Torch 9810 suggests it should be appearing in latest builds of OS7.1. You also have to consider that AT&T only launched the initial service in a few smaller areas (AT&T - In what markets is Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) or Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) available? )
    Ok thanks. It might be awhile before then before it comes to the 9900 AT&T. I am on their latest build which is OS 7.0 .529. I am in tornado alley between to major cities so I imagine it will be available in my area, it will be just whether or not AT&T gives any love to the 9900. Thanks again!
    06-02-12 12:01 PM
    There's a emergency service message folder on my verizon 9930/7.1.0.355. But I never get any messages from anywhere so I hide the icon
    06-02-12 12:23 PM
    same here
    sprint 9330 7.1.0.267
    Boston area
    i just got my 9330 the other day tho so idk if it actually does anything or not yet

06-02-12 12:26 PM
    same here
    sprint 9330 7.1.0.267
    Boston area
    i just got my 9330 the other day tho so idk if it actually does anything or not yet

Click to view quoted image
    How did you get previews on your folders? For example ur media folder shows what's inside and so so the folder with google talk app
    06-02-12 12:31 PM
    How did you get previews on your folders? For example ur media folder shows what's inside and so so the folder with google talk app
    Buy Seven Point Five - Download Seven Point Five - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

seven point five theme fo 99 cents

sometimes when i change the things in the folder it goes back to a blank folder other times it updates the preview
    06-02-12 12:59 PM
    Thank you sir. Cool beans
    06-02-12 01:07 PM
    I was told by a tech support rep at Tmobile that my 9300/6.0.0.448 would have to be upgraded to OS 7.1 in order for TMO to do an OTA to program the phone to be able to receive Wireless Emergency Alerts. Can anyone confirm that. Is there an OS 7 software release available for the curve 3g?
    06-05-12 10:52 AM
    It definitely works. We had severe thunder storms and flash floods yesterday and my BB was going off frequently all afternoon. Kinda sounds just like your TV does with the klaxon like sound before the ribbon moves across the bottom. Shows up in notifications just like an e-mail.
    07-05-12 07:04 AM
    Doesn't work on my 9900 on att. I know someone said att is only trying it in a few small areas but I live in FL and we had that hurricane (or tropical storm Debby) and I didn't get a single one. I figured they would use it here.
    07-05-12 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD