For some reason the battery on my blackberry os .540 is really bad compared to what other people are saying about their battery life on the os .540. Do you think if I wipe my phone and reload the os in it will have better battery life? Or is there an os with better battery life than .540?
    12-11-11 03:32 PM
    There are mixed reviews, but .585 has good battery life for me. Maybe load .585 OS and/or check you apps to make sure you are closing them correctly so they aren't running constantly in the background. It's better for battery life to not have apps auto update in the background also.
    12-11-11 03:36 PM
    I always close my apps have gps/bluetooth/wifi turned off and I have brightness set to 10 and 20 sec auto dim screen.
    12-11-11 03:42 PM
    about how much average battery life you do get out of your battery?
    you could might try an clean install, maybe it will work or not, or there is no difference.
    like sc457 said there are mixed reviews for if it will work or not.
    i'm on .503 and it's reasonable and .540 was about the same for me.
    and .many do say .585 is good too.
    I get about a school days worth of battery I always have to charge it when I get back from school everyday which is about 7-3 so its about 8 hours of battery take or give. rarely call in school, but I bbm/txt quiet a lot and ocassionally fb/twitter thats about it
    12-11-11 04:07 PM
    OP no, don't reinstall the OS yet
    I had the same issue as you, so I exchanged the battery from korea/china to japan/indonesia and reinstalled .540 after wiping my 9900 and now am getting good battery life, No OS can help you if you have a bad battery life
    12-11-11 04:22 PM
    can u buy japan/indonesia ones on crackberry? The store I have a contract with already gave me 3 switches on my devices and I have a korea/china battery
    12-11-11 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD