Sorry if there is already a thread, i checked for updates on blackberry.com, they informed me i have an os7 update would i liketo install, i said yes....all was going well, half way through it just disconected....device and cable were still connected...i have now lost eveything on my device... i cant restore through desktop, as wont find the file

please help
    11-21-11 11:34 AM
    1. Always, always, always, always do a manual backup of the device before loading, installing, updating, upgrading, etc.

2. Search your computer for a file with the name something like (LoaderBackup)11-20-2011.ipd. Search the whole computer.

Hopefully, this backup file was created and you can use it to restore your data.

If not, do you have other backups that you have done either on the computer or with an app such as BlackBerry Protect or SmrtGuard?

If you haven't done any backups, then you are out of luck.

Good luck.
    11-21-11 11:38 AM
    i use blackberry protect, and found updates, restored from there and nothing happened
    11-21-11 11:40 AM
    i have found the loader back uip on computer how do i restore it?
    11-21-11 11:42 AM
    i have found the loader back uip on computer how do i restore it?
    Open Desktop Manager. Click Device > Restore... from the top navigation. Then browse to the .ipd file with your backup.
    11-21-11 11:45 AM
    fixed now guys thanks alot, backed everything up for future reference
    11-21-11 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD