Hello,

On Wednesday night a glass of wine fell onto the face of my 9900 which was in a case.
    I wiped it off, took out battery, wiped that off and re-inserted into Berry.
    The Berry came on all the way to my home screen, bright as usual but with wrong date...and then it went off.
    I then removed battery again and SIM card and placed into bowl of rice.
    The next morning, I re-inserted battery.
    The screen is blank, but I could hear my emails coming in and when I called the phone, it did ring, but the buttons didn't respond to answer the call.
    I then removed battery and SIM again and put back into rice again.

I haven't touched the phone again until this morn, Saturday.
    I re-inserted battery, red indicator light came on, then changed to amber blinking light for a few minutes then steady solid green light.
    If I touch the ESC key (the button furthest to the right), the green light goes off.
    If I hold down the same button for some seconds, the green light returns.
    I have now put everything back into rice.

Should I completely disassemble Berry and do the whole distilled water and 99% proof alcohol to clean off Berry?
    I saw that on YouTube this morning.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Anything, anything at all.

I've read that Berrys have fallen into toilets, into pools and survived...how can I bring mine back to life?
    It's barely two years old.

HELP, PLEASE!
    08-31-13 10:46 AM
    Hello,

On Wednesday night a glass of wine fell onto the face of my 9900 which was in a case.
    I wiped it off, took out battery, wiped that off and re-inserted into Berry.
    The Berry came on all the way to my home screen, bright as usual but with wrong date...and then it went off.
    I then removed battery again and SIM card and placed into bowl of rice.
    The next morning, I re-inserted battery.
    The screen is blank, but I could hear my emails coming in and when I called the phone, it did ring, but the buttons didn't respond to answer the call.
    I then removed battery and SIM again and put back into rice again.

I haven't touched the phone again until this morn, Saturday.
    I re-inserted battery, red indicator light came on, then changed to amber blinking light for a few minutes then steady solid green light.
    If I touch the ESC key (the button furthest to the right), the green light goes off.
    If I hold down the same button for some seconds, the green light returns.
    I have now put everything back into rice.

Should I completely disassemble Berry and do the whole distilled water and 99% proof alcohol to clean off Berry?
    I saw that on YouTube this morning.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Anything, anything at all.

I've read that Berrys have fallen into toilets, into pools and survived...how can I bring mine back to life?
    It's barely two years old.

HELP, PLEASE!
    My wife broke the LCD on her 9900. It's really pretty simple to take apart. I did have trouble with one screw that was really tight. It's worth a try to disassemble and clean it. What do you have to lose? My 9780 was completely dead after I got it wet once as well. I dried it out and it was fine and is still working to this day.
    08-31-13 11:08 AM
    May I ask why did you even think of trying to boot it right away?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-31-13 11:12 AM
    Few weeks ago, my lady gave my old 9900 a bath in the bag with all the baby stuff in - clean, bottled water it was, battery out, sim and sd card out, it was left face down for few days and at my carrier's official repair they could only establish that corrosion has done its job. MoBo dead. Rice will NOT do. Microwave will NOT do. Fortune on your side MIGHT. And insurance. So, I'm now wondering is it worth buying used 9900 in good shape for 85 euro (?! as 18 months ago I paid for mine 500 eur) and replacing the MoBo? I keep old phones I loved and had the same plan for the Bold, it just hurts having such a beautiful piece of paper weight... I'd love seeing it back in working state... my condolences, btw.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:53 PM
    This is why I only drink blackberry wine.
    LyoobaBerry and silkymel like this.
    08-31-13 03:57 PM