Yeah, this is my first post and after reading this site for a whole day I still can't figure out to get my Blackberry ID and Blackberry Protect accounts switched from my Cricket Blackberry Curve 9350 to my AT&T Blackberry Bold 9930 so that my wife can put her Blackberry ID and Blackberry Protect onto my old Cricket Blackberry Curve 9350.

I can log into my Blackberry ID and Protect accounts on the 9930 but the 9350 won't allow me to enter my wife's account info in place of my own.

I would be willing to pay someone local to the Denver area who knew how to do this properly to successfully enter the correct account data into these phones.

Thanks

Michael in Edgewater
    11-09-13 04:12 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, the Curve doesn't know it's not yours anymore.

Perform a Security Wipe on it in the Options app's menu.

Then you can use the BB Desktop Software (aka DM) to transfer your wife's info into the Curve, if she's coming from another BB that is.
    FremenNaib likes this.
    11-09-13 04:21 PM
    Get BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Back up both phones. As a first step. Do a device switch using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. After you get your ID moved to the Bold, security wipe the curve. Then set up her ID on it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    FremenNaib likes this.
    11-09-13 04:31 PM
    Hmmm, I suppose I could go grab one of my kids Windows machines and load the BB Device Manager on it but my wife already has so much stuff in that Curve I would be hard pressed to know what to save and what to throw out.

At least I know these things require a little bit of work to hijack if stolen, lol
    11-09-13 06:50 PM
    Hmmm, I suppose I could go grab one of my kids Windows machines and load the BB Device Manager on it but my wife already has so much stuff in that Curve I would be hard pressed to know what to save and what to throw out.

At least I know these things require a little bit of work to hijack if stolen, lol
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager lets you selectively restore almost anything that was on the phone -- apps, contacts, emails, SMS messages, and tons of other things. Back it all up first then you can always get back anything you might mess up. There is an excellent help file built in as well so that you can read up on the device switch, back up and restore stuff. It is not hard.

Get BBDM from the BlackBerry website.
    11-10-13 12:41 AM
    Yeah, this is my first post and after reading this site for a whole day I still can't figure out to get my Blackberry ID and Blackberry Protect accounts switched from my Cricket Blackberry Curve 9350 to my AT&T Blackberry Bold 9930 so that my wife can put her Blackberry ID and Blackberry Protect onto my old Cricket Blackberry Curve 9350.

I can log into my Blackberry ID and Protect accounts on the 9930 but the 9350 won't allow me to enter my wife's account info in place of my own.

I would be willing to pay someone local to the Denver area who knew how to do this properly to successfully enter the correct account data into these phones.

Thanks

Michael in Edgewater
    Hi Michael

You "can't" change a BBID once a device is setup.
    To enter a new ID, you need to wipe the device and then you can setup with the new information.
    Just make sure to make proper backups of your devices and you're good to go

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    FremenNaib likes this.
    11-10-13 01:27 AM
    I went ahead and backed up the files by accessing them directly in Linux and then wiped. I reloaded the files manually and it didn't detect them at first but after a reboot it finally saw them.

You guys have been great, thanks!
    southlander and Elite1 like this.
    11-10-13 07:19 AM
    I'm guessing it might have just taken a bit of time to populate.
    But glad we could help and that you got it sorted. Feel to pop-in with questions anytime
    11-10-13 04:05 PM