Sprint had better carry this phone. I don't want to be forced to switch to Android. I like having options as much as anyone else..
    Same here. My two phones of choice for my next 2 years are the HP Pre 3 and this new BB bold. The Evo 3D is a distant third. I'd rather stay away from Android honestly. It's pretty certain that Sprint isn't getting the Pre 3 so all my hope is focused on the Bold Touch.

Come on Sprint, help me seal the deal for another 2 years.
    05-04-11 11:06 PM
    Rogers is definitely getting it. So am I.
    Do you have any info on when Rogers going to release this phone? I am dying to get out of Telus.... please let me know.
    05-04-11 11:41 PM
    It's likely to come to Telus.
    05-05-11 11:59 AM
    im sure its safe to say that almost ever carrier is gonna get it ... the question is when are they getting it, 1 sooner then the other
    05-05-11 02:04 PM
    I am pretty sure this will land on all carriers. Just a matter of when....
    05-05-11 02:54 PM
    Stop the nonsense...Sprint needs to say something about the expected release, for I cannot imagine that they would not carry it. That would be economic suicide, for most HARDCORE BB owners would IMMEDIATELY switch carriers. I don't mind waiting, but I will not tolerate being in limbo. If Sprint refuses to communicate, I'll either just buy it from Verizon & unlock the phone, or I'll just switch to Verizon. I don't do well w/lack of communication...it tells me alot about the person/company/etc.
    05-06-11 09:25 AM
    I'm hearing 3rd week in June - can't confirm as I don't work for them lol *rumor*

my friends in tmo - sprint - & bestbuy mobile have all said the same

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 06:48 AM
    Fingers crossed for Vodafone
    05-08-11 12:07 PM
    FYI: If you buy the Verizon device and unlock it, it still will not work on Sprint.

Stop the nonsense...Sprint needs to say something about the expected release, for I cannot imagine that they would not carry it. That would be economic suicide, for most HARDCORE BB owners would IMMEDIATELY switch carriers. I don't mind waiting, but I will not tolerate being in limbo. If Sprint refuses to communicate, I'll either just buy it from Verizon & unlock the phone, or I'll just switch to Verizon. I don't do well w/lack of communication...it tells me alot about the person/company/etc.
    05-08-11 12:49 PM
    Sprint had better carry this phone. I don't want to be forced to switch to Android. I like having options as much as anyone else..
    I have Sprint also, and the timing is perfect for me, my contract expires 06/07 and I'll have a full upgrade avaiable. Sprint is getting the Playbook 4G soon? It stands to reason they'll get the Bold 9930. My fiance upgraded her phone in March to the Style 9670 and while I was at Sprint the rep told me her manager said that Sprint would be getting a "touchscreen" BlackBerry this summer, and the Bold 9930 IS qwerty/touch combo. IMO, Sprint would be one of the 1st CDMA carriers to grab the Bold 9930...but time will tell

05-09-11 03:08 PM
    I certainly hope Alltel gets the 9930. Since they sold to Verizon and At&t, you can't get anything out of what is left of Alltel. They were suppose to get the Style, but it never came thru, so hopefully they were waiting on the 9930. If they do I'm sure it will be several months after everyone else will. Still have my fingers crossed, would love to have this phone.
    05-09-11 08:38 PM
    My carrier won't get anything. They're still sporting the 8520. Losers.

Which brings on the question, how much will it be sold for? No contract.
    05-10-11 10:13 PM
    My carrier won't get anything. They're still sporting the 8520. Losers.

Which brings on the question, how much will it be sold for? No contract.
    Yeah in Canada probably only the Big 3 (Bell Rogers Telus) will get it.
    No contract we are looking at the standard $549 - $599 price range.

I spoke to a telus rep this week and she hinted we would be getting the HSPA+ version not the CDMA one.
    05-10-11 11:32 PM
    FYI: If you buy the Verizon device and unlock it, it still will not work on Sprint.
    Thanks for the FYI! You are ABSOLUTELY correct. I was having a "non-thinking" moment. Even if Sprint doesn't get it right away (though I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't/shouldn't), I'll just hold on to my Bold until they come out w/something. Perhaps the "delay" will result in an upgraded version of the 9930, or a newer model altogether. Until then, it will be me and my Bold, for I like my carrier, only purchase international phones (Samsung IP-A790, IP-830, Blackberry 8830, 9630, 9650), and love RIM phones.
    05-11-11 09:58 AM
    All of the major carriers (and many of the minor ones) will almost certainly be getting either the 9900 or the 9930. The only question for each carrier is when. The fact that they announced those phones at their World event goes to prove that. They have other phones coming out that they did not announce, such as the "Storm 3" & the "Torch 2", which will most likely be on select carriers only.
    05-13-11 10:20 AM
    T-Mobile always has the suckiest of the line ups WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    05-13-11 01:20 PM
    You all are talking national carriers - I'm sure they all will get it. I just hope my little 'ol US Cellular gets it too.
    05-13-11 01:48 PM
    I'm hearing 3rd week in June - can't confirm as I don't work for them lol *rumor*

my friends in tmo - sprint - & bestbuy mobile have all said the same

I work at BestBuy Canada and also think that we will get this phone AT LEAST by the end of June. Our stock levels for 9780s are downgraded. Most Canadian service providers have reduced the prices of BB 9780 from around $100 on three years to huge drop $30 or so for three years contracts.

05-13-11 02:20 PM
    With over 50 carriers major 4 US & major 3 Canada and the rest classified local carriers Just IN North America, and all the other worldwide carriers, RIM is saying the Bold 9900/9930 will be available to them ALL this summer (June 21st-September 22nd) I can't imagine these rumors of mid-August being true, so that means RIM would have to get these devices in the hands of ALL these carriers to test and the manufacter BY Sept. 21st? Within 30 days? No way. The ALL carriers worldwide this summer is VERY interprtive, for example, at&t, TiMobile, Verizon and Sprint and the big 3 Canadians and big 3 UK get them within days or 2 weeks of each other, and then local carriers filter down to them, which would THEN explain some carriers not getting the new Bold until mid-August (again, the 2011 CDMA roadmap WAS for local and NOT major carriers. I still hold mid to late June for the big 4 & big 3 in North America.

05-13-11 05:15 PM
    With over 50 carriers major 4 US & major 3 Canada and the rest classified local carriers Just IN North America, and all the other worldwide carriers, RIM is saying the Bold 9900/9930 will be available to them ALL this summer (June 21st-September 22nd) I can't imagine these rumors of mid-August being true, so that means RIM would have to get these devices in the hands of ALL these carriers to test and the manufacter BY Sept. 21st? Within 30 days? No way. The ALL carriers worldwide this summer is VERY interprtive, for example, at&t, TiMobile, Verizon and Sprint and the big 3 Canadians and big 3 UK get them within days or 2 weeks of each other, and then local carriers filter down to them, which would THEN explain some carriers not getting the new Bold until mid-August (again, the 2011 CDMA roadmap WAS for local and NOT major carriers. I still hold mid to late June for the big 4 & big 3 in North America.

Is O2-UK one of the 3 major UK carriers? My knowledge is they were the LAST to get the Torch, and always seem to be last to get the BlackBerry. They seem to be in bed with Microsoft now.
    05-13-11 05:57 PM
    Is O2-UK one of the 3 major UK carriers?
    Yeah... Vodafone, O2 and 3
    05-13-11 06:07 PM
    definitely cant wait to see it announced on AT&T, the Torch has been good to me but can't wait to use the new OS, not to mention the Bold Touch looks sexy in Black....
    05-13-11 07:50 PM
    I would like to use the 9930 on Virgin Mobile USA. I know they won't get it. If I bought it from Sprint & unlocked it, would it work on Virgin Mobile USA?

05-16-11 09:48 PM
    definitely cant wait to see it announced on AT&T, the Torch has been good to me but can't wait to use the new OS, not to mention the Bold Touch looks sexy in Black....
    Same here. I've been using Torch since the release date but the new Bold is simply so much better, with the new browser, processor and GPU.

05-16-11 10:15 PM
    Already asked Sasktel and they said they definitely would be getting it.
    05-16-11 10:39 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD