On my curve 9330 on sprint when I go to youtube or anyother website to watch something, the video always plays laggey and blatchy and always buffers for so long that I don't even want to watch the video anymore, do you guys know if that will happen on the bold touch? And does this type of stuff happen on your blackberries or is it just mine?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 02:16 AM
    It's probably the network. The good thing is that the 9900 will be HSPA+ compatible, which should allow for very smooth video streaming. HSPA alone is good enough to watch YouTube on with no buffering if the signal is strong enough.
    05-16-11 03:28 AM
    hspa is very good at coping with the likes of YouTube, even on high quality.

hopefully the quality isnt reduced like on some phones, which makes videos unwatchable at times.

05-16-11 05:01 AM
    This phone has a fantastic high resolution screen so watching high quality videos should not be a problem. Like Masahiro said, Video streaming depends upon network you are using and its signal strength.

05-16-11 07:54 AM
    If he is on sprint he would be getting the 9930 unless he changed carrier. This wouldn't have HSPA+, the videos should be better but it also depends on wifi connection if you are connected. I know videos are a lot better on OS6 than OS5 but I don't think there have been any videos about youtube playback on the 9900/9930.
    05-16-11 08:51 AM
    Yea when I'm in my house I use wifi, and sometimes the video stream good and other times there unwatchable

05-16-11 10:16 AM
    Current BlackBerrys just don't have good quality when it comes to playing youtube videos. They are tolerable yes, but they don't come close to the high quality versions of iOS and Android devices. I want to say I saw that it is a software limitation and youtube will not provide the good feed to BlackBerry users, at least not on the current phone OS.
    05-16-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD