I will be in America for a few weeks in July and would love to grab one of these babies.

Do you guys think I'll be able to find an unlocked device that I can take back home to South Africa with me?
    05-02-11 01:05 PM
    Do you knot that it probably won't be released by then?
    and did you know that you have to do stuff to the service books to get email and whatnot to work? (hours and hours of work -__-)
    That being said, You can purchase a normal GSM phone or buy the Sprint Version whenever it comes out, If old trends follow, it should be unlocked.
    05-02-11 01:12 PM
    Do you knot that it probably won't be released by then?
    and did you know that you have to do stuff to the service books to get email and whatnot to work? (hours and hours of work -__-)
    That being said, You can purchase a normal GSM phone or buy the Sprint Version whenever it comes out, If old trends follow, it should be unlocked.
    Surely if it's unlocked I shouldn't have any problems bringing it back and using it on my carrier network here? Or am I mistaken and the service books used in the US won't work with my carrier until it's officially released here?
    05-02-11 01:19 PM
    The service books will have to be added and you will have to get the first carrier to give um.
    here I'll link you some instructions.
    Click this

It is about the same for other carriers but you need to get the other service books.
    I don't know how the BBOS7 is made so I don't know at the moment.

You will have to do ALOT of work to make it work.
    05-02-11 01:22 PM
    So effectively my dreams of getting this phone in July are crushed?

I will just have to be patient and wait 'till it's released here. Oh well.

Thanks for the info though
    05-02-11 01:24 PM

The phone will be out by the first week of July as far as I know.
    05-02-11 01:58 PM
    Has anyone heard what carriers are goign to be offering the 9900/9930?
    BTW, why isnt it just the 9900 or just the 9930?
    05-04-11 09:49 PM

It looks like we will have to wait a bit more to know that... but i think that you still have a chance to get it on the week it's out, if no release delay will be by then.

Any way the point is that after it's available in stores you will be able to buy it where ever you are, some people will unlock it and sell it online and this is one option.
    second option is just buy it new and unlock it by yourself.

The unlocking part is the easy one, but to set it up with service book and make it work like it's made to - this will be the more complex part, but I'm sure that someone will be nice and will post the full instructions here on crackberry.

bottom line: you can get it anyway when ever it will be available in stores.
    05-05-11 01:17 AM
    It looks like we will have to wait a bit more to know that... but i think that you still have a chance to get it on the week it's out, if no release delay will be by then.

Any way the point is that after it's available in stores you will be able to buy it where ever you are, some people will unlock it and sell it online and this is one option.
    second option is just buy it new and unlock it by yourself.

The unlocking part is the easy one, but to set it up with service book and make it work like it's made to - this will be the more complex part, but I'm sure that someone will be nice and will post the full instructions here on crackberry.

bottom line: you can get it anyway when ever it will be available in stores.
    Do no places in America sell factory-unlocked Blackberries? Here is South Africa all phones come factory unlocked.

And I've just heard that my carrier will be selling the phone from July, I would still like to buy the phone from the US as it will be cheaper. I'm guessing I'll have no problem with the service books then because I can just send them from my carrier to the phone?
    05-05-11 01:46 PM
    Do no places in America sell factory-unlocked Blackberries? Here is South Africa all phones come factory unlocked.

And I've just heard that my carrier will be selling the phone from July, I would still like to buy the phone from the US as it will be cheaper. I'm guessing I'll have no problem with the service books then because I can just send them from my carrier to the phone?
    As long as your carrier support the device and has BIS systems up and running, you will be fine. Make sure that there are no legal or service provider policies that prevent you from buying one from US and using it in South Africa. Some service providers(carrier) and countries have policies that prevent people from buying phone outside the country and using them on their networks. Make sure you check that.

Since your mobile company support the phone from July, you can get the service books loaded from your carrier after you buy the phone.

Too bad we Canadians have to wait... it seems like I have to wait till the end of August to get this baby.

All the best.
    05-05-11 01:53 PM
    As long as your carrier support the device and has BIS systems up and running, you will be fine. Make sure that there are no legal or service provider policies that prevent you from buying one from US and using it in South Africa. Some service providers(carrier) and countries have policies that prevent people from buying phone outside the country and using them on their networks. Make sure you check that.

Since your mobile company support the phone from July, you can get the service books loaded from your carrier after you buy the phone.

Too bad we Canadians have to wait... it seems like I have to wait till the end of August to get this baby.

All the best.
    Luckily our networks here are quite open, you can use a phone bought anywhere so long as it's GSM.

Thanks
    05-05-11 02:01 PM
    Many of the unlocking companies will be supporting this device...
    05-05-11 02:52 PM

Sure, some stores will sell it unlocked by most of the carriers in the US will sell devices that are locked to their network.

Any way it's not a problem to unlock to be used with other network carriers.
    05-06-11 05:18 AM
    Vodafone UK has released an add that features the Bold 9900 being available "soon". Can't find the add right now but it's on the crackberry frontpage.

I sincerely couldn't care less. I'll just get it from eBay. That's how I got all my phones. eBay, not locked, not branded. Free to use however I damn please.
    05-06-11 05:26 AM
    Has anyone heard what carriers are goign to be offering the 9900/9930?
    BTW, why isnt it just the 9900 or just the 9930?
    9900 is for gsm and 9930 is for cdma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD