Any chance this phone will come out for sprint with the nextel radio built inside? I would love to have a ruggedized bold touch that uses sprint for all services, but with nextel's PTT. Not to mention a sim card for global roaming, wifi + BT. That would make for the ultimate business, get it done type device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 11:56 PM
    Only time will tell if it will be released compatible with Sprint/Nextel. Either a official release or maybe some leaked news. But either way you will have to wait to see if they will release a CDMA version
    02-15-11 12:09 AM
    I know no one has any reason to believe me, but...

I just attended a BESAdmins session hosted by Sprint & RIM this morning, our RIM host said there are several new Blackberrys to be released on Sprint in the near future, two of them are:

A Touchscreen bold, similar size to the Bold 9000 same keyboard with a touchscreen. It will also be much thinner than a 9700 for example.

A full touchscreen similar to the Storm (of course without the sureclick crap or whatever that was called)

So yes there will be one for Sprint!
    02-16-11 03:40 PM
    Was it this session?

Detroit, MI BlackBerry BESAdmin Sessions

Any tidbits on the Playbook?
    02-16-11 03:53 PM
    Thats the one, unfortunately they didn't bring a playbook for us to play with . They touched on it in their presentation but it was all the information that has been all over the web for the past month.

They did say though that RIM purchased the company that designed the UI for Android and so a while after release they will release a new UI for the playbook than what we have seen on the internet videos.
    02-16-11 03:59 PM
    Only time will tell if it will be released compatible with Sprint/Nextel. Either a official release or maybe some leaked news. But either way you will have to wait to see if they will release a CDMA version
    The CDMA version of the Dakota has been announced on the boards as the Montana. I haven't seen speculations on if it will have Nextel direct connect, but it sure does look like there will definitely be a CDMA model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 07:14 PM
    might have ot try out the Dakota/Montana, any idea when it will possibly be out? My upgrade is up May 1st...kinda want to upgrade ASAP so the wife can take my Evo as she is tired of her Samsung Moment.
    03-04-11 07:09 PM
    I work for Sprint and we will be getting both of these devices. There will not be a Nextel version as Nextel is being phased out. No release dates on these yet though.
    03-04-11 08:19 PM
    Come on Dan Hesse, show us the love!
    03-04-11 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD