It been a week or two since RIM anounced that there was a problem with the 99xx. Are they planning on fixing it or at least updating us about it. Its amazing and how can anyone in there right mind buy a BB with whats going on, at any price?
    Last edited by Betmen; 12-04-11 at 02:07 PM.
    12-04-11 02:04 PM
    They are I think working on a fix. Hope it is soon for the ones having issues. I'd like to get one, but am holding back because of the issues and that I can't upgrade yet.
    12-04-11 02:24 PM
    hope they have it fixed soon, mine is on it's way to me this coming week.
    12-04-11 02:37 PM
    It is taking them a while, but then again .. it could have been unofficially released in 7.1 and they are testing it on us ! haha
    12-04-11 02:52 PM
    Even if they found a fix, it's going to take awhile for them to do all there testing. They are not just going to release software if they believe they found a fix. I was involved in a discussion in another thread about this.

I'm betting on updates coming this week. Fingers crossed. I have no issues with my 9930... but don't we all love updates?
    12-04-11 03:03 PM
    I wish that be fast
    12-04-11 03:59 PM
    the only reason they said anything is because cnbc called them and it became an investor information issue i feel for poor RIM and hope it will not turn into RIP.
    12-04-11 11:34 PM
    I hope RIM pick up and fix these issues. RIM is one of the best companies to attack Apple extreme penetration into the market. Finally some people have noticed how Apple Inc take control over their daily lives and that's why other phones became more popular. RIM's BBs are good option, if they pick up and fix their issues asap.
    12-05-11 12:01 AM
    Even if they found a fix, it's going to take awhile for them to do all there testing. They are not just going to release software if they believe they found a fix. I was involved in a discussion in another thread about this.

I'm betting on updates coming this week. Fingers crossed. I have no issues with my 9930... but don't we all love updates?
    It's not just internal testing, once they have an OS that they are confident with RIM delivers it to each carrier. Each carrier then has to run their own internal QA at which point they each decide whether to push it to their customers or not. It could easily take months after RIM finalizes a fix before it's pushed to devices.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-05-11 09:01 AM
    You are assuming it's a software issue. That is not a given.
    12-05-11 09:07 AM
    You are assuming it's a software issue. That is not a given.
    Very true... but we can at least hope it is a software issue until it is otherwise confirmed.
    12-05-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD