I currently have the iphone 4 right now, but do not want to sell it (unless I really have to) but i am dying for the bold 9900. I used to have the bold 9000 and this new bold is the best yet I believe....

But tmobile, sprint, att and verizon are asking too much. Does anyone know if the prices will go down anytime soon? (Early next year?)

Should I just sell my iphone or wait a bit?

ps - Im currently out of the country, but will need a new phone number asap once I get back to the states. I've been suggested to unlock my iphone and use that in the meantime...

thanks in advance!
    12-11-11 02:47 PM
    if youre looking at contract pricing? Then yes it will go down.
    If you are looking at full outright price, probably not.
    12-11-11 02:49 PM
    I was happy to order a 9930 for myself and a 9850 for the Mrs. for free at Radio Shack...and they will send two $25 gift cards that I am getting a Kndle Fire with at my local store. Extending my 2 year unlimited data no issue! Come on hot spot for 9930!!
    12-11-11 02:56 PM
    if youre looking at contract pricing? Then yes it will go down.
    If you are looking at full outright price, probably not.
    yup, contract pricing thanks! I hope it's soon.
    12-11-11 03:05 PM
    I was happy to order a 9930 for myself and a 9850 for the Mrs. for free at Radio Shack...and they will send two $25 gift cards that I am getting a Kndle Fire with at my local store. Extending my 2 year unlimited data no issue! Come on hot spot for 9930!!
    hey! thanks, I checked out the radio shack deal and it's great to see the phone being offered for free, but what i noticed was that my monthly bill (through radio shack) will be up to 90 a month, but from the actual verizon website, although I'd be paying for the phone, my bill would come out to 71 or even 81 a month.

someone, correct me if i'm wrong.

but If not, I'll most likely get my phone from radio shack (or best buy) if the contract prices dont go down by the time i get back to the states.
    12-11-11 03:09 PM
    Just get the 9900 and sell the iphone to recoup the cost. Once you start using the 9900 I don't think you'll have a reason to use the iphone anymore. 9900 is definitely the best phone I've had out of 9000,9700,9800, and 9810.
    12-11-11 03:11 PM
    good to see you are interested in the 9900.
    contact prices will go down by time eventually, slowly by slowy you will see better deals popping out.
    i have bought my phone with a 2 years contract, and needed to pay 170euro's for the phone itself.
    since i just wanted to have it asap, and it was a good one, no need for returns and such.
    mostly i would buy an phone outright, but the price could be hefty.
    you could probaly wait and see, if you see a good contract deal that suits you, take it.
    prices always will go down by time.
    you can always sell your iphone4 to feed up your deal. so it's up to you if you want to wait or not.
    I hope the prices go down by the time I head back to the States. If not, I'll prob look for a deal online (like radio shack or best buy) but I've noticed that the catch is having the montly bill being higher, as opposed to paying a bit more for the phone at the store, but the bill is 20 dollars less.

A lot can happen in a month, so I'm hoping by early January I'll be able to get the bold. If I have to, I'll sell my iphone.

I am a bit in a rush because I'm going to need a phone number as soon as I get back home. And if I dish out money on a phone, I'd rather just get the one I want, unless I can use my iphone in the meantime and then get the bold...?
    12-11-11 03:12 PM
    Just get the 9900 and sell the iphone to recoup the cost. Once you start using the 9900 I don't think you'll have a reason to use the iphone anymore. 9900 is definitely the best phone I've had out of 9000,9700,9800, and 9810.
    thanks, and youre right. I'm most likely going to sell my Iphone.

I've had the bold 9000 and loved it, except for the trackball. This 9900 I think is perfection and would def get rid of my Iphone for it.

Although my question is...I have a mac laptop. Is there anyway I would be able to hook up my blackberry to it (sync it)?
    12-11-11 03:15 PM
    In my case (long time T-mo cust, 4 lines, 2 ready for upgrade) they wouldn't discount phone from the re-up price but they gave me discount on next months service. Paid for the phone and saw credit on bill in a couple of days. Don't know why they do it this way but it got the phone down to less than sixty bucks. I did do the 2 year agreement though. I was informed by the t-mo rep to always make sure I am speaking to a real t-mo rep and not one of the many call centers out there. He said they are full of salesmen and weren't worth a crap. So if you call in, make sure you are speaking with an "in house" t-mo rep.

Chad
    mrsjamesfrnco likes this.
    12-11-11 03:29 PM
    Although my question is...I have a mac laptop. Is there anyway I would be able to hook up my blackberry to it (sync it)?
    I use a mac and the Blackberry Desktop software works well. About a month ago they updated the Mac version and it syncs everything, even iTunes.
    mrsjamesfrnco likes this.
    12-11-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD